Shadows of the Night (Satzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

A/N - You all voted for Plot A which was the Satzu plot as opposed to the Motzu plot. It surprised me as I thought the second one was more interesting, but you guys know best!

 

So this is a chapter from the story but rather than focus on the OT9 as the chapter will be, it will be in Tzuyu’s pov.

 

To not steal from the main story some things are intentionally vague.

 

Shadows of the Night (Satzu)

 

Well…wasn’t this a turn out?

 

It wasn’t often Tzuyu was summoned home, to Father she was just deemed a tear away and therefore things were better when she wasn’t around. Had she been mortal, it would probably be called her rebellious period but Tzuyu had never gotten to that stage in life. Shortly after her sixteenth birthday she was turned into marble, un-ageing and unfeeling. The past hundred years she had continually tested Father, she was his youngest - his favourite girl so he didn’t just get rid of her. Her brothers and sisters thought very little of her, effectively making her the black sheep. Not that she cared particularly much, she was immortal there would be plenty of time to make her family proud of her in the next century or so. She had been in the mountains when the messenger arrived, her sister had been sent to retrieve her. How she had found her, Tzuyu wasn’t entirely sure - but she would not be surprised if Father had been keeping an eye on her since she began travelling.

 

A nomad, she liked the word. Tzuyu wanted to explore the world, see everything she could before she would finally have to settle down. Their realm, known to all outside of it as ‘The Other’, was full of secrets. It was filled with terrors and dangers too, guarding the great treasures placed within. Story was once upon a time the Gods created only one world, the good and the evil living among one another to balance each other out. It worked for the first few centuries, there was always some good to counter the evil done by another and an evil deed to cancel out the good. Neither was one way or the other, all life located in the grey between black and white.

 

But then the cohesiveness fell apart as strong figures of power began to rise.

 

It started with the rise of a man known only as Diabolus, the story was that he had once been the God of Death but when he began taking too many he had been replaced by Mortem. When he began to get more an more powerful, good created its own counterbalance. Her name was Vita and once upon a time she had been a slave of Diabolus, having bared one of his children. Once the Gods came to her and told her who she was Vita stole her child away and began to recruit her own army. The war was long and bloody, with too much evil to counteract the Gods needed to involve themselves and recreate social order. It took their combined efforts to imprison Diabolus, he was so strong by this point it took all of there combined power to expel him from the world. They then had to split their utopia into two realms, one being the world of light magic and The Other. Since then light magic and dark magic were split, with only three small points which were weak enough to pass through. The Gods created protectors for when children of dark magic broke through, if good magic touched dark magic the dark magic would die.

 

There was only one person that could go between these worlds at will, the child born at the crossroads of good and evil. Her name was Nayeon and she had been the one to request Tzuyu came home. She was waiting for her at Father’s castle, Domus Defunctorum, and when Nayeon wanted to meet with someone she would meet with them. So that’s how Tzuyu found herself walking through the aged halls of Domus Defuntorum, making her way to the great hall for the meeting. It had been a long time since she had been home, their servants running away at the sight of her. Tzuyu just watched them go, bored, it was amazing how dull life became when you never had a fear to dying. Why seize the day when you can seize all of them?

 

Sure, Tzuyu could be killed but she was content staying in the Other and so nobody was high enough in the pecking order to kill her for fear of Father’s wrath. Tzuyu was royalty, therefore untouchable and she knew it.

 

“GET OFF ME!”

 

Tzuyu had just rounded a corner when she heard the shout, deciding that the meeting could wait a moment she began walking to its source. To her surprise there was a human girl in their castle, she raised an eyebrow at her appearance - this was new. The girl was shorter than Tzuyu, with a black bob and various weapons clinging to her belt. At that moment she was wielding a katana and fighting off some of the underling vampires that worked in the castle. Tzuyu could have gone in to help….or to eat her but she was intrigued. Usually humans were terrified little things, they lived their lives in fear and hid behind their toothpick weapons. This girl was different, she let out a war cry and swung her sword with such accuracy that Tzuyu was vaguely impressed.

 

She leant against the wall watching the swordplay, chuckling at how the lower tier vampires were easily beaten by a pint sized mortal. Suddenly, the girl was punched straight in the face and when her head flew back….so did her hair? The black bob landed on the floor a step away from Tzuyu revealing the long blonde locks the girl had been hiding. The woman was beautiful, Tzuyu could say that for sure - she was athletic and had a cute face even if it was scrunched in pain as she fought for her life. When the woman began to get overrun Tzuyu decided the show was over and cleared , at the sight of her the three underlings froze. The gave terrified bows and scattered, if she was Tzuyu’s meal they could eat elsewhere.

 

The woman closed her eyes and panted for a moment before resheathing her blade behind her back. Tzuyu only watched her, when she was composed the vampire lifted the wig off the floor and twirled it around her finger.

 

“Missing something?”

 

The woman glared daggers at her as she walked over and snatched the wig away.

 

“You’re welcome.” Tzuyu shrugged,

 

“I didn’t need help.” The woman growled,

 

“Of course you didn’t.” Tzuyu didn’t believe her but that would get them nowhere, “Are you here for the meeting?”

 

The woman eyed her up and down as she fixed her wig, “Yes.”

 

“I though so,” Tzuyu nodded, “This way.”

