Baby Girl (Elkie x Tzuyu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

A/N - Thanks to bguimaraes for your help!  

 

SO WHILE TZUYU IS 18 IN THIS THE OTHER GIRLS (INCLUDING SOMI) ARE 3 YEARS OLDER THAN THEIR CURRENT AGES.

 

NOTES - English/Korean   Chinese

 

Baby Girl (Elkie x Tzuyu)

 

Tzuyu was the youngest in her adopted family.

 

Her Dad’s (Heechul and Leeteuk) had adopted Tzuyu from Taiwan when she was ten years old, the last addition to their extremely blended family. It had all started with two sisters Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. After they had been adopted Heechul had learned that they had a dear friend they had left behind, Jihyo. This caused them to return to the orphanage and take her as well. Then the couple took a family holiday to Japan and found Momo, Mina and Sana. The three had refused to be adopted without each other and the two men were happy to give them all a home. Finally once they had decided they wanted an even bigger family they looked in other foreign countries - where Tzuyu was found.

 

Over the years two others had joined the household: Dahyun, Momo’s girlfriend who had been kicked out by her very religious parents, and Nayeon, Jeongyeon’s girlfriend who’s parents were strict and wanted her to pursue a career she didn’t want. This brought the total of girls in the house to nine and they were all one big happy family. Each of the girls were different: Nayeon was loud and clingy, usually the of the joke. However, deep down all the girls respected Nayeon as the oldest despite acting like the youngest. Currently Nayeon was training to be an actress, perfect for a “Drama Queen like Nayeon” as Tzuyu had said.

 

 Jeongyeon and Momo were peas in a pod, both liked practical jokes and loud music. They were the ones that got into fights at school - defending their younger sisters. Jeongyeon now was a chef in Seoul, living with Nayeon and Momo was a professional choreographer in Gangnam-gu.

 

If Nayeon was loud, Jihyo was a bullhorn in the library loud. For as long as Tzuyu could remember she’d wake up every morning to Jihyo’s singing. Out of all her siblings Tzuyu looked up to Jihyo. When she had first arrived Jihyo was the only one that attempted to learn Chinese to help her.

 

Mina had always followed Momo, dancing from a young age. However, in her early teens she rebelled slightly and began to do ballet rather than hip-hop and now she was a ballet teacher, living with her fiancé Kunpimook Bhuwakul or BamBam as he was known more commonly.

 

Sana was the flirt of the family, having had a large number of girlfriends and boyfriends over the years (much to her Appa Heechul’s dismay). As it stood at the moment she was dating a girl named Eunha whom she had been seeing for the last two years. Sana met her at a photoshoot - both girls were models. Sana’s sure she’s the one.

 

Ever since Dahyun had come to stay with them in high school she and Chaeyoung had been best friends. They were thick as thieves! When Tzuyu was a bit younger she had been jealous of their bond - wishing she shared a bond as strong with her closest sibling. Both were in college now (Chaeyoung having graduated a year early). Chaeyoung was at an art college to become an illustrator and Dahyun was, like Nayeon, studying theatre. Dahyun and Momo lived together whilst Chaeyoung was with a girl named Somi.

 

Their Appa Heechul was the fun parent, always playing jokes and teasing his husband. He was also the more protective of them both - no man or woman would ever be good enough for his kids. Appa Leeteuk however was the voice of reason, more of a home maker.

 

Tzuyu was the baby and quite often felt like it. She was too young to do the stuff her older sisters would do and Chaeyoung didn’t really spend much time with her. This year had been her senior year and the only year that Tzuyu had no siblings at all in her high school. They used to spend every break together but now Tzuyu would climb up to the old drama buildings roof - the door to it was broken - wanting to be alone. She would have just stayed in the classroom but her teacher, Tuan-nim, was creepy. He’d drop things for Tzuyu to pick up or turn up the heating to make the girls remove their blazers. The roof was her last choice. However, it was there that she met her first, and only, friend.

 

Elkie Chong.

