You and Me in the Moonlight (JiTzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

A/N - This is a prompt from Luxzie (finally)!

 

Also people want a sequel to the last chapter which I would do but I want that one to be realistic so getting someone to ‘help Tzuyu’ would be hard to write up. It’s based on how I was feeling when I wrote it so there’s no real ending. Any ideas on how to do that let me know.

 

Fun Fact: I cannot swim, I can doggy paddle if I had to but after thirty seconds I will drown.

 

 

You and Me in the Moonlight (JiTzu)

 

 

Jihyo loved the beach, always had.

 

When she was little her parents used to take her and her sisters there every summer. They’d spend hours playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean, searching for sea life in the rock pools. When Jihyo got older she traded in swim-suits and sunbathing for bikini’s and tanning, she began going with her friends rather than her family. She, Nayeon and Jeongyeon would count the days down until summer began and then the moment the temperature was high enough they’d get into Jeongyeon’s car and ride down to Busan to whichever beach they fancied. They knew which beach had the best ice creams, which beach was emptiest, what beaches cute girls frequented. Sure when Nayeon and Jeongyeon got together it was less of the latter, now if they went to that beach it was 2yeon’s insane plan to get Jihyo a date. It never worked though, Jihyo didn’t like the idea of blindly hitting on women. She wanted what her friends had, a love formed over time - not just someone picking her up because she was pretty.

 

Anyway, with Jihyo’s love for the beach it wasn’t hard to imagine her joy at the fact the end of year trip at school was to Jeju for a week. The idea was whatever class got the highest grades could go on the trip as a reward and with people like Myoui Mina and Bae Irene in her class, Jeju was almost promised to them. Even slackers like Hiari Momo and her girlfriend picked up the pace and got everything at the very least in on time. They had all worked their asses off to get there and the little vacation meant a week in paradise. At that moment their entire class was heading from the hotel to the beach front, annoying other guests with the loud, excited chatter they were emitting.

 

“I’m so excited!” Nayeon babbled as the trio reached sand,

 

“We should go rent a paddle boat later,” Jeongyeon suggested, “I’m sure Jihyo can find someone to paddle with.”

 

Her friends were both sending her pointed looks, rolling her eyes Jihyo just kept her gaze on the sand beneath her feet as she walked. She didn’t answer them, it would do no good. They never listened to her when she complained about them invading her personal life, it only invited more grief and teasing so Jihyo chose to continue walking. Most of their class were out on the beach now, most frolicking in the water and trying to dunk each other. Jeongyeon immediately bolted off to where Chaeyoung and Dahyun were challenging everyone to chicken fights, dragging a very unenthusiastic Nayeon with her. Jihyo just chuckled, she lay her towel over the sand - planning to sunbathe a little before  heading into the cool water.

 

She looked around as she began to remove her clothes, her swimsuit on underneath, the beach was empty in the little area they were in. The only people nearby were quite a way down the beach, leaving the school kids to have pretty much a free range. She observed Jeongyeon with Nayeon on her shoulders trying to know Jimin and Jungkook into the water, everyone was laughing and loud. It was nice, finally being able to relax after the stresses of exams. With a small smile Jihyo put down her sunglasses over her eyes and sat on the towel, magazine in hand.

 

“TZUYU!” A voice from the water hollered,

 

Jihyo looked to the source of the voice, Jackson Wang (the most popular guy in school) was yelling to a figure sat a little way away from Jihyo on on of the picnic tables. The girl in question was Chou Tzuyu, a tall quiet girl from Jihyo’s class. Jihyo liked to think she was a friend to everyone she met, always offering a helpful hand or advice, but she had never been able to get close to Tzuyu. Jackson was the exception, he was her cousin, so she would always be seen quietly sitting with the popular crowd. However, even without her dear cousin’s reputation Tzuyu was very popular amongst boys and girls alike. She was so aloof and carried such a consistent veil of disinterest that many bets had been wagered on who would be the one to break through the façade.

 

Tzuyu seemed nice though, Jihyo had never heard anything negative about the girl besides the fact she was rather cold. Some girls were a little jealous that Tzuyu was the only girl in a group with the most popular boys at school but Chaeyoung told Jihyo that she’d seen Tzuyu make out with Yeri at a party before she started dating Joy so that would explain why the tall girl had never had a boyfriend despite hanging around with the most eligible bachelors in Seoul. Jihyo couldn’t lie and say that she wasn’t intrigued by her, Tzuyu was probably the only girl in her grade that she’d never spoken to. So as she watched Jackson and Mark try and call the girl over from where she sat reading. Never so much as audibly replying, Tzuyu just shook her head at them firmly - ignoring them in favour of her book when they tried to complain.