 

She walked past the woman, not sparing her a glance. Tzuyu smirked to herself when the woman ran to catch up, as a member of the undead Tzuyu could move fasted than most mortals. Once the woman was close enough Tzuyu could smell her, she smelt delicious it was obvious why those underlings wanted to rip her apart. Even Tzuyu herself struggled to control her instincts to rip the woman’s neck out. Vampires drank blood, everyone knew that, but Tzuyu had always preferred animal blood. It wasn’t as filling as human blood but it sufficed, this woman was the first human Tzuyu had seen in a long time so there was no wonder why her control was wavering as they manoeuvred narrow hallways.

 

Tzuyu was grateful when they reached the great hall, she smiled a little when the small woman just burst through the doors without stopping. She was confident, that’s for sure. The vampire followed her at a more relaxed pace, immediately overwhelmed by all the scents in one room. She had always love the great hall, she remembered coming here for the first time years ago. Father had introduced her to his court and she had attended a dance there. Beautiful gowns and impeccable suits, a life Tzuyu no longer cared for but remembered fondly from time to time. She had been here for a long time, she had seen everything and been everywhere. She remembered the time the Gods split the world and the fear surrounding that time. But this hall was where things got better, where she was reborn, where she had a family.

 

“Sana!” A voice called out,

 

Tzuyu’s eyes observed the woman, Sana as she was now aware, approach another woman Tzuyu didn’t recognise. This woman was dressed differently, her scent was salty it made Tzuyu’s nose wrinkle when she focused on it. The hat on her head told all around that she was some form of pirate. She looked over Sana briefly, making sure her friend was not hurt. Next to them was another girl, a shorter girl, who seemed far too interested in her own legs - moving them back and forth in a strange manner. A fourth girl was trying to keep her still, the duo reeking of magic. It wasn’t light magic but there was something there, it was muddier…probably earth magic. It was rare but there had to be a reason the pair were invited.

 

Suddenly, there was a shock wave that ran through Tzuyu’s body and before she could turn she was pulled forward into her sisters arms.

 

“Watch it!” Elkie snapped to whoever was behind Tzuyu,

 

“Sorry! I forgot…” A shy voice replied,

 

When Tzuyu turned she saw another woman, she looked bright and pure. There were a large pair on wings protruding from her back as she looked at Tzuyu embarrassed. A fairy. Tzuyu immediately stepped away, shocked at how close she’d come to being snuffed out. So this how mortals felt? Interesting. The fair was ushered away by a woman who was closer to Tzuyu’s height and Elkie sent a strong punch into her shoulder.

 

“You should be more observant!”

 

Tzuyu rubbed her shoulder, “Ouch, missed you too.”

 

“You’re late.” Was Elkie’s monotone response,

 

“Not my fau---”

 

Two strong arms wrapped round her and suddenly Tzuyu was being swung around in a tight grip. She could hear her skin cracking from the force. Jackson laughed as he swung her, ever the teddy bear, he liked the rare times they were all at the castle together.

 

“Put me down you oaf!” Tzuyu shouted with an equally big grin,

 

Jackson dropped her and smiled, “I’ve missed you!”

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, “I missed you too.”

 

Tzuyu had always been close to her adoptive brother, she and Elkie were close in an unmentioned and pretend to hate each other way but Tzuyu and Jackson were always together on the rare occasions she was home. They were family, not by blood but by choice. Her siblings then looked to another figure and stepped away from her, there he was - Father. He smiled the devils smile and opened his arms, not to hug her but to gently pat her cheeks.

 

“There’s my girl,” He said kissing her forehead, “It is good to see you.”

 

“Father.” She greeted once he’d stepped away,

 

“You’re late.” He told her as he turned to walk back to his throne,

“Forgive me,” Tzuyu told him, “Some of our underlings didn’t realise you shouldn’t eat your guests.”

 

Sana was now glaring at her again, “I had it covered.”

 

“Of course you did.” Tzuyu responded with an eyeroll,

 

When Tzuyu looked to Father she noticed two figures standing either side of him, “Tzuyu, this is Queen Jihyo---”

 

“The Ice Queen?” Tzuyu asked before she could stop herself,

 

Queen Jihyo smiled kindly at her, “Nice to meet you.”

 

She held herself in a manner that made her seem both open and inviting as well as commanded and demanded attention. No matter who else was in the room your eyes would always go to Jihyo, she almost ordered it. Tzuyu had heard stories of the Ice Queen, how she was one of the most revered rulers either side of the border. Firm, yet fair and her subjects loved her. For someone like her to travel to the Other there must have been a serious problem. The blinding light that radiated from her was a large contrast to the grey hue that the Other seemed to have. Like a light in the end of a tunnel, glaring and gleaming.

 

“And this is Nayeon.” Father introduced,

 

So that was her, the infamous Nayeon, watching her was cold eyes.

 

Tzuyu smiled at her, “You summoned me?”

 

“Yes, Nayeon.” Jihyo smiled trying to break the tension, “Why are we here?”

 

The child of good and evil watched her for a moment, Tzuyu matching her stare.

 

“Daddy’s back.”

 

A/N - Very short and but it’s kind of a trailer for what will eventually come. Next is Natzu, sequel to ‘Party Girls Don’t Get Hurt’ vote for what comes after!