 

Tzuyu had first heard of Elkie through reputation, she had been warned by Jeongyeon that she was trouble and that she should stay away. When they had first met on the roof Tzuyu had noticed the cigarette between her fingers and deducted that Jeongyeon had been correct, she was trouble. So Tzuyu just went and sat on the abandoned bench to begin her homework. Neither one talked, Tzuyu didn’t even know if the other girl knew she was there. This ended up happening a few times until Elkie finally broke the silence.

 

“Y’know, lunch would be more fun if you actually talked to me.”

 

Tzuyu had blushed and said hello politely which in turn led to a rather pleasant conversation. Soon Tzuyu would begin counting down the minutes until lunch so she could meet Elkie on the roof. The duo, despite being opposites, became very close. Of course, it all stayed with them on the roof. The younger girl opened up about how her fathers had not given her her adoption file when she turned eighteen like they did to the other kids. She wanted to know about where she came from. Sana, Momo and Mina sort of got it but they had each other to talk to in Japanese. Tzuyu had nobody to talk Chinese with.

 

Elkie, who was born and raised in Hong Kong, was more than happy to speak Chinese with her. She also introduced the girl to her friends, who were all Chinese speakers.

 

It had been at their friend Jackson’s house party when Tzuyu and Elkie kissed for the first time.

 

Tzuyu had been buzzing all the way home that night. Well that was until she got home way past curfew and Appa Leeteuk scolded her. When she reached her room and flung herself down on her mattress she head tapping at her window, when she opened it she saw Elkie outside throwing stones. Tzuyu was lucky that none of her sisters lived at home any more or they would have definitely heard the noise. In that moment Elkie asked Tzuyu to be her girlfriend and Tzuyu agreed with a large grin.

 

She didn't tell her sisters a thing. It was a strange concept to Tzuyu, the idea of confiding in her sisters that she was seeing somebody. She never told them - purely because she knew one would let it slip to Appa Heechul who was fiercely protective over all of them, his baby Tzuyu especially. They all had a group chat where most of them would provide updates, usually about their love lives. Tzuyu had it muted most of the time, but occasionally she’ll be tagged and have a look.

 

Don’t get Tzuyu wrong, she loved her sisters! It’s just with their being seven big personalities both Tzuyu and Mina would often be ignored. Mina didn’t mind this, preferring to stay in her room anyway, but it hurt Tzuyu a little when Momo would sneak the others out to a party but tell her she was too young to go. The truth was, Tzuyu was nothing like her siblings. They all had drives and passions but Tzuyu just didn’t. She had nowhere to go in life and the fact Elkie didn’t either made her feel better about not having her life plan sorted.

 

Elkie was different, she was exciting! Plus she loved Tzuyu with all her heart. Both girls found a home in each other and were at peace with keeping things private. Neither were the type to scream their love from the rooftops but they both knew the feelings were always there. Tzuyu’s Appas were beginning to notice too. Elkie began picking her up from school every morning on her motor bike and would drop her home after school. Tzuyu began sneaking out late and not coming back till before their alarm went off - she thought they didn’t know but they were more than aware.

 

They knew their daughter was starting to hang with a messy crowd and it deeply worried them, Tzuyu was very naive and in their minds she could be easily corrupted. Heechul and Leeteuk had tried to find the reason for this change in behaviour but they never did…until the day Elkie came to their house (for the first time as far as Tzuyu’s Dad’s knew) to do homework due their last week of school. Chaeyoung would be graduating from college so, as a ‘our daughters are growing up’ thing all the girls would be back under one roof for a few weeks so they'd see Tzuyu graduate as well. This meant they were too distracted to really worry about their daughter upstairs with a tough looking girl with her door locked. Eventually they came back down to work on the sofa to prevent…distractions and both men became concerned that Tzuyu and Elkie spoke Chinese to each other. But in the end they opted not to worry and went to collect the girls who were helping Chaeyoung move her stuff out of her college room.

 

Once they’d left in the rented mini-van Elkie kissed her girlfriend deeply, pulling away after a few seconds making Tzuyu smile at her, “What was that for?”

 

“With your family around for the next few weeks it’ll be difficult to do that.”

 

“You’ve got a point,” Tzuyu said sadly before grinning, “One more for the road?”

