A Year On (NaMiTzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

Okay I hate doing the same ship twice in a row but the last story missed a lot of stuff I wanted to put in so welcome to part 2! Someone prompted a 3rd part which I’ll do later :)

 

A Year On (NaMiTzu)

 

Thank you for saving me.

 

How’d you like that, head!?

 

Tzuyu never knew how to feel about that second tattoo on her arm. While it was getting awkward holding the door open for people and seeing their reaction to the swearword on her arm, she never felt she had to hide it. Momo had burst into hysterics when Tzuyu had started showing her arms off over the summer. It had been just over a year since she’d got it and once she had agreed to try things with Mina and Nayeon she had never looked back. It had been difficult at first, Tzuyu was still dealing with the trouble of Nayeon having been around a lot longer than Tzuyu had. A beta guiding an alpha through their first time with an omega in heat hurt Tzuyu’s inner pride. While her logical brain knew it was only because Nayeon had found her first, her primitive brain (which was were her instincts lay) hated that she had been beaten to her own mate by a beta.

 

She didn’t feel that way to often now but it still cropped up occasionally.

 

But still, Nayeon had been Tzuyu’s saviour also. In the beginning she was the one who learnt when Tzuyu was uncomfortable and would make a big effort to talk through anything Tzuyu was concerned about. They’d spent many nights up talking and soon Nayeon had Tzuyu wrapped round her finger in the same way Mina had them both. She was also the reason Tzuyu was allowed to keep Elkie’s picture. While alphas were mainly known to be jealous, omegas were just as bad. Though they reacted differently to alphas, who would fight the threat, they would get quiet and extremely clingy. When it was really bad they would sometimes jump their alpha, which did happen once (not that Tzuyu had complained). When the trio began getting serious, which was when they decided Tzuyu was finally ready to spend Mina’s next heat with her, Mina had hidden the picture. Tzuyu had gone mad looking for it and when she finally found it in the trash she had asked Mina why she had thrown it.

 

Mina didn’t want to share her alpha with anyone except Nayeon, so having this photo next to Tzuyu’s bed of the omega who got there before she did made her unhappy. In the same way it hurt Tzuyu’s pride that Nayeon and Mina had been with each other first, knowing that she wasn’t the only omega Tzuyu had been with also hurt Mina. Truth was Elkie made Mina jealous, she was Tzuyu’s first love and having her photo up, staring at them as they woke up each morning…it grated on her. In the end Nayeon had pulled Mina aside to try an explain why Tzuyu wouldn’t get rid of the picture, it had nothing to do with their relationship. Tzuyu was still in love with Elkie and she always would be, no question, but she loved them too and Mina had to trust that. Nayeon did. In the end they reached a compromise, Elkie’s photo was now in Tzuyu’s study on the desk.

 

But all that said as Tzuyu awoke that morning with two beautiful girls in her arms she felt happier than she had ever felt. Mina was tucked under her chin and Nayeon had her head laying on her other shoulder, both holding hands on Tzuyu’s stomach. The younger watched them sleep for a moment, Nayeon was talking quietly in her sleep while Mina was still. If Tzuyu could move an inch she would have taken a picture, she tried to move her feet but Gucci had taken up residence there meaning Tzuyu was officially pinned down. Gently Tzuyu removed herself from Mina and whispered for Nayeon to let her go, Nayeon was a heavy sleeper so detached herself unconsciously and cuddled the pillow.

 

“Gucci,” Tzuyu whispered, the little dog looking up and cocking his head, “Wanna go for a walk?”

 

Gucci’s little tail wagged and he was off downstairs like a shot. Managing to escape bed she got into her running gear, she always took Gucci with her on her morning run and would walk him once more before she went to bed as well. Usually Nayeon would join her and occasionally they’d get Mina out with them too but usually that’d be Tzuyu and Nayeon’s private time. Both of their instincts told them that the omega was the one who needed protection and looking after, occasionally that meant they’d both focus on Mina too much. So their private time every evening walk meant they could focus on each other since Mina was safe at the house.