 

As the rest of their class were in the water leaving only Tzuyu and Jihyo on the beach, if there was ever a moment for Jihyo to get to know the girl it was now. So leaving her stuff where it was she stood and walked over to where Tzuyu was. As Jihyo got closer she began to see why Tzuyu was so sort after, she was very pretty. With every step Jihyo began to get nervous, she hadn’t considered if Tzuyu would want her suddenly interrupting her reading time. Maybe she should have waited until Tzuyu’s friends were back and then approached with the mask of talking to Jackson. By the time this idea came to her, however, Tzuyu had looked up and seen her awkwardly panicking beside her table.

 

“H-Hi.” Jihyo greeted,

 

Tzuyu just raised an eyebrow at her, unsure what was happening.

 

“It’s Tzuyu, right?” Jihyo asked, trying to start a conversation, “I’m Park Jihyo--”

 

“I know.” Was the blunt response,

 

Jihyo froze for a second before awkwardly sitting opposite, “So why aren’t you with your friends.”

 

“Didn’t want to.” Tzuyu was no longer looking up from her book,

 

“It’s really warm out, surely the water would be nice.” Jihyo tried, “Besides we wanna get a whole class photo of everyone in the sea. It’d be a shame if you weren’t there.”

 

It was then Jihyo noticed that Tzuyu’s cold face was cracking a little.

 

“What’s the problem?”

 

“I just don’t fancy going into the ocean that’s all.”

 

Then Jihyo saw it, the little telling glint in the cold girl’s eyes.

 

“A-Are you scared?”

 

Tzuyu looked up and bit her lip, “It’s a scary thing…y’know people could float away or get…eaten by a shark.”

 

“But you can swim away right?” Jihyo said good naturedly, “You’d be safe.”

 

Tzuyu sighed, “I can’t. Never learned.”

 

She was honest, Jihyo could give her that. How could someone not know how to swim? Jihyo’s mother and father had made sure to teach her when she was younger, it was a survival thing. It was sad that Tzuyu couldn’t enjoy the beach simply because she couldn’t swim, Jihyo loved the ocean - it was beautiful and majestic, the muse for so many writers and painters. How could something so breathtaking be a source of fear for someone? Looking at their classmates in the water Jihyo felt so far away from them, it was so isolating watching everyone else enjoying themselves.

 

“I’ll teach you.” Jihyo decided,

 

Tzuyu studied her, “And why would0 you do that?”

 

Jihyo shrugged, “You look lonely…”

 

“Nothing wrong with alone time.”

 

“Too much of it isn’t a good thing.”

 

“Why do you care so much? No offence Jihyo-sunbae but I don’t know you.” Tzuyu was getting defensive, she closed her book and leant her elbow on it,

 

Jihyo paused, why did she care so much?

 

“Well I want to get to know you so please, let me do this.”

 

Tzuyu hesitated, finally a glimmer of uncertainty making itself known. Against better judgement Jihyo reached a hand over and squeezed Tzuyu’s, only for her to pull her hand back.

 

“Look if you don’t want anyone to know that’s fine,” Jihyo told her, “I wont say a word and we can come down after curfew.”

 

Tzuyu sent her a distrustful look but Jihyo only raised her hand, “I make it a point to know everyone, at least if you let me help you I can say I tried and leave you alone.”

 

With an eyeroll it was agreed and that night, once everyone else was tucked up in bed (after the teacher had made a check that everyone was in the correct room) Jihyo tiptoed out into the darkness. It hadn’t occurred to her to find out what room Tzuyu was staying in so that they could walk together, at least that way she wouldn’t be running the risk of the younger girl bailing and leaving her to get murdered alone on the beach. However, hindsight was 20/20 and therefore she was forced to make the journey alone. Once reaching the beach she walked towards the ocean, kicking off her flip flops as she walked through the sand. It was cooler than it had been earlier, by the time they had left the beach that afternoon the sand was scorching hot under the blazing sun and so flip-flops were a necessity. But now Jihyo could stand right in front of the waves and sink her toes into the cool sand beneath her, she took a deep breath and let the sea air fill her lungs.

 

The moon was reflected on the gentle waves, shimmering as each movement pushed and pulled. Jihyo watched each one go in and out, pondering whether the water would be too cold for them to swim this late. While the air was still warm, the gentle breeze that brushed her shoulders every few minutes had a bitterness to it that made her shiver a little. After about ten minutes of watching the natural beauty that was Jeju at midnight, Jihyo looked around the beach to find that nobody was around. By this point Jihyo’s legs had began to ache slightly and so she had sat down, knees up to her face with her arms resting on them - the left side of her head placed lazily on her bicep Was Tzuyu not coming? With a silent curse Jihyo began to wonder whether she should head back to the hotel or not.

