Fairytale of Seoul (NaMiTzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

A/N - Christmas present for Lifewithoutmichaeng and Day 4 of 12 Days of Ficmas!

 

To find the other updates check Twitter: @Elcten

 

Fairytale of Seoul

 

It was the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a--

 

“WAHHHH!”

 

Tzuyu was up like a shot, groggily rubbing sleep from her eyes as she got up off the sofa. While her left hand wiped the sleep gunk from her eye, her right clutched on to the currently wailing baby monitor. The alpha sighed and walked upstairs to where her study once was (it had since been moved to the basement to make room for the newborns), inside the room were two cribs at opposite sides of the rooms. Both cribs held crying pups, sobbing. The cries lessened slightly when they smelt their sire close to them but they were still awake and wailing. Rather than turn on the main lights and risk making things worse Tzuyu the little Christmas tree that stood in the corner. It would be the girls’ first Christmas and she was so excited to show them the world. Finally Tzuyu was excited to be celebrating the holiday.

 

The alpha sighed and walked over to the crib on the left, reaching in to lift Nako out and took her to where her sister lay. Placing her down next to Yena, Tzuyu began rocking the crib gently trying to soothe them. It was late and Tzuyu had work early in a few hours, two screaming children would mean she definitely wouldn’t get any rest before her shift. The girls had been fed and changed earlier, they shouldn’t need either again so that meant the source of their tears must have been something else.

 

Tzuyu realised it was probably because their other mothers were out that evening. Mina had gone to attend a ballet showcase her school was putting on and probably going for drinks after and Nayeon was caring for her grandmother who had become ill. This was the first night Tzuyu had been left with her pups, usually she had someone to help her but tonight she had been thrown in the deep end and they wouldn’t stop crying.

 

“Shh,” Tzuyu hushed, “Come on girls, it’s late…”

 

They did not stop though, giving Tzuyu a headache as she released more of her scent in an attempt to comfort them. It seemed to work on Nako who had always been a Mama’s girl, stopped crying and instead stared tearfully up at her sire. Tzuyu could laugh, it was bad enough when Nayeon and Mina announced their simultaneous pregnancies. Imagine Tzuyu, poor alpha Tzuyu, having to run to various stores at odd times of night not to just feed the weird cravings of one mate but two. The guys at the corner store would think it was hilarious when they’d see Tzuyu three or four times a night for different things.

 

Still, Tzuyu loved her pups more than she thought she could love anything. She had said before that she would fight for Nayeon and Mina but she’d die for her pups. It was instinct, her pups were the most vulnerable thing in her life and so she, as the alpha, was extremely protective. It would lessen some as they aged, but for now they were Tzuyu’s main focus.

 

“Good girl, Nako.” Tzuyu smiled down at the younger pup,

 

Nako was the pup Mina gave birth to and like her mother she was relatively quite a quiet and passive child. She had been born premature and so was somewhat smaller than her sister but after the scare Tzuyu had over seeing her youngest in an incubator shortly after birth she would take a small child over none at all. Mina’s pregnancy had been easy up until that point so the premature delivery threw them a bit. They hadn’t realised how different omega and beta pregnancies were, especially where Tzuyu was concerned.

 

For example, with Mina, Tzuyu became extra protective. She was naturally, but when her pup was in Mina’s stomach even Nayeon could spark little bouts of jealousy which had never happened before. Because Mina was an omega, Tzuyu wouldn’t let any other alpha or beta close to her apart from Nayeon and even then it still made her uncomfortable at times. At one point Tzuyu had attacked Momo, her closest friend, over it.

 

The company were having an event down town and Tzuyu was doing security.

 

She had one eye on the party, not wanting to get too distracted, but the other eye was stuck to her two pregnant girlfriends. Tzuyu knew that Nayeon wouldn’t let anything happen to Mina and vice versa but she still found herself worrying. There were a lot of people here that she didn’t know and she definitely didn’t trust them around her mates. Sana would be attending the event as well and hopefully once the duo weren’t alone Tzuyu would feel a bit more comfortable about leaving them by themselves. Until then she kept a constant eye on Mina. Nayeon would be able to handle herself, but as Mina was omega and pregnant she was extra vulnerable.

 

There were a lot of female omegas hanging round Tzuyu too which meant Nayeon and Mina were also watching their alpha like a hawk. Whenever a new omega got too close, they would fight the urge to run over and keep the away. Due to the pregnancy they were extra sensitive at the thought of the sire of their pups being too close to un-mated omegas. Tzuyu was loyal but sense wasn’t much use when you’re pregnant. One omega in particular kept hanging round but Tzuyu was too oblivious to notice, Mina did though.