 

As Tzuyu walked down the stairs she tried to ignore the boxes of Christmas decorations left out in the living room. She hated Christmas. Distracting herself with putting Gucci’s harness on and then attaching the lead, Tzuyu checked the weather - it was freezing outside. There was a park down the road so she would only keep him on until she got there, due to the time of year Tzuyu would take longer on her runs due to needing more time to think. She always missed Elkie at Christmas, she always missed Elkie to be honest but as Christmas was when she…passed on it made everything hurt more. Running helped her process things, plus it was part of Gucci’s care taking and Tzuyu loved that little dog.

 

When Mina woke up she felt sad that Tzuyu wasn’t there, however once she realised Gucci wasn’t guarding them on the alphas orders she put two and two together. She nudged Nayeon awake and got her morning kiss, then the duo got up to start their day. Mina was due on heat soon and so she was extra clingy with both her mates, therefore when she got dressed she wore Tzuyu’s hoodie and Nayeon’s shirt underneath. It meant that when she went and sat on the couch she could tuck her head inside and smell them both. Nayeon went to make breakfast, setting a water bottle on the side knowing Tzuyu always forgot hers. For a while Mina helped her but eventually she migrated to the living room and looked at the boxes of decorations.

 

They really needed to put those up today.

 

Mina sighed, she loved Christmas but Tzuyu refused to even discuss the day. It took all of their….convincing to get her to carry down the decorations. Getting her to put them up was even more difficult. Tzuyu had always been quite closed off but over time she began opening up more and more to them, they thought they were making progress…until December arrived and Tzuyu closed herself off all over again. She would pretend to be normal but if Nayeon didn’t remind her the younger girl wouldn’t eat. She wasn’t the most clingy but lately she’d hug them extra tightly on the occasions she did so. She was just functioning, not living.

 

“We need to get these decorations up.” Mina called over to Nayeon,

 

“I know,” Nayeon hummed, “We’ll do it today when Tzuyu goes to work.”

 

“That’s probably the best plan.” Mina sighed, “Do you think we can get her to enjoy Christmas?”

 

Nayeon walked over and set a mug of hot chocolate down in front of her, “All we can do is show her we aren’t going anywhere.”

 

Mina nodded and pecked Nayeon’s lips before letting her go back to preparing breakfast. Mina pulled up the hood on Tzuyu’s hoodie and tightened it so that it closed over her face. The mixed scents comforted her so that she could relax until both her girls were home with her. Thankfully, she soon heard the door open and Gucci’s little paws scampering to the kitchen for a drink. Pulling down the hood she beamed at Tzuyu as the alpha walked in, she was sweating from her run and was downing the contents of her water bottle. When she lowered the bottle she met the omegas eyes and Mina extended her arms out. Tzuyu walked over and let Mina cuddle her, wrapping her own arms round her and kissing her head - reminding herself that she hadn’t gone anywhere. On Mina’s side she was only happy when both her girls were home, she only released Tzuyu when the girl commented she needed to greet Nayeon but made her promise to come straight back.

 

Tzuyu walked into the kitchen and immediately spotted Nayeon cooking with her back to her, she walked forward and wrapped her arms around the beta’s waist. She watched Nayeon stop cooking and felt her fall back into her embrace a little. It was strange Tzuyu’s instinct had adjusted to having two mates, while she always paid more attention to the omega (who required it) Tzuyu always knew that Nayeon needed it too. Whenever she greeted Mina she would have to greet Nayeon as well and vice-versa. In the beginning there was a small power struggle, Nayeon wasn’t ready to relieve her position as the dominant partner and Tzuyu’s inner alpha needed dominance. They clashed a little until they were able to find a middle ground, or at least until they realised that Mina’s instincts had changed so that she could tell who she needed for what. Nayeon was for comfort and Tzuyu was for protection, they were okay with that because they realised they could switch roles for each other.

 

Nayeon could protect Tzuyu from herself and Tzuyu could comfort Nayeon when she worried about Mina.

 

“You’re sweaty.” Nayeon told her,

 

“Good morning to you too.” Tzuyu replied, kissing her neck,

 

Nayeon chuckled and turned in Tzuyu’s arms to face her. The older girl smiled and pecked her lips, Tzuyu hummed, “Thought I was sweaty?”