 

Elkie smirked and leaned forward, this time the kiss turned into a make out session with Elkie on top of Tzuyu on the couch - tongue in and hand up her shirt. They never went further than this, Tzuyu was still too scared but she knew it was probably going to be soon. Elkie had been very understanding and patient so far and to be honest Tzuyu was ready. Heck if she hadn’t heard the keys in the door and shoved Elkie away it probably would have happened on the couch. Both girls quickly righted themselves as the group came bustling in. Momo diving on the baby of the family first.

 

“CHEWY!”

 

“Hey Mo,” Tzuyu laughed awkwardly, “How are you?”

 

“Gooood but I missed my little sister!”

 

“Chewy!” Jeongyeon called running in only to stop when she saw Elkie sat next to her innocent little sister, “Elkie.”

 

“Jeongyeon.”

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I invited her,” Tzuyu cocked her head, “I like her.”

 

Obviously the older two could not even entertain the idea of Tzuyu having a crush on anyone so they wrote it off as Tzuyu having a new friend. However, Elkie and Tzuyu both knew the younger girl had worded it deliberately. Still both of Tzuyu’s oldest sisters were glaring at the blonde haired girl, they’d had fights with Elkie before and knew all about her gang and what they were into.

 

“Tzuyu,” Jeongyeon nagged, “I warned you about her.”

 

“You’re too innocent.” Momo added with a pout,

 

“Didn’t seem so innocent with her tongue in my mouth--OW!”

 

Tzuyu stepped on Elkie’s foot and sent a nervous smile to the two confused girls. If Tzuyu wasn’t so focused on not having her girlfriend killed she would have noticed Jihyo had snuck in behind them, smirking slightly at what she’d just translated. Jeongyeon and Momo called her over and they were all talking over one another. Elkie sensed that Tzuyu was beginning to feel overwhelmed and so she subtly placed her hand on the small of her girl’s back.

 

“Oh Elkie-ya!” Leeteuk said as he walked in with fake happiness, “You’re still here?”

 

Elkie smirked, “Yeah Mr. Kim, I should probably go though.”

 

“You don’t have to go.”

 

“I should, before Jeongyeon kills me.”

 

“Hey! I heard my name!”

 

“I’m going to walk Elkie out.” Tzuyu announced preventing an argument,

 

Tzuyu stood and led Elkie past the various siblings who were too distracted unpacking the van, minus Mina who smiled at Tzuyu as she passed her, raising an eyebrow at the girl following her. Leather jacket, piercings, a tattoo just visible on her ankle. How had Appa Leeteuk not had a coronary? The couple walked round the corner to wear Elkie’s motorcycle was parked. Having pre-planned Elkie had parked away from the house so she could kiss Tzuyu goodbye. It was short and sweet, soon Tzuyu was watching her drive away. She always missed her when she left. Slowly she made her way back into the house. There were boxes all over the hall and Tzuyu could hear everyone in the living room. She took a deep breath and walked in. Immediately Nayeon tackled her into a hug.

 

“TZUYU-AH!”

 

“Can’t…..breathe!"

 

“Nayeon-unnie, let her go before her damn head pops.” Chaeyoung laughed, arm slung round a taller girl Tzuyu had yet to meet, Somi she assumed.

 

Nayeon released her with a pout, “But we never see Tzuyu.”

 

“Don’t see me much either.” Chaeyoung laughed,

 

“Yeah but you’re on the group chat every day,” Dahyun said, “Tzuyu ignores us.”

 

“Damn right.” Tzuyu smirked,

 

“Launguage!” Leeteuk scolded from the doorway,

 

“But Chae said it!”

 

“She’s older than you.” Leeteuk replied patting Tzuyu’s head, “Anyway let’s introduce the new faces.”

 

Tzuyu was right the girl next to Chaeyoung was Somi, BamBam stood by Mina and was more social that she was and Eunha was like Sana 2.0. Jihyo’s husband, Chanyeol, wasn’t there - apparently working over seas. As the group began telling their fathers what was new with them Tzuyu was distracted by her phone, Elkie was teasing her via text deliberately. She knew Tzuyu would struggle with keeping a straight face. Tzuyu couldn’t be mad at her either, she was finally the centre of attention to somebody. In a house full of talented girls Tzuyu struggled to stand out, even after they all left her dads compared her to them.

