Chapter 1 : Not Today

Taken into Account
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“t-the usual”, Jeongyeon anxiously replied to the barista at a café near her office. She’s a regular customer in this coffee shop but her social anxiety never fails to show up whenever it’s her turn to order. “Black coffee for this hurrying gal!” She could hear a smirk in his voice which made her more uncomfortable. Music has always been her escape so she plugged in to her Walkman and inserted her favorite mixtape.

 

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair

Warm smell of colitis, rising up through the air

 

The scent of coffee and the view outside the café blended well with the music. The loud gibberish chatting was silenced by the husky vocals of Eagles, the band who sang her all-time favorite song – as of now – Hotel California. She appreciates music so much that a single track is not enough for her to favor on. She closed her eyes and escapes from the world as she engross herself to the songs.

 

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light

My head grew heavy and my sigh-

 

She accidentally clicked the pause button as someone tapped her shoulder.

“uhm miss, your coffee is here.” It was the barista.

“Oh I’m sorry and thank you”, jeongyeon snaps and realizes the time.

She walked fast but didn’t run because she didn’t want more humiliation after the not-hearing-her-name-being-called scenario in the café. Just a few more steps till she reaches the bank she was working at she popped in her earphones again and played music due to the fact that she didn’t like social interactions (unless it’s for work of course).

 

My sight grew dim

I had to stop for the night

 

When she entered the bank, she noticed an odd aura in the office as the other employees smiled to her direction. ‘What the hell is going on?’ she whispered to herself while smiling back to her officemates. That’s when she notice her officemates weren’t actually smiling at her but to the person behind her. ‘Lol, of course’ she sighed in relief. She never got along with them. They’re all about parties and drinks behind their uniforms. ‘But why would they smile widely if it was just a client?’ Jeongyeon thought.

 

There she stood in the doorway

I heard the mission bell

 

Jeongyeon turns around out of curiosity and there stood a woman so sophisticated that she failed to miss a single detail of her beauty, from the moles written like the stars on her delicate skin to her cute gummy smile. The woman then smiles at her and while the cupid is striking arrows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter