Popular (MoTzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

A/N - I am in love with TzuMo. They’re so cute! Also Nerd!Momo from the What is Love M/V is equally as adorable. This story takes the longest to update as all chapters are >3000 words. This is based on Nayeon’s scene in WIL? ALSO I LOVE SANA AND SHE KEEPS BEING THE BAD GUY IDK WHY!

 

Thanks Unique_unicorn for the plot idea!!!

 

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE PROMPTS!

 

25 = (Chinese characters) 二十五 = Èrshíwǔ = Ershiwu (This is important)

 

Popular

 

Momo was a nerd.

 

Not a smart nerd like Nayeon or the comic book nerd like Chaeyoung, nor was she the weird nerd like Dahyun or the lego/model building nerd like Jeongyeon. No Momo was a nerd because of one thing: she wore glasses. Sure she was also friends with the ‘nerdy’ group but the main factor was the glasses. She was pretty - a fact she had been told time and time again by her parents and friends but it was all hidden behind a pair of large, thick rimmed, round glasses. With tape in the middle from when Minatozaki Sana had bumped her in the hallway and caused her glasses to fall and snap in half.

 

It was unknown if she had actually meant to do it, to be fair.

 

Sana, Jihyo and Mina were the most popular girls in school and ergo they were everything Momo wasn’t. They were beautiful, naturally so and had all the girls in their private school swooning over them. Jihyo and Mina weren’t so bad in all honesty, it was when they were with Sana that the iness came out. Even then, they were all sickly sweet to someone’s face - it was their blind followers that caused problems. However, everyone knew they were told who to target. All the popular girls at their school had fan club, this included the basketball team.

 

More importantly: Chou Tzuyu

 

Momo had never seen the girl in person, only heard stories about her from other students. Momo’s friend Jeongyeon was on the basketball team and had a few fans here and there but no where near the amount the mysterious Tzuyu had. Jeongyeon had told her Tzuyu was actually quite nice despite her popularity but Momo knew it was probably the sickly sweet niceness that Sana usually showed. It was another well known fact that the Sanake liked the basketball captain, it fulfilled the well known trope of head cheerleader and sports captain.

 

As Momo sat on her own at the back of library during the only free period that not one of her friends shared (Friday, period 5 just after lunch). She thought once more about the illusive Chou Tzuyu. Momo had no clue as to why she found the girl so interesting, perhaps it was because she was in Nayeon’s words “sooooo popular!” and yet Momo had no clue who she was. She knew the type: probably stuck up, rich, never listened in class yet bullied nerds like Momo to do the homework. Well except not Momo, she wasn’t the sort of nerd that’d be good for academic advice.

 

The girl sighed, she couldn’t wait for the day to end so that she could go to her dance class. Momo loved dancing, it was the one thing she had always been good at. She loved everything to do with dancing and could dance to any style of music played. She actually had one dance class with the elegant-resting--faced-black-swan Myoui Mina and they surprisingly got along when Sana wasn’t there. As Momo was thinking about how nice Mina actually was she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder and turned.

 

Damn.

 

The girl that had been tapping her shoulder was a goddess. Momo felt words get caught in her now dry throat as she looked at her. The girl seemed awkward, long body and long arms clutching books - she didn’t seem to know what to do with herself so instead just clutched the books to her chest as she tried to decide what to say. Unlike most of the girls in their school she was actually wearing her dark blue blazer which caught Momo off guard slightly - it wasn’t even that cold out.

 

“Hi.” The girl said shyly, “Do you mind if I sit here?”

 

Momo nodded, “It’s pretty far back.”

 

Pabo. She knows it’s at the back - she walked here!

 

The girl chuckled as she sat opposite, “Yeah, I’m kinda - hiding from somebody.”

 

“You’re a foreigner!” Momo blurted out suddenly earning a shush from the librarian who was placing books nearby, “Sorry.”

 

Pabo.

 

The girl giggled, “So are you.”

 

“I’m Japanese.”

 

“I’m from Taiwan.”

 

“Ohh,” Momo said not stopping her verbal diarrhoea, “That’s where Chou Tzuyu’s from isn’t it?”

 

The girl raised an eyebrow, this was interesting, “You know Chou Tzuyu?”

 

Momo shrugged, “Only by reputation, I’ve never seen her in real life. But I can imagine what she’s like.”

 

“Really? What do you think she’s like?”

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

Mystery girl smiled, “Just interested, I heard rumours but I wanna know what you think - you don’t seem like the others in her crowd.”

 

“I think she’d be stuck up, like Minatozaki but less annoying.”

 

The girl laughed, “Minatozaki….like Minatozaki Sana?”

 

Momo nodded, “I don’t like Sanake very much.”

 

“Why not?”

 

Momo pointed to the tape on her glasses, “She broke these for one. My parents can’t afford to get me a new pair so I have to deal until they get paid next month.”

 

“I didn’t think Sana would do something like that.”

 

“She’s bullied me since my first day,” Momo sighed, “I can’t help but feel like Chou Tzuyu would be exactly the same.”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

 

“Don’t be, some are bullies and some are bullied. I’d rather be bullied.”

 

The girl smiled at her, “I agree, I’m not bullied but I hate to see anyone putting anyone else down.”

 

“I don’t know why I’ve never seen you around.” Momo commented,

 

The girl giggled shyly as she tucked a lock of hair, it had escaped from behind her ear, back where it belonged, “I’m not one for large crowds.”

 

“I get that, me and my friends tend to stay away from crowded areas - less trouble.”

 

The girl frowned, “Well if anyone ever gives you trouble let me know!”

 

“Oh yeah? What will you do?” Momo asked jokingly,

 

“Trust me, I have my ways.” The girl laughed flexing muscles that Momo couldn’t see beneath the blazer,

 

The bell went ending their conversation and Momo began to feel sad that they would have to part. As both girls packed up their books they smiled at each other - neither really wanting to go to their last lesson. The mystery girl went to leave first prompting Momo into action.

 

“Wait!” She called out, “What’s your name?”

 

“Can’t it remain a mystery?” The girl asked,

 

“Well I have to call you something.”

 

“I’ll give you a clue,” The girl said pausing to think, “Ershiwu. What’s yours?”

 

“I’ll give you a clue too!” Momo said excitedly, “Umm…..Peach!”

 

“Okay then,” Ershiwu said with a grin, “Same time next week, Peach?”

 

“Yeah, sure!” Momo replied unable to stop the large grin that spread across her face,

 

Momo got to her last class uncharacteristically late and it was a surprise to everyone - especially since for once Momo didn’t become terrified by the scolding. Momo sat in the middle row between Nayeon and Jeongyeon, completely ignoring the paper ball Sana threw at her. She was too happy. Nayeon and Jeongyeon became concerned when they noticed Momo was blatantly not listening to a word the teacher said so each made sure to have enough notes written down to allow their friend to understand the material. They knew they’d have no chance to talk to her today, as she would be running to dance practice as soon as their lesson ended, so they kept everything to themselves for now and would interrogate her Monday.

 

Momo was distracted for the rest of the weekend. Ershiwu plagued her thoughts and Momo couldn’t help but wonder who she was, there must be a reason that Ershiwu didn’t want her to know her name. At one point she even searched the word online to no avail, it was a mystery. She wondered if Ershiwu had figured out her clue yet, it wasn’t hard but Momo felt a need to return the girls mysterious ways. Sure the Japanese girl wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box but she wasn’t dumb when it came to herself, she was very self aware. She knew there was no point denying that something was pulling her to the other girl, whether that was attraction or just curiousness she wasn’t sure but she knew it was something.

 

Eventually Monday rolled around, the morning was uneventful - apart from Sana deliberately tripping her in the hallway. When lunch arrived Momo was ready to eat. Next to dance eating was one of Momo’s main source of happiness, she loved any type of food and would try anything put in front of her (including a glue stick thanks to Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung which had ended in a fun trip to the hospital). As Momo’s locker was closest to the cafeteria the girls all met there, Momo usually let them all dump their books in there while they ate. While Dahyun launched into a story about how her teacher had farted in the middle of their test, Momo opened her locker and to her surprise there was a present left for her. Momo picked up the glasses case and opened it - finding a pair of glasses inside and a note pressed into the top. The words: Peach written in awkward Korean characters, Momo hurriedly opened it.