 

From Elkie <3

So my Mom is leaving town with her new bf for a week, do you want to stay over?

 

Tzuyu paused, looking around to make sure nobody was looking over her shoulder. They weren’t focusing on her, so Tzuyu took time to consider what she wanted to do.

 

From Elkie <3

If you’re not ready yet we can just cuddle. I don’t mind xx

 

That allowed Tzuyu to relax a little, knowing Elkie wasn’t expecting anything. Elkie was always patient and kind to her, even though to other people she could be cruel and vicious. It’s one of the reasons Elkie kept their relationship a secret, she could deal with the punches - Tzuyu couldn’t and if she got hurt Elkie didn’t know what she’d do.

 

To Elkie <3

Can I change my mind if I get scared?

 

From Elkie <3

Of course! Your happiness is my main priority. I love you x

 

Tzuyu couldn’t stop the beaming.

 

To Elkie <3

I love you too xx

 

Tzuyu told her parents that she and Elkie still had a project to finish so she was going to stay over there. Jeongyeon glared but said nothing, she didn’t trust Elkie at all but she knew Tzuyu could defend herself if need be. Plus if Elkie laid a finger on her the entire family would attack. They were protective! She didn’t know what her sister had planned to do that night, none of them did. If they had Elkie would have been lynched but instead Tzuyu had a good night.

 

Everything went slow and gentle before becoming a little braver. Elkie made sure Tzuyu was always comfortable and not regretting anything. She had set up a beautiful dinner and had rose petals leading to her bedroom. They spent the night together for the first time and neither girl had any regrets. The next morning though their endeavours left one. Tzuyu returned home with her hair hiding her neck, she needed to get to her make-up without being caught which in this house was difficult - especially when it was full. Somehow she made it to her room and covered her love-bite. Luckily the others were…..able to be covered by her clothes.

 

Nobody noticed a thing, why would they?

 

So Tzuyu ended up going to Elkie’s everyday after school, which in turn deeply concerned Jeongyeon and Momo. They didn’t realise Tzuyu was having a positive effect on the apparent bad girl and that it was not the other way round. Tzuyu kept everything from her family knowing they’d freak out when they found out what was happening. One day nobody was home except Tzuyu and Elkie, the younger girl didn’t know where her sisters and dads were but they weren’t home which was the main thing. Both girls were in Tzuyu’s bed, Tzuyu had her head on Elkie’s chest as they wasted away the afternoon. They were laughing at something Elkie had said when they heard the front door close.

 

.” Tzuyu cursed,

 

Elkie pecked her lips, “Relax, they wont come up here. No one interrupted last time.”

 

Tzuyu still looked worried so Elkie rolled on top of her as a distraction. As she slowly enticed Tzuyu into a make-out session, neither girl heard the footsteps leading to Tzuyu’s door. When it opened the only thing that distracted them was Nayeon’s earth shattering scream. Tzuyu pushed Elkie off and sat up to see Nayeon and Sana staring at the duo. Hearing her fiancée scream Jeongyeon bolted up the stairs and froze in shock at the sight. The glare she sent Elkie was something none of them had seen before and since Nayeon was too horrified to help it was up to Sana.

 

“Guys?” She called softly,

 

“W-What the ?!” Jeongyeon spat,

 

“I can explain,” Elkie tried, recognising the cliché as she said it, “I-I tripped.”

 

“You’re not helping, sweetie.” Tzuyu sighed making sure both girls were sufficiently covered by blanket,

 

“I should kill you Chong!” Jeongyeon was seething, “Get the away from my BABY SISTER!!”

 

That’s when it went from bad to worse, “Girls?” Appa Heechul called up the stairs where the others were setting up lunch, he’d sent Nayeon and Sana to retrieve Tzuyu, “What’s happening up there?”

 

“Jeongyeon, please don’t.” Tzuyu begged,

 

Jeongyeon looked at her harshly before yelling out, “TZUYU’S IN BED WITH SOMEONE!”