 

“Yeah well,” Nayeon sighed, wrapping her arms round Tzuyu’s neck, “I guess I missed you.”

 

“Gee thanks.”

 

Suddenly, another head popped between them. Mina was feeling left out and so she decided to join them, much to the amusement of the other two. She still had the hood up so Tzuyu gently pulled it down as Mina snuggled herself between them. The other two chuckled as the clingyness Mina only showed to them in these private moments made an appearance. The first thing Tzuyu had noticed when the relationship had begun was that she and Mina were a lot alike. They were both quite and reserved until they felt comfortable, for Mina it was because she was shy while Tzuyu was just a reserved character. Nayeon was the opposite: loud, brash, confident. Tzuyu might be the alpha but Nayeon was in charge - she had Tzuyu wrapped round her little finger and Mina naturally looked to her for protection and guidance. Nayeon, out of the three, was the one who would demand constant attention and affection. Tzuyu would very rarely ask for such things unless she was particularly distressed. But Mina was only clingy in the safety of their home.

 

“I think someone felt left out.” Nayeon quipped,

 

“Only a little.” Mina blushed, nose wrinkling cutely when Nayeon pecked it,

 

The other two chuckled again before Nayeon shooed the duo out so she could finish breakfast. Tzuyu lay back on the couch and Mina lay cuddled up on top of her, Gucci jumping up to curl by their feet. The alpha wished they could stay like that all day, drag Nayeon over to join them and just cuddle, but she had work in a few hours. Plus, tonight they were going to her work Christmas party. This would actually be the first year Tzuyu had gone. The other years it had always been too….painful so she bailed. The pain was still there but it wasn’t as heart shattering this year, she was definitely not as lonely. She was actually excited to go this year, finally she could show off her mates the same way everyone else got to. Tzuyu would be working right up until the party started so the other two offered to bring her dress with them when they arrived.

 

“What time are they getting here?” Momo asked,

 

“Dead on seven.”

 

“Really? Dead on?”

 

“Well Mina likes being early and Nayeon likes to be late so between the two of them they’ll get here right on time.”

 

Momo stared at her, “Was…Was that a joke? You make jokes now?”

 

“Not if you’re going to make a big deal when I do.” Tzuyu replied rolling her eyes,

 

Momo smiled, even though it had been a year the older girl still hadn’t met Tzuyu’s girlfriends. She vaguely remembered Mina from the incident in the alleyway, but since Tzuyu was a very private person, she hadn’t introduced her lovers to her friends yet. Jihyo and Jeongyeon had met them back when Mina and Nayeon were just a couple but they’d yet to see the trio as a thruple. They’d been placing bets on what Tzuyu would be like within the confines of a relationship. If she’d drop her stone faced persona and become a pile of mush, whether she was the jealous type or the protective type. Tonight the group would get their answer and Momo was glad, mostly because it would stop Sana asking about it EVERY TIME Momo wanted to….cuddle. As Tzuyu predicted dead on 7pm Mina walked into the office with a garment bag, Momo watched with a grin as Tzuyu’s usually cold gaze warmed and a small smile spread across her face. Mina’s own dress covered by a trench coat, Tzuyu was irritated to learn she couldn’t see her omegas dress yet.

 

“Hey!” Mina greeted with a small smile, “Nayeon’s parking the car.”

 

Tzuyu went to hug Mina before she remembered Momo was there. Mina sent her a teasing look and handed her the garment bag. Then, with Tzuyu’s hands occupied, she was up on her tiptoes to kiss Tzuyu hello. Laughing at the blush that spread over her face as wolf whistles erupted behind her. Momo had radioed Jihyo the second she had seen Mina on the CCTV and they’d quickly got the word round so that all the girls were gathered by the security podium when Tzuyu turned round. Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Momo all began making kissy faces at them and for a second, a short second but still a second, Tzuyu wondered how easy it would be to kill the three of them.

 

“You should go change.” Mina told her, “Nayeon should be here by the time you’re out.”

 

Tzuyu looked around to make sure no one could hear her, “I don’t want to leave you.”

 

“I’ll stay with Jihyo and Momo, okay?”

 

Tzuyu was surprised that she hesitated, Momo was one of the closest things she could call a friend, it shocked her that she was worried about leaving Mina alone with someone she trusted. It made her feel…bad. Momo had proven her loyalty to Tzuyu time and time again so why was the idea of her and Mina alone so much of a threat. It made no logical sense, Momo had a mate - Tzuyu had absolutely no reason to be threatened. But she was.

 

“Stay with Jihyo.” Tzuyu growled out lowly,

 

Mina raised an eyebrow but nodded, “Okay, you go get dressed.”

 

Tzuyu nodded and went to the changing room. She was still a little shaken by her own jealousy and thought that some peace and quiet would do her some good. Almost as soon as she’d gone Nayeon was round the corner, she noticed Mina was standing next to an unknown alpha and Nayeon found herself glaring. That is until she heard a squeal, an omega blurred past her and tackled the alpha. Relief flowed through her when she saw the alpha focus all her attention on to the bubbly omega chattering excitedly in her arms. Once the threat was neutralised she greeted Jihyo and began cuddling Mina, her own omega blushing and snuggling into her. A receptionist came over to take their coats and both girls looked over each others dresses….they’d done the exact same thing at home but this time the dresses would have to stay on.

 

“You must be Nayeon!” Sana chirped, “I’m Sana and this is Momo.”

 

Introductions were made and soon Jeongyeon and Dahyun wandered in. All the girl’s were dressed in their party clothes, looking stunning as always and when Tzuyu rounded the corner all dressed up for the first time that any of them had witnessed. She looked like a model, long legs, stunning dress, stunning face. Nayeon vaguely contemplating finding a cupboard to drag her mates in to for twenty minutes. She looked equally as enamoured by their dresses also, she stopped for a second and looked them over. Sana commenting that it was like watching the discovery channel, only gayer. Jihyo ushered everyone to where the party was being held, giving the trio privacy. Plus seeing all three of them together, looking at each other like that, brought back memories of graphic stories Nayeon had told her. Unable to look her security guard in the eyes she quickly took everyone away. Once they were alone in the foyer, Nayeon walked over and kissed Tzuyu. The taller girl hummed and returned the kiss before parting.

 

“You look gorgeous.” Tzuyu complimented before looking at Mina also, “You both do.”

 

“Have you seen yourself?” Nayeon smirked,

 

“Not really I had to get changed in the janitors closet.”

 

“Well you look beautiful.” Mina smiled pecking her cheek,

 

After their moment Tzuyu led the way to the large hall in which the party was being held. The evening started off well. Tzuyu found herself being more social and engaging, talking to people she’d known for years with such new found joy pouring from her that it made these people smile. Jihyo especially took note of how she danced with both girls, she would dance properly with Nayeon and Mina was squeezed in the middle. As Jihyo was the witness to Tzuyu’s breakdown last year it was refreshing to see the girl so…happy. It was also interesting to see how Tzuyu could leave the two of them to talk to Momo without any hint of jealousy between them.

 

“You three are so cute!” Sana gushed when Tzuyu approached,

 

The younger just blushed and looked down, too happy to keep up her mask.

 

“It’s nice,” Momo smiled, holding Sana to herself, “You’re not hurting any more, I’m happy for you.”

 

“I’m…happy too.” Tzuyu confirmed,

 

“TZUYU-NIM!” A voice called and a group of excited omegas swarmed her,

 

They were trainees Tzuyu looked after a lot, they liked her because she kept them safe and (minus Momo) the other alpha security guards could come off predatory during their heats but Tzuyu was so numb to all that she made them feel protected. A number of them had tried to get Tzuyu to help them through their heats, they used to try Momo but Sana nipped that in the bud…and ripped their extensions out. This was something both Mina and Nayeon knew, so at the sight of THEIR alpha being surrounded by those omega es both let out growls.

 

Tzuyu on her part was just being polite, it was her job to look after these girls if they thought more into it that was disappointing for them. The omegas mostly told her about how their training was going and how the dances were getting more difficult, some asked if Tzuyu wanted to feel how all the fancy leg work had tightened their thigh muscles. Mina watched the display and felt something change, sometimes when an omega felt their alpha was pulling away from them their heat would trigger prematurely to lure them back. This was sometimes helpful to the alpha to know how to keep their omega happy, however in a room crowded with alphas and betas it was not a good thing.

 

“Nayeon…” Mina whispered, they had been in the position to dance together while watching Tzuyu being flirted with,

 

Nayeon turned to look at her, “What’s wrong?”

 

One sniff of the air gave her the answer. Nayeon began to panic, Tzuyu was to far away but Nayeon didn’t want to risk walking Mina past any more alphas. She wasn’t about to leave her there either, it didn’t help that Mina was still jealous of the omegas crowding their mate meaning the scent was only getting stronger. Nayeon tried to soothe her but it wasn’t working and now a few alphas in the room were eyeing her. Luckily, while Tzuyu was to far, Chaeyoung and Dahyun noticed what was happening and offered to watch Mina for a moment. Nayeon looked hesitant, she didn’t want to leave Mina with an alpha she didn’t know. Dahyun took a few steps away so that she wasn’t crowding Mina and let Chaeyoung look after her as she observed, Nayeon was happy with that and began walking quickly over to Tzuyu.

 

However, when she was halfway there she felt Mina getting scared. She could sense that something had caused Mina to feel unsafe so she immediately turned round. There was a large male alpha dancing way to close to her, grinding on her while Chaeyoung was distracted watching Dahyun. With Tzuyu out of action for the moment Nayeon had to make herself the alpha Mina needed in that moment. She marched over and used her strength to pull the male alpha away, Mina immediately hiding behind her. Dahyun ran to get Tzuyu as Nayeon faced off with the large alpha.

 

“Excuse me that’s my mate.” Nayeon growled, used to facing alphas for her omega,

 

“Pfft,” The alpha scoffed, “A beta? Please…”

 

“I’m asking you nicely to leave her alone, she’s mine.”

 

“Don’t worry baby,” He smirked, cupping her chin with greasy hands, “Plenty of me for both of you, omegas are fun but I like the fight betas give me.”

 

Nayeon shoved him away from her and he let out a loud growl, when he propelled his fist into her stomach she let out a loud cry - Mina whimpering. Nayeon hit the floor with a thud and the alpha went to grab Mina’s arm only for him to be tackled to the floor. Tzuyu looked terrifying, her eyes were lit with a fire that scared anyone who wished to intervene. With strength nobody knew the thin girl had she lifted the male alpha off the floor and slammed him on to a pillar by his neck.

 

“Back off.” She growled out,

 

The male alpha tried to choke out a response but judging by the purple/red hue that was getting brighter and brighter on his face, Tzuyu wasn’t giving him any room to breathe. A hand landed on her shoulder, Momo was the only one brave enough to try and calm the furious alpha.

 

“Tzuyu let him go, Jihyo will punish him but you have to let him go.”

 

But Tzuyu didn’t want to, she wanted to see the light in his eyes go out for trying to take what was hers. These were not thoughts Tzuyu had often but she had dreamed of doing it shortly after Elkie had been killed. She wanted to make the alphas that killed her suffer for what they did and this fury had made an untimely comeback. Her grip tightened, the male trying desperately to claw her hands off. Sensing the mood wasn’t changing Jeongyeon also began to intervene, trying to gently release Tzuyu’s grip from around the male’s neck.

 

“Tzuyu,” Momo whispered to her gently, “Mina needs you right now, so does Nayeon. Go to them.”

 

The mention of her mates got through to Tzuyu and with a growl she dropped the alpha to the floor. Jihyo immediately came over to kick him out, Jeongyeon ensuring she kept a distance from Tzuyu. Immediately Tzuyu searched the crowd for where Mina was keeping Nayeon upright and flew over to them. Mina’s heat hit her like a truck and the dots connected, she had looked over to see him hit Nayeon but she hadn’t known what had gone on beforehand. She grabbed both their hands and dragged them out, not caring about the scene she had just caused. They didn’t speak until they got home, Tzuyu immediately checking over Nayeon’s stomach. The bruise there was large and dark, Tzuyu tended to it and kissed it gently. They tended to Mina’s heat, Tzuyu losing herself halfway through causing her to be a lot rougher not that either of them minded.

 

The next morning Tzuyu woke up later than usual, she was in bed alone. As Mina was in heat so were Nayeon and Tzuyu, therefore they would all be crying out for each other. With this in mind it was no surprise that Tzuyu was downstairs mere minutes after waking. She walked into the kitchen and cuddled into Nayeon’s back, the older girl chuckling as Tzuyu left little kisses up and down her neck.

 

“You’re clingy today.”

 

“Just want you to know you’re mine.”

 

Nayeon hummed and turned round, kissing Tzuyu gently, “I thought you were going to kill him yesterday…”

 

“So did I.” Tzuyu sighed looking at there joined hands,

 

Sensing this wasn’t a topic to be discussed without all of them Nayeon changed the subject, “We decorated.”

 

Tzuyu hummed looking around at all the Christmas decorations, “It’s nice.”

 

“It would’ve been better if you’d helped…”

 

Tzuyu sighed and cuddled her, pecking her forehead, “I’m sorry, Christmas is just--”

 

“A bad time for you, I get it - we both do.” Nayeon smiled, “We just want you to focus a bit more about making happier memories, rather than fixating on the sad ones.”

 

“Okay, I’ll try.” Tzuyu chuckled lightly, “I should take Gucci for a walk, poor guy’s been so patient.”

 

“Oh! Mina already took him….”

 

“WHAT!?” Tzuyu let go of her, “It’s Christmas eve! She’s in heat! Why would you let her go alone?”

 

“Relax,” Nayeon tried to soothe, “She’ll be fine. It’s still early, nobody will be out yet plus Gucci’s mini-you he’ll protect her.”

 

“No, no!” Tzuyu was panicking, “Elkie…Elkie was…..Mina…..I’m going to go get her.”

 

Nayeon kept a grip on Tzuyu’s arm, “Tzuyu you need to trust her, she’ll come home and you’ll see that you don’t need to be scared of losing us. What happened was horrible, but it’s rare. Trust me, trust Mina.”

 

Tzuyu still looked uncomfortable but Nayeon led her to the couch and sat her down, a moment later she produced breakfast and once they were done she settled on to Tzuyu’s lap. She straddled her and buried her head into Tzuyu’s neck. Tzuyu held her close and Nayeon just kept leaving little kisses on her neck to calm her. She could feel Tzuyu’s fear begin to lessen the more she comforted her and Nayeon felt herself warm at the idea. For betas who mated alphas they shared the omegas need to please them, when they knew their alpha was happy (and they were the cause) it made them happy. It was the same way they felt protective of omegas. Nayeon had hated it at first, relying on Tzuyu for comfort and wanting to make her happy. She wasn’t used to playing the submissive role, but eventually she came to love Tzuyu and none of that stuff mattered any more.

 

A flash drew them back to reality.

 

Mina giggled as she lowered her phone, “You two looked so cute.”

 

Gucci, feeling jealous, started pawing at Nayeon trying to get her off of his Tzuyu. With a chuckle Nayeon did so, pecking Mina’s cheek as she went to get dressed. Mina smiled at Tzuyu as the younger girl fussed Gucci, eventually he padded off to get some water and Tzuyu was able to stand. She looked at Mina with a rather cold expression.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Tzuyu said nothing but did pull Mina into her embrace, “Never scare me like that again.”

 

She kissed Mina fiercely, the omega letting out a surprised noise. Tzuyu didn’t register it, to focused on how soft Mina’s lips were, feeling them when she nibbled gently on her lower lip. Mina was here, she had come home. She wasn’t hurt, it wasn’t the police telling her something awful, it was Mina and she was home safe and sound. Soon Nayeon would come down the stairs and join them, since Mina was in heat things would escalate until they ended up in the bedroom. In a few months Mina and Nayeon would reveal that their antics that night had impregnated them both and Tzuyu would panic and faint at the idea of being a mother but all that could wait for now.

 

Because Tzuyu wanted to stay in this moment, because in this moment she felt love and trust and a million things she had never thought she’d feel again. So she was going to bask in it, even if it only lasted tonight, she wanted to remember it forever. Though if she did one day forget it wouldn’t matter…

 

Because Nayeon and Mina were always there to remind her.

 

A/N - Tzuyu/Elkie next! Please leave prompts and vote in the poll :)