 

“Tzuyu-ssi,” The omega grinned, “You look nice.”

 

“Thanks.” Was the short reply,

 

“You been working out?”

 

“No.”

 

Despite Tzuyu not contributing to the conversation, from across the room all Mina could see was an un-mated omega touching her alpha. She let out a growl, prompting Nayeon to grab her hand. Last time this happened Mina’s heat had been prematurely brought on, with her carrying a pup she couldn’t go into heat but the memory was enough to concern the beta. Suddenly, a new omega popped into vision. Sana smiled and ran over to hug them both.

 

“You’re both glowing!” Sana told them,

 

Momo trotted up behind her mate with a friendly smile, “How are you both?”

 

“Fine overall, the pups are healthy thank god but Mina’s unhappy with that omega crowding Tzuyu.” Nayeon said with a sigh, “I don’t like it either.”

 

Momo turned to look at where Tzuyu was ignoring said omega and chuckled, “Tzuyu’ll find an excuse to make her leave eventually.”

 

“I’m just annoyed she doesn’t tell this girl--oh!” Mina’s hand flew to her stomach,

 

“Oh?” Nayeon held her arm worried, “You alright?”

 

“Y-Yeah, sorry, the pup’s kicking.” Mina chuckled,

 

Nayeon placed her hand to the omega’s stomach, “They’re beating you up in there!”

 

Mina grinned and Nayeon pecked her softly.

 

“Can I feel?” Sana asked, bouncing on her heel,

 

Mina nodded and the other omega placed her hands on her stomach, “Aww..Momoring I want one!”

 

“Thanks for that guys.” Momo joked,

 

“Feel her tummy, the little baby kicks! Then say you don’t want one!” Sana whined,

 

“May I?”

 

“Of course!”

 

Momo took her mates place and placed a hand on the spot Sana’s had previously occupied, she smiled as she felt the little thumps from inside, “That is really cute….”

 

There was suddenly a growl and Momo’s hand was yanked away. Tzuyu shoved her back, not enough to send her flying but enough to jostle her a little.

 

“Woah!” Momo steadied herself, “Tzuyu relax, your pup was kicking and Mina let me feel--”

 

Tzuyu shoved her again when Momo stepped forward.

 

“Tzuyu!” Nayeon scolded, “Stop it!”

 

“That’s right. MY pup. MY mate. Don’t touch her.” Tzuyu growled,

 

Two hands went up to make peace, “Okay, okay she’s yours Tzu. It’s okay.”

 

Tzuyu had never gone for Momo like this but the latter knew not to take it personally, she’d never had a pup and she didn’t like other alphas around Sana at the best of times. The elder alpha backed off a little, putting space between herself and Mina. Nayeon pulled Tzuyu to her, trying to get her to stop acting the way she was. Instead Tzuyu wrapped Mina in a hug, she began to relax when she knew her pup was safe. After a moment her hands went to Mina’s belly, feeling the last few kicks of her pup before it settled again. She looked to Nayeon and moved her hands over her beta mates stomach, checking she too was okay. Only when she knew both girls were okay did she fully relax and turn sheepishly to Momo.

 

“Sorry,” She sighed, “I just saw an alpha touching my mate and I--”

 

“Got protective,” Momo shrugged, she got it, “It’s fine. I should’ve realised it wasn’t the best idea to do it without your okay.”

 

Mina was quiet as much as she wanted to chastise the alpha, she knew that omega was watching and so deliberately cuddled into Tzuyu’s side. Eyes not leaving her rivals, Tzuyu was hers and Nayeon’s. Nobody else’s…..okay maybe still somewhat Elkie’s but besides the three of them Tzuyu was no to be shared. This would continue throughout Mina’s pregnancy, to the point where even Nayeon found herself unable to leave Mina for too long without the girl getting jealous of whoever she was out with.

 

It was kind of funny, Mina never was the jealous type until she was carrying their pup and then all of a sudden she began getting very possessive - especially of Tzuyu. They joked that this was why Nako was so attached to her sire, Mina’s extra jealousy was just Nako wanting her Mama all to herself. Tzuyu chuckled at the memory, she loved both her girls…maybe the one that was crying may not have been her favourite at that moment though. Baby Yena was still screaming and Tzuyu didn’t know what to do. She decided to try holding the upset pup, picking her up gently to rock her back and fourth. Hushing her as she did so, only for Nako to start wailing again because she felt ignored. Moving Yena into one arm she picked up Nako as well and decided to go down to where her study now was.

 

It was the only room in the house that was warm and had all three scents in, the living room would have also been a good choice only Tzuyu knew she’d fall asleep on the sofa. Sitting at her desk would keep her awake, hopefully. She sat on her office chair, gently humming to the crying girls. They weren’t exactly screaming any more but they were still crying and that was enough to hurt Tzuyu’s heart. Tzuyu looked at the photo on her desk, to the other person that hurt her heart. The photo of Elkie on her office desk sat next to one of Mina and Nayeon. She liked having all her girls in one place.

 

“You’d know what to do,” Tzuyu said, “I feel completely useless. I’m out of my depth, El.”

 

The picture didn’t answer back but Tzuyu still smiled.

 

“Part of me wishes we could have had this,” Tzuyu admitted, “A bigger part though wouldn’t want to give up this reality. Is that a bad thing?”

 

No reply.

 

“I wouldn’t give any of my girls up for anything. I love all of you too much.”

 

Two chubby hands grabbed her face as Yena pulled Tzuyu to look at her. Tzuyu stared at her crying baby. Yena had already shown herself to be the troublemaker, constant crying and pulling on things she shouldn’t be pulling on meant she needed constant supervision. Boy was she funny though, she would react to things so dramatically that Tzuyu would giggle just remembering it. She had a beautiful smile too, when she wasn’t crying for attention she’d be giggling away at anything and everything. Tzuyu hoped she stayed that happy, she hoped they both did. Even now as they cried over being too far from their other mothers Tzuyu knew they were still happy children overall.

 

However, Tzuyu was also exhausted. It was late and she had only managed to get an hour on the couch to rest which hadn’t been a deep sleep. Her body was succumbing to fatigue and all she wanted was to go to bed. Only nothing she tried seemed to work to stop the tears. Tzuyu never did well when people cried, it had made the last few months of Nayeon’s pregnancy really hard. The eldest of the trio had always made it known that she wanted affection often. Out of the three of them she was the most likely to request kisses and cuddles. When she was coming to the end of her pregnancy her neediness was at an all time high and whenever she got frustrated she would cry until Tzuyu or Mina noticed her.

 

Tzuyu burst through the front door with a look of sheer panic on her face. She had been at work when Jihyo had called her into her office and played a voicemail she’d received from Nayeon. The beta was in hysterics down the phone and when Tzuyu checked her mobile she saw a load of texts from Nayeon begging her to come home. Jihyo told her to go and Tzuyu sprinted out to her car. She was terrified something had happened to the pup and nearly ran every red light to get home.

 

When she burst through the door she heard sobs coming from the living room. Tzuyu practically skidded into the room and immediately went to where Nayeon was crying on the couch. Her scent hadn’t changed and she seemed physically fine which prompted Tzuyu to relax a little. She knelt in front and rubbed the tops of her legs softly. Tzuyu released her scent to try and relax Nayeon a little.

 

“Tzuyu-ah!” She cried out launching herself into Tzuyu’s arms,

 

The poor woman had to gently push her back on to the couch and sit next to her, allowing Nayeon to get on her lap as close as possible.

 

“Nayeon? What’s wrong?” Tzuyu asked worried,

 

“I-I-I…”

 

“Calm down, baby. Is it the pup? Do we need to go to the hospital?”

 

Nayeon shook her head before burying it into Tzuyu’s neck and inhaling her scent, “Th-The pup’s f-fine.”

 

“Then what’s wrong?” Tzuyu asked, rubbing her back gently,

 

“I-I-I…” Nayeon sobbed, “I just missed y-you so much.”

 

Tzuyu felt irritation fill her, it replaced her initial panic but it didn’t mean Tzuyu was any less annoyed at being called away from work for this.

 

“Nayeon,” Tzuyu sighed, “You made me think something had happened to the baby.”

 

“S-Sorry I just-I just needed you!” Nayeon cried,

 

“It’s alright,” Tzuyu told her, pecking the top of her head, “Just please don’t freak me out like that again.”

 

Tzuyu would later find this story hilarious to tell at parties to embarrass the eldest.

 

“I wont,” Nayeon sighed, beginning to calm now that Tzuyu was close to her, “I promise.”

 

“And you really can’t call me home from work like that, you scared Jihyo too.”

 

“But what if I need my Tzu!?” Nayeon asked sitting up to look at her,

 

Tzuyu chuckled, “I can’t just leave work.”

 

“Can you just come home during your lunch break?” Nayeon posed with a pout,

 

Tzuyu sighed, she only got an hour for lunch which was good but if she had to spend forty minutes driving home and back it meant she wouldn’t have long to eat. However, she was not the one pregnant and she definitely did not want to get into the argument of “YOU DID THIS TO ME!” again. So she agreed and every lunch time from that day on she sacrificed getting lunch in order to spend time with Nayeon.

 

Yena had a habit of being that level of needy.

 

“Please go to sleep…” Tzuyu sighed rocking her girls back and fourth, “Please.”

 

She was so tired.

 

So very tired.

 

But for the next ten minutes the crying continued, Tzuyu tearing up after a while because she worried that she had done something wrong. That she wasn’t ready to be a mother. Mina and Nayeon could get the girls to settle like it was nothing, Tzuyu didn’t have that same knack. She didn’t know what to do but gently rock the girls back and fourth, releasing her scent to try and calm them. It was breaking her heart just listening to their unhappiness. It took ten minutes before Tzuyu finally began to cry with them, begging them to go to sleep. It was fatigue and tiredness and stress all hitting her full force.

 

The second she began crying quietly both girls in her arms stopped, looking up at their sire with teary eyes. They were too young to really know it was them who caused this reaction, not directly but at least as a contributing factor, but they did know they didn’t want their Mama to cry. So they stopped sobbing and chubby hands reached up to touch their sire’s face. Nako wiped away the rolling bit of water as Yena babbled quietly.

 

Tzuyu laughed a little, “Aw, my girls worried about me?”

 

Yena giggled back and Nako put her fist in . Silence finally fell on the house and Tzuyu was able to compose herself, enamoured by how her daughters looked at her. They always looked at her like she was the only person in the world, they looked to her to protect and love them which she did. She loved them so, so much and knew that she would need to learn to look after them alone. They deserved her to step up a little more and she would - that was a promise.

 

Sometimes Tzuyu would remember before, before she had two tattoos instead of one. Back to when she wanted everything to end, where she’d drink her days away and defend any omega or beta as thought she had a death with. Not caring if she lived or died. She pitied that woman now. That wasn’t her any more, Mina and Nayeon had breathed new life into her. Even though it took a while for her to come round they never gave up on her. Now she had two little ones to watch over and that was something that she would never take for granted.

 

She looked at the tinsel Mina had put up on her bookcase, Tzuyu had once hated Christmas. She despised the memories it left her with, it all still hurt and it probably always would but now Tzuyu allowed herself to enjoy some of the memories. She allowed herself to feel excited about her babies opening their first Christmas presents ever in a few weeks, about kissing Mina and Nayeon under the mistletoe at the annual work party, about buying all of them the perfect presents.

 

Finally, Tzuyu could allow herself to be happy.

 

And when Mina arrived home that night Nayeon immediately waved her over, finger to her lips. The omega looked into Tzuyu’s study and nearly cooed at the sight: Tzuyu laid back on her office chair fast asleep with two snoozing babies in her arms all cuddled up together. Nayeon snapped a few pictures before back-hugging Mina tightly, feeling a little left out. The omega leant back into her embrace, smiling at the scene in front of her.

 

“See I told you she’d be fine.” Nayeon whispered,

 

“Should we move them?” Mina asked,

 

“In a bit,” Nayeon hummed, pecking Mina’s cheek, “I think Tzuyu’s earned some special time with the girls.”

 

“She’s worked so hard I’ll feel bad waking her.”

 

Nayeon hummed, leaving Mina a moment to go and get a blanket. When she returned she draped it over the trio, just from the babies lower backs down. They knew Tzuyu’s instincts wouldn’t let her drop them and neither had the heart to wake her up again, she needed to be up in a few hours for work. They decided to leave them for the night, heading up to their own bed and leaving the trio downstairs in their little bubble.

 

Safe to say the three mothers were excited for Christmas Day this year, watching their girls open their first Christmas presents. They were having all three sets of grandparents over to celebrate with them, it would be a full house. Their little family would be together though, with so many firsts ahead of them. They would all grow to be fantastic mothers and their girls would spend their lives feeling loved and safe. Not only by their mothers but also their aunts who would spoil them rotten and their grandparents who would adore them.

 

One day they would ask about the white haired woman in the photo on Mama’s desk and Okaasan would get quiet. They would never hide it from their girls, without Elkie it was likely they would never have met, and their girls would ask more about mating. They’d watch them grow up into good, kind women who would have families of their own. Not that they’d ever grow up in their mothers’ eyes…

 

Because they would always see them like this: adorable pups, curled into their Mama’s arms for protection. Fast asleep.

 

Until about two hours time when Yena would wake up with a wet diaper and start crying again.