 

There was a smash. Heavy footsteps. Then Appa Heechul appeared at the doorway - equally furious. His baby girl, in bed with someone? He couldn’t believe it. But there she was, love-bites on her neck and one just above her…..where the blanket was wrapped round. Both girls had messy hair, hair that Heechul recognised from walking in on their other children over the years. Sure it happened before but this time he was angrier than he had ever been. He barely noticed, his husband placing a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Get dressed,” He said to Elkie in an eerily calm manner, “And get out.”

 

“Heechul, calm yourself.”

 

“No I will not,” Heechul growled, “That’s our baby girl that’s just been desecrated.”

 

Leeteuk sighed and sent Elkie a stern look, “We’ll give you ten minutes to get dressed then it’s best if you leave so we can discuss this with our daughter.”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“I’m not leaving them alone!” Jeongyeon shouted, backed by Appa Heechul,

 

“Downstairs, all of you.” Leeteuk ordered,

 

The three walked downstairs, leaving Sana to close the door. She sent Tzuyu an approving look and a thumbs up before shutting the door. Elkie looked at Tzuyu and chuckled, “Could’ve been worse.”

 

“How exactly?”

 

“I’m still living right?”

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and got up to get dressed, throwing Elkie’s clothes at her. Soon they were both dressed and Tzuyu carefully led the older girl down the stairs. Sana was in the hallway, all the other doors were closed. Out of all her siblings Sana was probably the only one that would be on her side this time. She’d been caught with her pants down more than any of the others. Sana grinned at them, obviously biting back an inappropriate comment. Tzuyu led Elkie to the door and the older girl pecked her cheek.

 

“If your Dad doesn’t murder you call me okay?”

 

“Okay.” Tzuyu said shy that her sister was watching them,

 

Sana squealed, Tzuyu was so cute! After Elkie left Tzuyu looked at Sana with a pleading expression, Sana shrugged in return - she couldn’t help her. Tzuyu sighed and walked into the living room with Sana right behind her for moral support. She walked in to the sight of her siblings all at one side of the room totally not listening at all. Appa Heechul was pacing in front of the couch while Appa Leeteuk sat in one of the chairs dragged over from the dinner table. Both snapped their gaze to their shy looking youngest. Heechul pointed at the couch.

 

“Sit.”

 

Tzuyu did so.

 

“Appa,” Sana sighed, “Be nice, Tzuyu was going to date at some point.”

 

Heechul glared at her, “I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.”

 

“Maybe it’s best that you all go upstairs so we can talk to your sister alone.” Leeteuk suggested,

 

“B-But----”

 

“No buts Jeongyeon, now!”

 

Jeongyeon grumbled and stormed out, followed closely by Nayeon and the others. Soon it was just Tzuyu and her Appas. Out in the hall Momo had her ear up against the door while the others watched, they always eavesdropped when someone was in trouble, mostly Jeongyeon. Usually it was Appa Leeteuk that got angry but this time it was Heechul - a rare occurrence. Jeongyeon was pacing angrily, much like her father had been doing before hand. Jihyo and Mina were exchanging quiet looks, not quite sure how to proceed. They hated the idea of Tzuyu being…..intimate as much as Momo and Jeongyeon did, but they accepted that their sister was no longer a child. Chaeyoung stared at the door upset. Tzuyu used to tell her everything, now she had a girlfriend and hadn’t said a word. Sensing her discomfort Somi placed a hand on her shoulder. Nayeon and Dahyun were discussing what happened - Nayeon having actually seen it. BamBam and Eunha just felt awkward observing everything.

 

“Why are you freaking out?” Sana sighed from her seat on the stairs,

 

Momo looked at her like she was insane, “Tzuyu’s having….!”

 

Sana rolled her eyes, “Yes Tzuyu’s having .”

 

Jihyo winced, “Please don’t say that.”

 

“Oh for God sake!” Sana stood, “, , !”

 

“She’s a child!” Jeongyeon snapped,

 

“She’s an adult. She’s only a few months younger than Chae yet you’ve not all freaked and kicked Somi out.”

 

“That’s different!”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it is.” Jeongyeon told her with finality,

 

Sana huffed and rolled her eyes again, “Look, Tzuyu’s a beautiful girl she was bound to meet someone.”

 

Jeongyeon groaned, “But why Chong?”

 

“Why not her?” Eunha asked confused,

 

“Jeongyeon and Momo used to heads with Elkie a lot.” Nayeon told her,

 

“We told Tzuyu to stay away but apparent----”

 

They were cut off by shouting inside the living room, not Heechul’s or Leeteuk’s but Tzuyu’s. Tzuyu had never raised her voice past playful whining, it shocked all of them and they stopped arguing to listen in. Inside the room Tzuyu had lost her temper, Heechul had been saying she was too young to be involved in such acts as he had witnessed and that Elkie was a bad influence.

 

“I’m not a child any more!” Tzuyu had finally yelled, “Just because I’m the youngest doesn’t mean I haven’t grown up.”

 

“That’s not what I’m saying!” Heechul shouted back,

“Oh really? When Momo lost her ity she was seventeen and you didn’t care. Sana was fifteen! Jeongyeon was sixteen---”

 

“That’s not the poi---”

 

“THEN WHAT IS THE POINT!?” Tzuyu screamed, “I’m fed up of being treated differently.”

 

“Now, now young lady!” Leeteuk intervened, “We treat all our children the same.”

 

Tzuyu lowered her voice and sent them both a heartbreaking look, “No. You don’t.”

 

Neither man could speak. Tzuyu had finally decided to tell them everything.

 

“Growing up I never felt like I belonged here. Sana, Mina and Momo had each other to joke with and learn from, I had no one. The Korean girls were always close and the Japanese girls were close and I was neither. When I was ten years old I moved to a completely different country and was so scared of messing up my words in a new language I refused to speak for the first three weeks.”

 

Her fathers remembered that.

 

“For a while I had Chaeyoung but after Dahyun moved in they left me behind. I was always the baby, whenever you were out of town and Jeongyeon put on a scary movie I was the one forced to go to bed instead of watch it. When Momo would take the others to parties I sat at home by myself. I’m not that much younger than Chae and yet I was never even a thought.”

 

The girls listening in looked down in shame.

 

“After they left it didn’t stop! You always compare me to them, about how Chaeyoung’s a prodigy when I have to draw stuff for my compulsory Art class or how Mina’s ballet school won another award when I got the lead in the school play. A school play you wouldn’t let me be in, in the end because Jihyo 1000th singing competition took priority. Because I’m the youngest right? I can be ignored. I’m graduating in a few weeks and you haven’t even asked me what colleges I got in to.”

 

Leeteuk looked up, “You know?”

 

“I’ve known for weeks. First choice college and I got a full scholarship.” Tzuyu said tears b, “But you just didn’t care enough to ask.”

 

“Tzuyu--”

 

“NO!” Tzuyu yelled, “I’m finally getting everything off my chest. The reason why I stuck with Elkie at first was because she offered me the chance to learn something about where I’m from. Sure, she’s not from Taiwan but she could tell me more about it than I knew. She gave me a chance to speak in Chinese - a language nobody in this family bothered to learn despite you making everyone have Japanese lessons. I love her, we’ve been seeing each other since the start of this year. Which you’d know if you had ever even asked me how school was. But you know what, I could forgive it all. Every last birthday you forgot, every moment I spent waiting outside the school gates because one of you forgot to pick me up. All of it. If you had just done one thing.”

 

“What?”

 

“When the other girls turned eighteen you gave them their adoption files. When I turned eighteen I got a last minute present still in the amazon box. Why?”

 

Both men were flustered. Leeteuk decided to tell her, “We didn’t think you’d want to see it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because,” Heechul sighed, “We don’t know what it says, you were in care for eight years - you don’t remember why either. We were scared you’d….that it would hurt you to know.”

 

Tzuyu was crying now, “But shouldn’t I get the chance to find out for myself?”

 

Heechul and Leeteuk were at a loss of what to say. They had no idea Tzuyu had felt this way and for so long too. Sensing they had no more to say Tzuyu stormed out, she was done. She found her ashamed sisters in the hallway, Jihyo stepped forward to say something but Tzuyu held up her hands.

 

“Don’t.” She said coldly, “If you can’t call me during the week, you’ve no right speaking now.”

 

Tzuyu then left the house. She wound up walking to the Han River, stopping next to it and watching the stray leaves float along. That’s how she felt in this moment also - light. Like a huge boulder was off her chest. She had considered calling Elkie but had left her phone at home so instead she settled for people watching by the river. After a half hour when she was about to head home, she noticed the white hair of her girlfriend on the opposite river bank. She watched as Elkie walked up to a man and gave him a small baggie, he in return gave her money and ran off.

 

Elkie then looked up and spotted Tzuyu - shame clouding her features.

 

This led to their first fight, no shouting since they were in public but it was still a fight - and a bad one at that. Apparently Elkie had some things to wrap up within her private life to ensure Tzuyu’s safety. Tzuyu was mad that Elkie hadn’t told her about any of it - added on the anger from earlier events. When Elkie loudly announced that it was none of Tzuyu’s business anyway things went down hill. The end result being Tzuyu storming away once Elkie told her that she was “already changing [her] life for” Tzuyu and Tzuyu responded saying maybe she should continue to get herself in trouble.

 

Tzuyu took the long route home - allowing herself time to calm down. When she walked in and took her shoes off Tzuyu heard her family talking in the living room and rolled her eyes. She sighed and walked upstairs to her room. No goodnight text from Elkie, no kiss goodnight from her Dads or even the words from her sisters. Tzuyu felt lonelier that night than she ever had before.

 

The following day however was somehow worse.

 

Heechul got a call at work that Tzuyu’s principal needed to talk to both him and his husband. The man cursed Elkie’s name and soon both he and Leeteuk were called into the office. Only rather than find Tzuyu and Elkie looking sheepish, they found their daughter in hysterics while a friend of hers - Lisa - was comforting her.

 

“What happened?” Heechul shouted,

 

At the sound of his voice Tzuyu flew to him and hugged Appa Heechul close. This caused both men’s worry to sky rocket. Tzuyu had never been clingy, ever. To see her like this scared them, something must have happened.

 

“Mr and Mr Kim,” The principal sighed, “I have some horrible news that was brought to my attention today.”

 

“What?” Leeteuk asked as Heechul cuddled their youngest close,

 

“I’m afraid a member of staff had been behaving rather inappropriately towards your daughter.”

 

“Inappropriately how?”

 

“He’d make her pick stuff up or try and make her stay after class. Today he said something to her in Chinese which made her shake. Then after class he waited until everyone had gone before saying that unless she….did stuff he’d fail her for the year.” Lisa spoke up looking sadly at her friend,

 

“Thank you Lisa,” The principal said kindly, “That’ll be all.”

 

Once Lisa had gone Leeteuk was visibly seething, “And you employed this man?”

 

“Mr Kim please, had I known what was going on he would have been fired immediately and I am very sorry to you both and Tzuyu that this happened on my watch.”

 

“Has he been arrested?” Heechul asked,

 

The principal nodded, “Yes, he is with police now.”

 

“Sicko.” Leeteuk breathed out,

 

Meanwhile Chaeyoung stood waiting for her Dads outside the gates, she had been with Appa Leeteuk getting a late lunch when he got the call. She was thinking about what Tzuyu had said the other day, had Chaeyoung really ditched her for Dahyun all those years ago? She had some making up to do, they all did. After half an hour she spotted two people she recognised as Tzuyu’s friends, Lisa and Jennie. Both girls looked shaken.

 

“Lisa!” She called grabbing the girls attention, “What’s happened?”

 

Lisa looked at Jennie and then back to Chaeyoung before walking over, “Tzuyu’s not in trouble.”

 

“Then why---?”

 

“A teacher tried to….do stuff with her.”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s been going on for as long as he was teaching us, we thought he was harmless and just creepy.”