 

“The moon’s pretty.”

 

Jihyo screamed, effectively ting herself.

 

A cold hand clamped over , “Shh!”

 

Once Jihyo had recovered she felt Tzuyu’s hand pull back, “S-Sorry…I didn’t know you were there.”

 

“I guessed as much.”

 

Jihyo noted that while her words were cold, her eyes were bright and a small smirk played on her lips - nearly unnoticeable but it made Jihyo feel better. It was meant as a joke.

 

“So, are you ready?” Jihyo smiled trying to swallow the butterflies that attempted to fly up from her stomach and out ,

 

Tzuyu looked at the sea, nerves clear in her face, “I uh…didn’t think to pack a swimsuit.”

 

“Oh…” Jihyo felt the blood rush to her cheeks, “Well we’re both girls! I-If you need to where your…um…undergarments that’s fine.”

Undergarments?! Who says that!?

 

Tzuyu nodded and sighed, though to Jihyo (who found herself studying the girls like a science textbook - not a hundred percent sure what it means but understood the jist) it was recognised that it was actually a shaky breath. Without warning Tzuyu began taking off her clothes, Jihyo spinning round in gay panic to look back at the ocean. The second she regained her senses she began to take off her own clothes, wearing her one-piece underneath her clothes. For some reason Jihyo felt nervous, usually she could talk to anybody and always maintained that she could talk to even the shyest of people. She got Myoui Mina, the SHYEST girl in class, to come to her birthday party - she was God Jihyo she could do anything. But right now, being with a half ice queen, was making her more nervous than she’d ever been.

 

“Okay….now what?”

 

Jihyo turned, the younger girl making her jump again, if her heart wasn’t already thundering out of her chest the sight of the model-esque girl in only her bra and underwear nearly made her gay little heart burst out of her chest.

 

“Now we go in!”

 

Tzuyu hesitated.

 

“C’mon.” Jihyo sent the scared girl a smile and extended her hand,

 

When she took it Jihyo’s legs went jelly and she nearly face planted but she saved face and managed to lead her to the water. The lesson was awkward, they had to walk out to where Tzuyu would be standing on her tiptoes…only Jihyo was a lot shorter than her and so for a while it was a struggle to work out how to do this. The water was pretty cold and Tzuyu gave a little squeal at how cold it was, though she looked embarrassed afterwards. If it hadn’t been so dark Jihyo was sure she would see red painting the tan cheeks. Things began as awkwardly as you could imagine, every time Jihyo had to position Tzuyu the correct way so that she wouldn’t drown she would feel fluttering in her chest that made it. The worst part was when Jihyo had placed her hand on the toned stomach to help Tzuyu float in the water and her legs nearly gave out.

 

They weren’t out there for very long, it was late and they didn’t want someone to catch them out there. But after an hour of Jihyo teaching her basics they ended up sat on the beach staring at the moon, both dressed again much to the elders relief and disappointment. They were watching the stars from their small spot on the beach, neither saying a word- instead choosing to listen to the gentle rush of the waves. Tzuyu had said nothing most of the night, letting Jihyo do the talking and following her instructions accordingly. She was a fast learner, once the fear had lessened Tzuyu had been able to perform quite well. It was surprising how proud Jihyo was of a girl she didn’t know very well, in fact as Tzuyu stared at the stars above them Jihyo studied her carefully. Naturally Tzuyu was beautiful but something about her being lit by only moonlight made her appear nearly ethereal.

 

“So are we going to meet again tomorrow night?”

 

Jihyo blinked and realised Tzuyu had caught her staring, “I-If you want to.”

 

“I would like to.”

 

Those four words had Jihyo grinning the whole silent walk back.

 

The following few day Nayeon and Jeongyeon had noticed Jihyo was lost in thought most of the time, her gaze drifting over to Jackson’s group. She’d been sneaking out every night too, she didn’t think they’d noticed but they had seen her creep away after room checks.Nayeon would have been worried but it was so rare to see Jihyo so…relaxed and happy that she was just glad that her friend was enjoying their vacation. And she really was! Ever since that first awkward night Jihyo and Tzuyu had met up every evening and over time they had become completely at ease with each other. Jihyo had found that Tzuyu, underneath her shy exterior, was quite playful and had taken to splashing Jihyo whenever her back was turned. Tzuyu had learned how truly kind Jihyo was, the girl had even used her own vacation money to buy Tzuyu a swimsuit.