 

Momo huh? Not much of a hint. It’s a pretty name though :)

 

I couldn’t have worked it out alone but a friend of mine speaks Japanese so I asked her, she solved it for me. Anyway, I remembered you saying your parents couldn’t afford to get you a new pair of glasses and I thought that so I used some of my savings and got you a good pair (do not ask how I got your optician’s notes - trust me it’s creepy, James Bond, Mission Impossible stuff). I hope you like them, they’re a bit more durable and sturdy compared to the other ones so even if Sanake does try to break these it wont be easy.

 

Don’t worry about the price, I’m fortunate enough to be able to access more money than I know what to do with. Call it a thank you for keeping me company and letting me hide with you on Friday - and hopefully for becoming the first REAL friend I’ve made here.

 

See you Friday!

Ershiwu

Xx

 

P.S - Not trying to buy your friendship I promise!

 

Suddenly the letter was snatched from her hands and her friends were all gathered around it giggling and “aww”ing in places. Momo was quick to grab it back - blushing furiously as she did so. She put everything back into her locker and swapped her broken glasses for the new ones. Ershiwu got it exactly right and while these ones were slightly heavier than her last pair they were nowhere near as “nerdy”. Momo should have been concerned with Ershiwu’s stalking, especially since Momo had no clue who she really was but in truth Momo had seen some of Sanake’s fans doing weirder things to get in her good graces so this was okay.

 

It was when they sat down at the table to eat that the interrogation began.

 

“Sooo,” Nayeon began pushing her own glasses up her nose, “Who’s Ershiwu?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Pfft!” Jeongyeon scoffed, “We read that note, we know you had a date Friday.”

 

“It wasn’t a date.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“It wasn’t!” Momo cried frustrated, “And I really don’t know who she is. Ershiwu isn’t her real name, it’s a clue apparently.”

 

“Ahhh, so the first part of the note?” Chaeyoung concluded,

 

“Was about my clue - Peach in Japanese is pronounced Momo.”

 

“That’s a clue.”

 

“Quiet Jeongyeon!” Nayeon snapped, she loved a good love story,

 

“Is she foreign too? Maybe she did the same thing you did?”

 

“She’s from Taiwan, they speak Chinese right?”

 

Jeongyeon nodded, “Tzuyu does, maybe I should ask her if she knows anything?”

 

“No!” Momo shouted - fear clouding her features,

 

“Why not?” Jeongyeon asked, “She’s really nice Momo, she’d love to help you out.”

 

Momo looked down, “I kinda…spent most of our conversation talking badly about Chou Tzuyu.”

 

“What!?” Jeongyeon asked, “Why? You’ve never met her!”

 

“I don’t know Ershiwu asked what I thought of her.”

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “Just let me ask Tzuyu,” she got out her phone, “How’s it spelt?”

 

“E-R-S-H-I-W-U.” Momo recited,

 

Jeongyeon’s phone lit up and she let out a laugh. This sparked Momo’s interest, “What did she say?”

 

“Only that the closest thing she can think of is ‘25’.” Jeongyeon lied,

 

“So Ershiwu’s means 25?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Well that didn’t help.

 

_____

 

Friday finally rolled around and Momo rushed to library as soon as the bell rang - excited to see the mysterious Ershiwu. All week she had been looking for something to do with the number 25 but there was absolutely nothing that would reveal Ershiwu’s real name. Momo was a little irritated, it wasn’t fair that mystery girl knew her name and not vice-versa. Momo sat in her usual seat and eagerly awaited her knew friends arrival. Five minuets into the period she walked in, sending Momo a smile as she made her way over to her.

 

“You’re wearing the glasses?”

 

“They’re perfect,” Momo said happily, “Though I feel bad, they must have been expensive.”

 

Ershiwu waved her off and sat down, “Please, I’m lucky to not have to worry about money. I don’t want to become spoilt so I make sure my friends also have all they need.”

 

Momo was surprised, “Well thank you, anyway.”

 

“I’m glad you like them.”

 

They spent the rest of the period talking quietly about their lives. To Momo’s delight, rather than sit opposite her, Ershiwu sat next to her. They propped a large book up in front of them in order to get some privacy as the giggled and commented on the students around them: from the two making out in the back corner, to the jock desperately trying to do his maths homework before his next period. After a while Momo knew the period was coming to a close and she sighed.

 

“What’s wrong?” Ershiwu asked,

 

“Nothing, just don’t wanna go to class.”

 

Ershiwu got a mischievous glint in her eye, “Weeell you could skip.”

 

“Skip!?” Momo shouted causing a nearby librarian to shush her, “Sorry.”

 

The other girl giggled, “C’mon Momo, you’ve never skipped before?”

 

Momo shook her head.

 

“You have to do it at least once - I’m sure even Nayeon has once.”

 

This was true, all of Momo’s friends had skipped for one reason or another. Chaeyoung did it the most, not intentionally but occasionally she’d be off in her own world and had no idea that lunch had ended. Dahyun also skipped regularly, she was one of those annoying students who didn’t need to study because she’d still ace every test and the worst part was Dahyun knew it. Jeongyeon and Nayeon however, had only skipped a few times. This was usually to do with Sanake picking on Nayeon (her favourite target) and Jeongyeon was somewhere consoling her. Momo had never skipped, she had a very real fear of being shouted at - she hated it. It all stemmed from a horrible dance teacher she had when she was little, it’s a well known fact that choreographers are strict but this woman was a dragon. Momo never regretted switching dance schools, however she hated that her parents could barely afford it. Thinking of her families financial status Momo unconsciously touched her new glasses and looked at the girl who had gifted them to her. Maybe it’d be nice to break the rules for once.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Wait a second…..

 

“How’d you know I was friends with Nayeon?”

 

The mysterious girl just tapped her nose.

 

Ershiwu and Momo walked out of the school gates and Momo was surprised nobody stopped them. They didn’t have any plans really, they just wanted to enjoy each others company that little bit longer. They ended up in the park, sitting under a large tree. Momo told Ershiwu all about her dancing and in return Ershiwu showed her pictures of her dog - both girls enjoyed watching the other being so passionate. While they had their phones out they made sure to exchange numbers. As Ershiwu began telling Momo about Taiwan, the dancer felt the mood change. She didn’t know what it meant when Ershiwu looked at her, she was sad. Momo had found out that the younger girl (yes she was younger) was living in South Korea alone, her parents having sent her here to allow her the chance to learn a second language. Momo knew what it was like to be in a strange country where you didn’t know anyone, therefore in an attempt to comfort her Momo wrapped the girl in a tight hug.

 

“W-What’s this for?”

 

“I may be dumb but even I know you’re homesick.”

 

“N-No--”

 

“Shhh, let Momoring hug you.”

 

Ershiwu chuckled, “Okay.”

 

Momo pulled away a little, “Are you sure you can’t tell me your real name?”

 

Ershiwu sighed, she really wanted too, “I can’t.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I’m worried when you find out you wont like me any more.”

 

Momo nearly squealed at how cute she looked when she was frightened but it wasn’t the time, “I’ll always like you.”

 

“Really?” Ershiwu asked looking at Momo,

 

Momo nodded, having realised how close their faces were she didn’t want to risk speaking. She felt any noise she made would break the moment they were sharing. For a moment she thought she saw Ershiwu leaning in, Momo’s brain stopped working - this was it, her first kiss. First kiss? First kiss! Momo began panicking and suddenly noticed the time - thank go----I mean oh no! She was going to be late for dance. Springing away from the other girl she screamed something that resembled a goodbye and sprinted away. Ershiwu just smiled after her: Momo was definitely cute.

 

_____

 

From Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

Hey Momo! Wanna get lunch today?

 

To Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

Sure :)

 

“Where were you Friday?” Nayeon asked as Momo walked into her maths class,

 

The teacher was sick and the sub had disappeared into the janitors closet with the drama teacher. So basically they had a free period before lunch.

 

“Me? Nowhere.”

 

“I thought we were past you attempting to lie?” Jeongyeon asked with a snigger,

 

Momo sighed, “Fine, but I’m only saying this because I need your help. Not for teasing, okay?”

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes, “Teasing is an added bonus!”

 

Momo glared at her, “It’s not funny guys I’m really freaking out.”

 

“What’s wrong Moguri?” Chaeyoung asked,

 

They’d never seen Momo this worked up, she was usually pretty chill and happy-go-lucky. It was a shame because the past week or so Momo had been walking on air, Jeongyeon began wondering if she discovered Ershiwu’s real identity. She really hoped that wasn’t what got Momo so down. However, even if it wasn’t the gang had agreed to go to Jeongyeon’s basketball game tonight - Momo would find out the secret behind 25. To her relief it was nothing to do with Ershiwu’s name as Momo relayed the story of her first time skipping class, unaware that unwanted ears were also listening.

 

“It sounds like you had fun,” Chaeyoung said, “What’s the problem?”

 

Momo groaned and placed her head in her arms on the desk, “Eeiedooissmeninicked.”

 

“Momo we can’t here you.” Dahyun said rubbing her back,

 

Momo raised her head to look at her, “She tried to kiss me and I panicked.”

 

Nayeon was confused, “Wait, don’t you like her?”

 

“I do.”

 

“Then why did you panic?”

 

“I don’t know!” Momo whined,

 

“I do.” A smug voice spoke up from behind them,

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “Get lost Sana.”

 

“Hmm no thanks,” Sana smirked as she looked at Momo, “The reason you panicked is because you realised you’re not good enough for her, she sounds like the romantic type. You’re a nobody Momo, you know the second she realises that she’ll ditch you.”

 

“Shut up, Sana!” Dahyun spat,

 

“Only telling her the truth,” Sana sighed, “Poor baby deserves to know how undesirable she is.”

 

“I said shut up!” Dahyun continued,

 

“I mean at the end of the day you’re only here because your Mom ran out of coat hangers.”

 

“I don't know how anyone could ever love you,” Sana continued, “Though people do have a thing for social heroes, leaving home everyday with your face looking so disfigured - I guess I have to respect you for that.”

 

Momo knew Sana was just being a but her words hit home. Ershiwu was a goddess, Momo could never compete! Why would a girl like that waste her time on Momo? Maybe she wasn’t leaning in at all and Momo had blown the whole thing out of proportion. Tears sprang in Momo’s eyes and she fled the classroom. She ran to the far back of the library behind all the shelves and curled into a ball next to the dusty encyclopaedias no one ever came looking for. Ershiwu could have any girl she wanted, Momo was nowhere near as pretty as some of them. Why did Sana have to burst her bubble? For one moment Momo wanted to believe a funny, nice, pretty girl could have a mutual affection for her. But she was wrong.

 

“Momo?”

 

That was the last person she wanted to see.

 

Ershiwu knelt next to her, “Momo what’s wrong?”

 

“S-Sana just being a .” Momo sobbed,

 

The other girl tightened her hands into fists, “What did she say?”  

 

“Nothing.” Momo said calming a little,

 

“Tell me.”

 

I don’t know how anyone could ever love you.

 

Momo repeated the harsh words quietly, praying Ershiwu couldn’t hear them. But she did and it further fuelled her anger. When she saw how small Momo looked she calmed - she could kill that snake later for now she needed to help Momo.

 

“None of that is true Momo.” Ershiwu said softly,

 

“Is it not?”

 

“No! You’re beautiful! You’re smart, funny, kind - everything Sana is not. I like you Momo, so if I’m to only one who ever loves you good. I’m competitive.”

 

Momo giggled a bit before looking up at her with tears still rolling down her cheeks, “You’re just saying that.”

 

“I’m not.” Ershiwu told her with such sincerity that Momo nearly believed it,

 

Sensing that the girl was still doubting herself Ershiwu sighed and without giving Momo a chance to over think she crashed their lips together. Momo let out a noise in surprise, but soon gave in to the warm kiss. Her first kiss. Neither girl were very experienced so it was sloppy and not the most appealing thing to witness but to them it was special. Ershiwu poured all her feelings into it and when Momo began sending them back she felt her heart flutter. When they pulled apart they rested their foreheads together - embracing the closeness.

 

Momo looked at her with shining eyes, “Thank you.”

 

“Wo Ai Ni.”

 

Momo laughed, “Great something else I have to google translate.”

 

_____

 

Momo returned to her class after lunch - head held high. Her friends all noticed her new confidence (and slightly swollen lip….they were in the library a while). It made Jeongyeon both happy and nervous at the same time, she was happy Momo was happy of course but she couldn’t help but feel afraid of what would happen tonight when all the secrets were out. Soon the time came and Momo, Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun stood front row with a banner for Jeongyeon attached to the railing in front of them. Momo was still on a high from earlier and her friends noticed.

 

“Someone’s smiley.” Dahyun commented nudging the older girl with her shoulder,

 

“Do you have a picture of this girl?”

 

Momo beamed, “I actually do!”

 

Momo passed Nayeon her phone, on which was a photo of a happy Momo and Ershiwu. They had taken it to remind themselves of their first confession. Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun shared a look, they knew who this was - how did Momo not? Unfortunately before they could warn their friend the music started and Nayeon stood to cheer her girlfriend on. The commentator began reading out the home teams numbers.

 

“Next is number 13 Chong Elkie!”

 

A white haired girl ran out and highfived the previously announced members.

 

“Number 0 - Yoo Jeongyeon!”

 

“0? She always has to be difficult.” Dahyun sighed as Nayeon went wild next to her,

 

And finally,”

 

Momo’s interest was peeked.

 

“The JYP Tigers team captain,”

 

She’d finally see the famous Chou Tzuyu.

 

“Number 25,”

 

Wait, twenty five?

 

CHOU TZUYU!”

 

Well that was not who Momo was expecting.

 

The crowd erupted as Ersh---Tzuyu made her way to her team - highfiving Jeongyeon as she approached. As the other teams names were read out Jeongyeon whispered something to the taller girl who blushed and began searching the crowd until she met Momo’s confused gaze. She waved shyly but Momo didn’t know how to respond. The noise of the crowd was starting to become overwhelming and as the game started Momo was made to realise why Tzuyu was captain. She was amazing. Never missing a shot but never hogging the ball, making sure every player had at least one chance at the net. She was good. Too good. Momo remembered what Nayeon had told her - about Sana’s crush on Tzuyu. What if Tzuyu was using her? What if Sana took Tzuyu away? Feeling her eyes well up she excused herself, thinking no one would notice. But someone did.

 

“Oooo, that’s the first shot Chou has missed all season. Is she having an off day?”

 

_____

 

Monday

From Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

Momo, can we talk?

 

Tuesday

From Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

Please? I miss you x

 

Wednesday

From Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

Don’t shut me out :(

 

Thursday

From Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

Wo Ai Ni! <3

 

Friday

From Ershiwu International Woman of Mystery

I take it you’re not coming today then :(

 

_____

 

Momo went to her dance studio that Friday afternoon as usual, the lesson had been cancelled so Momo decided to make use of the empty room. She’d been avoiding Tzuyu all week which had hurt her but was for the best. The basketball player had sent her a message every day and it pained Momo to see them, it made her believe she cared only for Momo to be reminded that it was probably a sick joke Sana was pulling.

 

She danced to whatever song came on, moving with perfect fluidity to slower songs and firey hot passion to the faster ones. Momo danced until the ache in her chest was forgotten and all she could focus on was the next move. She danced and danced until finally her playlist ended and all she heard was a single pair of hands clapping. She turned sharply and there Tzuyu was - small nervous smile on her face, still looking awkward.

 

“W-What are you doing here?” Momo panted,

 

Tzuyu walked over and handed her water before patting her face with Momo’s towel that she had picked up, “You’re amazing.”

 

Momo’s cheeks were already red from the dancing but now it was definitely a darker shade, “Thanks, you’re really good at basketball yourself.”

 

Tzuyu nodded and then sighed, “Why have you been ignoring me?”

 

Momo looked down.

 

“This is why I didn’t tell you who I was,” Tzuyu said sadly, “I knew it would change how you saw me.”

 

“If this is a prank Sana’s making you pull, very funny but please leave.”

 

Tzuyu let out an angry groan and cupped both her hands on Momo’s cheeks, “It’s not a prank, or a joke! How can I make you believe me Momo?”

 

“I just can’t believe someone like you could love someone like me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why what?”

 

“Why can’t I love you? Am I not worthy enough?”

 

Momo’s eyes widened, “No! No, you’re more than worthy.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“Sana likes you,” Momo told her, “I don’t want to give her any more reason to hate me.”

 

Tzuyu smiled at her, “Sana isn’t as scary as you think,” Momo looked up confused, “Look you know Mina right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“She’s my best friend, I know all about Sana and like I told you before I don’t like bullies.”

 

“But Sana’s pretty.”

 

“You’re prettier.”

 

“Sana’s popular!”

 

“Trust me when I say you have more friends than she does.”

 

“Sana’s perfect.”

 

“Sana’s a ,” Tzuyu told her bluntly, “And I wont let her hurt you - I promise. Wo Ai Ni Momo.”

 

Momo groaned, “What does that mean!?”

 

“Aieru.” Tzuyu said with a smile,

 

“Oh!….OOH!”

 

Tzuyu laughed and pulled Momo’s face closer, gently kissing her lips. That was all it took for Momo’s fears to disappear, she grinned at Tzuyu before running round the room happily dancing as she sang the words “Wo Ai Ni” over and over much to Tzuyu’s amusement. Then the doors opened and Mina walked in sending both girls a knowing smile before looking to Tzuyu, “She found out you were here too, she’s on her way.”

 

Tzuyu shrugged, “Let her, I have some words for Sanake.”

 

Jihyo walked in as well greeting Tzuyu, and to the girl’s surprise, Momo fondly. Momo learnt that Jihyo and Mina were Tzuyu’s closest friends and that both girls were only friends with Sana because she was their captain of the cheerleading squad. Suddenly the doors slammed open and Sana stormed in looking at Momo in disgust.

 

“What are you doing here, four-eyes?”

 

Momo looked down but looked up quickly as Tzuyu gripped her hand, “She’s with me, problem?”

 

“Really? Her? Out of everyone you could date, you choose her?”

 

Tzuyu looked at Sana with an expressionless face, “She’s a nice person Sana-unnie, you could learn something from her.”

 

“Pfft whatever,” Sana spat, “C’mon girls let’s leave these losers.”

 

Jihyo and Mina exchanged a look, “No thanks.”

 

“W-What?”

 

“We’re not your followers Sana-unnie,” Jihyo told her seriously, “We don’t want to treat people the way you do.”

 

And that’s how Tzuyu, Mina and Jihyo ended up joining Momo’s group of nerds. It turned out that Mina was a video game fanatic and Jihyo enjoyed the same KDrama’s Nayeon obsessed over - they both fit right in. For Tzuyu and Momo, both would still blush whenever anyone teased them but under the table everyone knew their hands would be tightly pressed together as if scared to let go. Soon their group were no longer known as the “nerds” and Momo found she missed that title. Nerds are just people with passions that differed from mainstream ideas of ‘cool’ - Momo no longer minded being different. In fact, thanks to Tzuyu, she embraced it! One day as Tzuyu walked Momo home the older girl stopped suddenly and pecked her cheek shyly. Tzuyu smiled, dimple showing.

 

“What was that for?”

 

“I just want you to always know how much I love you.”

 

“Aieru.” Tzuyu replied hugging her girlfriend and kissing her forehead,

 

“Wo ai ni!”

 

A/N - PLEASE LEAVE PROMPTS :D