 

“What!?” A new voice shouted,

 

The girls turned and saw Elkie staring at them, face worried. Jennie stepped in, “Tzuyu asked us not to tell you. She didn’t want you to worry.”

 

“Is she okay?” Elkie asked,

 

Lisa considered lying for a second, “She was hysterical, but she’s with her dads now.”

 

Elkie threw all her rage into kicking over the trash can, “Why didn’t she tell me?”

 

“Elkie calm down,” Chaeyoung said trying not to kick something herself, “Come over later and talk to her.”

 

“I can’t,” Elkie sighed, “We had a fight.”

 

“I doubt that matters now.”

 

“Sure, whatever. I’ll see you guys later.”

 

When Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and their fathers returned home Tzuyu didn’t say a word and just walked up to her room. Not in the mood for anything, she’d had a stressful week. She didn’t move but just stared at her ceiling for hours trying to figure out what she wanted to do next. Tzuyu knew the answer - she wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out. After a while there was a tap on the door and Appa Leeteuk came in holding a brown file. He smiled at her sadly.

 

“I think this is overdue.” He handed it to her, “I’m warning you though - we don’t know what it says. But we’re here to support you if it’s bad.”

 

He pecked her forehead, “I’m sorry we dropped the ball over the last few years, but you’re our baby. It’s hard to deal with you being all grown up.”

 

He said goodbye and returned to the family sitting silently in the living room. Most of the girls were staring into space - the significant other excusing themselves for the evening. Sana however was staring at Tzuyu’s bag which she had flung down when she first came home. Chaeyoung had filled them in on what happened and they were all seething. Before the silence could be broken by anything else a phone began ringing.

 

“That yours?” Jihyo asked Sana,

 

Sana shook her head and ped Tzuyu’s bag, “It’s Tzuyu’s I think.”

 

She took the noisy device out and apparently: Elkie <3 is calling. Sana cooed at the contact photo - it was Elkie and Tzuyu on what appears to be the school rooftop. She showed the phone to her fathers and both nodded - Heechul somewhat reluctantly. Sana hit the answer button.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey…err…who’s this?”

 

“I’m Sana, Tzuyu’s sister.”

 

“Which one?”

 

“Hallway.”

 

Ah! Right, is she there? I need to talk to her.”

 

“Just come over Elkie, we wont hurt you.” Sana told her sincerely,

 

“I don’t know if she will want to see me…”

 

“Trust me, I know my sister well enough to know she needs you.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.”

 

True to her word one minute after she had hung up on the phone, Elkie rung the doorbell. Jeongyeon got up to let her in, hesitating slightly before letting the girl up. Once she had made it to Tzuyu’s room she hesitated, the last time she and Tzuyu had spoken she had said some horrible things. But that wasn’t important now - Tzuyu needed her. So she tapped gently on the door.

 

“Yes?” A quiet voice called,

 

Elkie walked in and her heart broke, Tzuyu was sat at the head of her bed holding her knees - staring at the brown envelope at the end of her bed. She looked like she’d been crying, her eyes red and puffy. She never looked up. Elkie walked forward and sat next to her on the bed.

 

“What is it?” She asked,

 

“My file.”

 

“You gonna read it?”

 

Tzuyu shrugged, “I just wanted the choice to.”

 

Elkie sighed, “Why didn’t you tell me about Mr. Tuan?”

 

Tzuyu looked at her, “I didn’t want you to worry.”

 

Tzuyu,” Elkie scolded, wrapping her into a hug, “You’re my girlfriend, it’s my job to worry.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Just tell me when something’s hurting you,” Elkie told her letting Tzuyu’s head rest on her shoulder, “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

“If I’d been there today I would have killed him.”

 

“Don’t kill anyone, just stay here with me and comfort me that’s all I want.”

 

Neither girl knew that Tzuyu’s sisters were listening at the door. They smiled - glad to know that their baby Tzuyu might have grown up, but she was still Tzuyu. Plus she’d found someone who’d look after her and make her happy.

 

And in the end that’s all your family really want.

 

 

A/N - I’ve wanted to write a story like this for a while haha Anyway I’m calling out for any JiTzu, NaTzu or JeongTzu prompts or any three person ships I could try.