 

Everyone was surprised when Tzuyu and Jihyo began sitting together at breakfast, even more so when the duo began visiting the town together during the day. They were spending more and more time together and seemed happy in one another’s company. It was their last night in Jeju when it finally happened. The night was the same as all the other nights, quiet with just the two of them on the beach. Jihyo was treading water a little way away as a nervous Tzuyu stared at her across the water. No words, just an encouraging smile was enough to reassure the younger that she was safe with Jihyo. Slowly she began to repeat the movements she’d learned over the last few days, carefully making her way to where Jihyo was.

 

The moment she was close enough Jihyo gave a cheer and pulled her into her arms, keeping them both afloat.

 

“You did it!”

 

“I did it!” Tzuyu cheered back, genuinely excited,

 

Jihyo smiled at her, loving the excited gleam in her eyes. Eventually they both calmed and noticed how close they were, arms wrapped round each other gently treading water. The cool waves around them began to feel warmer, so much so that Jihyo was worried for a moment that she had wet herself. Tzuyu smiled down at her, “You look pretty.”

 

There goes Jihyo’s fourth gay heart attack of the trip.

 

“Th-Thanks.”

 

Tzuyu’s eyes took on a teasing spark, “You’re stuttering again, do I make you nervous?”

 

“Pfft no!” Jihyo lied,

 

Tzuyu giggled at her before letting her go and swimming back to shore, the shorter girl not too far behind. Like all their previous excursions they dried off, got dressed and sat on the shore. Jihyo shivered a little, the wind had picked up a little that night, prompting Tzuyu to take off her coat and wrap it over them both. With a content sigh Jihyo rested her head on Tzuyu’s shoulder and watched the waves lap the shore for the last time. Tomorrow they’d be back to the real world, no longer able to stay in their private bubble on the beach at twilight. It was a bitter-sweet feeling, while Jihyo was happy to have gotten closer to Tzuyu over the last few days she was sad that once they got home they’d probably drift apart.

 

Jihyo had long since realised she liked Tzuyu and from the looks she occasionally got from the shy girl she felt safe to say Tzuyu liked her back. Maybe if they had more time one of them would have made a move? She wasn’t the only one wondering….

 

“Are things going to change when we get home?” Tzuyu broke the silence,

 

“Probably…do you want things to change?”

 

Jihyo had learned that Tzuyu often struggled to explain what she meant so follow up questions were important.

 

“I want to stay like this,” Tzuyu expanded, resting her head on top of Jihyo’s, “I like this, being here with you…without all the other people like Jackson or your loud friend.”

 

Jihyo chuckled at the mention of Nayeon, “I wish we could stay like this too but we have to home. It’s up to you if you wanna still…see each other…and stuff.”

 

“I’d really like that.”

 

Jihyo lifted her head to make eye contact, “You would?”

 

“I really like you Jihyo,” Tzuyu looked at her hands embarrassed, “I want to keep seeing you, plus I still owe you for the swimming lessons.”

 

Jihyo smiled and reached out to hold her hands, “You don’t owe me anything, I wanted to.”

 

Tzuyu met her eyes and Jihyo saw the little sparkles dancing in her eyes from the moon above them, “You deserve something?”

 

Jihyo thought for a moment, deciding to be bold, “I’d settle for a kiss?”

 

She was expecting Tzuyu to blush and decline, but to her surprise the girl just tilted her head and closed the gap. A cold hand rested on Jihyo’s cheek as their lips met…

 

Five.

 

Five gay heart attacks.

 

Meanwhile…..

 

“OH MY GIRL! JEONG THEY’RE KISSING! LIPS ARE TOUCHING LIPS THIS IN NOT DRILL!”

 

“Nayeon shh!”

 

“Miss Yoo….Miss Im, why are you out after curfew?”

 

“Jihyo finally got some!”

 

The teacher studied them, then shrugged, “Carry on.”

 

About damn time Jihyo….

 

A/N - So the next oneshot will be a story I wanted to write once upon a time but I couldn’t decide on one of the plots to use so the poll this week will dictate which one I go for I use next chapter and possibly the main story. It is an OT9 fic. After that it will be NaTzu and a sequel to ‘Party Girls Don’t Get Hurt’.

 

Plot A: Person A is the defender of their village, they hate every dark creature and actively hunts to kill. When they are forced to work with Person B (Vampire) they must let go of their prejudices in order to stop a greater evil destroying both their worlds.

 

Plot B: Person C is a creature of good magic, Person B is of dark magic. Creatures of darkness die if they are touched by a creature of light. As they work together against the greater evil they catch the feels only they are never able to touch one another.