Chapter 4 : Coffee Talk

Taken into Account
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's lunchtime and Jeongyeon is in a hurry to fix her stuff and go to the cafe like she usually does. She'd always pick savory pastries and coffee for lunch since she thought it would save much time than having a full meal. Just when she was about to open the door of the bank to go outside, she suddenly remembered something. Sana's coffee invite. She thought maybe it would be nice if she'd be the one to ask Sana over for lunch and try making friends with her. She jogged back to her table and scanned the office in hopes that Sana's still in there and as per usual, she found her chitchatting with Nayeon.

 

"Sana!"

“Oh, Jeongyeon, what’s buzzing?” Sana replied with a smirk which kind of made her anxious for some reason.

“Coffee or tea, perhaps?” The tall girl answered with a hint of awkward British accent.

“Coffee it is.” The charming one answered while skipping towards Jeongyeon. “I guess you’re okay with interacting now?”

“Well yeah, I guess.” Jeongyeon was suddenly nervous with the distance between them which was more than an inch which was very unusual for her. ‘I have to keep my cool if I want to learn to interact again’

“Sooooo, let’s go??”

“Yeah, of course”

 

They silently and not to mention, awkwardly walked their way to the café. Jeongyeon was fighting the urge to put hear headphones on like she usually does. She thought it would be rude to invite someone and put some headphones on as if not talking to them isn’t the same things. She could say Sana feels awkward too, it isn’t everyday that someone like her would invite someone for coffee.

Once they arrive, Jeongyeon already knew what she was going to get. Sana, on the other hand, seems to be having a long time choosing what to order and this is making her anxious because they’re one person away from ordering.

 

“The cheesecake’s decent here”, Jeongyeon said quietly.

“Oh thanks, I do not come here often..”

“That’s pretty obvious.. Oh, and I usually pair it with espresso.”

“I see. Coffee talk cheers you up, doesn’t it?”

“I guess? I just can contribute to the conversation more when it comes to coffee.” She suddenly laughs at herself at that thought.

“Did I miss the joke??” Sana turned clueless.

“I just realized something.” Jeongyeon says trying not to let out another laugh.

“And it is??” She tilted her head and for a minute the older one felt soft after realizing she’s more adorable than she thought.

“It sounds lame, but I just find it funny how I go here for so long actually knowing a lot of things about coffee, but, still have anxiety every single time I order. Hence, I order the same thing every day.”

 

Sana let out a laugh only to realize the counter guy\s been waiting for their orders. She turned to Jeongyeon and the blondie just stared at her in confusion, looking anxious too. “Go ahead and JY, I’ll order instead. They seem to know what you like! Catch some air.” ending what she said with a wink.

Jeongyeon then started scanning the place for some seat. She spotted the corner table is empty, which was unusual, so she skipped her way to the seats. The café didn’t feel as anxiety inducing than usual. She thought maybe because she’s finally having coffee with someone after a long time. ‘Seems like Sana decided to wait for the coffee beside the counter instead’ the lone girl whispered to herself. ‘A little music won’t hurt’

 

There's a light

A certain kind of light

That never shone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter