Cougar (Irene x Tzuyu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

A/N - An IrenexTzuyu from Starky, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RED VELVET SO I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE. Also Julius requested another alpha/omega thing so that’s in there as a sub-plot.

 

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE THINGS IRENE SAYS IN THE BEGINNING - I JUST NEEDED HER TO BE A LITTLE UNFAIR.

 

Side note: Sorry for the long wait this chapter was really hard since I have no clue how to Red Velvet….Plus the longer I take the better the chapter.

 

Cougar (IrenexTzuyu)

 

“Three nines.” Irene grumbled under her breath as she made her way to the van,

 

“What was that?” Seulgi asked, she was standing next to her as they walked but hadn’t managed to catch what she’d said,

 

“Nothing.” Irene replied irritably,

 

Seulgi sent her a look but said no more as the group boarded their van to go home. Yeri studied the older girl when she sat next to her, “What’s the matter?”

 

“She’s bitter that we lost to Twice.” Joy replied not looking up from her phone,

 

She was right, Irene was bitter. She’d spent hours practising her technique, her stance, hours upon hours she was at the archery range! How did it go? One unlucky shot and little miss perfect, Chou Tzuyu, beat her. An omega beat an Alpha. It was embarrassing. This wasn’t the first time Irene had come to dislike Twice’s maknae. As both girls were the apparent “visuals” of their group Irene and Tzuyu were often being compared to one another. At least Irene could sing, Tzuyu was more suited to back up in her opinion! Maybe that was too far but Irene was pissed and wanted to hit where it hurt. Alpha’s were notoriously ill tempered when their pride was hurt. From an outside perspective Irene could see why Tzuyu hadn’t been JYP’s first choice for Twice. Twice were a very visual group, each girl could easily find model work if idol life didn’t work out. They had strong singers like Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon, amazing dancers like Momo and Mina, fan favourites like Sana and Dahyun, plus epic rapper and budding lyricist Chaeyoung. What was Tzuyu there for? Sure her singing had improved and her dancing was satisfactory but Irene couldn’t see the appeal. Also Tzuyu had no personality, at least not from what Irene had seen.

 

If you discount that annoying small smile she had when she made her second shot.

 

Irene sighed, “It’s just we worked so hard and it didn’t even come down to the last bow.”

 

“I’m sure we’ll ace it next time.” Yeri chirped with a smile from where she lay in Wendy’s arms,

 

“Sure.” Irene replied too angry to continue the pep-talk,

 

“Speaking of,” Seulgi said turning to whisper without their manager hearing them, “Fancy sneaking out tonight?”

 

“Where to?” Yeri asked excitedly,

 

“Shh!” Wendy snapped clamping a hand over the younger’s mouth,

 

“Twice are having a movie night, their dorm isn’t that far!”

 

Irene rolled her eyes, “No way.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because,” Irene growled, “They beat us, can I not have an evening to sulk?”

 

Her members exchanged a look, “No.”

 

So with that being the last thing said on the matter the girls arrived back at their dorm and bid goodbye to their managers. After they were sure they were not coming back the rest of Irene’s members ran off to get what they needed for a movie night. Their leader watched them run and rolled her eyes, she was too old for this . She knew how it would end, Joy would cuddle up with Seulgi and Yeri with Wendy. Leaving poor Irene alone to pretend to watch a movie without anyone to talk to. Yay, what fun. They had no schedule tomorrow meaning they could probably spend the night and then message their managers in the morning saying they left early to see Twice. They got their pyjamas and blankets and Irene took initiative to call a taxi. She made sure each girl had everything they needed so they could walk down to where their cab was waiting.

 

As Seulgi had mentioned earlier in the day Twice’s dorm was not located that far from their own and they soon arrived. Irene had spent the journey stewing, just the mere thought of seeing Tzuyu again made her heart race in what she could only assume was fury. The more she thought about it the more she realised why she had been so off, Tzuyu’s scent had distracted her. Irene could grant her the fact that Tzuyu smelt very alluring. It was almost intoxicating standing near her, but by the way her heart raced Irene knew she was annoyed. She hated the way her other members coddled her as well, always near her or touching her in some way. Leave her alone! She didn’t need to be babied. Tzuyu was Twice’s youngest and the only omega in the group, the rest made up of betas and alphas. They were very protective of her. Probably because of whatever she did to her pheromones to make them smell so good.

 

Even as Nayeon opened the door the scent wafted over the marked scent of the other Twice betas which were equally designed to appeal to her. Irene greeted Nayeon, who gave her a confused look at the sight of her wrinkled nose. They walked in and immediately joined the other girls. Irene greeted them all politely - minus their omega of course. Jihyo, as head alpha of the group, greeted them all first prompting the other girls. Irene found her gaze on Tzuyu as the omega bowed, she could’ve scoffed at the fact Sana and Jeongyeon stood either side - guarding her. Like any alpha would fall for her games. Sana teased Tzuyu by blowing on her neck and the girl let out an annoying giggle. A low growl bubbled up, not too loud but loud enough for Jihyo to look at Irene in confusion.

 

“Would anyone like a drink?” Jihyo asked breaking the awkwardness as Momo wrapped her arms round her waist to cuddle her from behind,

 

“Momo,” Jihyo playfully chastised, “I need to make drinks for our guests.”

 

They’re cute.

 

“But it’s Tzuyu’s turn.” Momo pouted,

 

Jihyo chuckled, “Tzuyu, do you mind?”

 

“I can do it, unnie.” Tzuyu gave a smiled to Jihyo,

 

Damn hearts pounding, stupid kid.

 

I’ll get my own drink.” Irene announced walking towards the kitchen,

 

She slammed her hands on the counter trying to calm herself which was difficult with Tzuyu’s scent EVERYWHERE. The door to the kitchen opened and the scent got stronger. Irene focused on her breathing as Tzuyu tried to ignore her and prepare everyone’s drinks. The scent was very alluring and now Irene’s heart was pounding in her ears, she felt nauseous. Irene couldn’t help herself, turning to watch the girl as she made the drinks, reaching into the high shelves to get cups. Irene was beginning to feel like it wasn’t only anger she was feeling. She was horrified as she realised that the heart pounding may not be anger at all but rather attraction. She could concede that Tzuyu was stunning up close, but Irene refused to acknowledge it. The only thing making her realise now was the inner alpha in her mind yelling for Irene to dominate her. Irene shook her head, it was better for her to be angry. She couldn’t let that know her tricks had worked.

 

As Tzuyu reached up to get a glass her shirt lifted, exposing her toned stomach and Irene lost control. Her instincts took over for a moment and when she regained control Tzuyu had dropped the glass and was cornered between Irene and the counter. Irene’s arms were either side trapping her and Tzuyu’s eyes were filled with fear. She was shaking a little and Irene could smell the fear, now her inner alpha was fighting with itself between protect her and take her. Choosing the option best for her Irene opted to go with angry.

 

“U-Unnie?”

 

“Sunbae, to you,” Irene spat, “Omega’s like you are the worst, so disrespectful.”

 

Tzuyu couldn’t speak, she was frightened and Korean had abandoned her.

 

“You’re an omega, a FOREIGN omega. Respecting your elders and alphas is the least you could do. You swan around like you’re all that but my question is, what do you really bring to Twice?”

 

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” Jihyo shouted pushing Irene away,

 

They had heard the glass smash and the scent of fear that came from the kitchen. Immediately Momo and Nayeon removed a shaken Tzuyu from the room. Jihyo was in front of Irene with a face like thunder. All Irene could think about was how scared Tzuyu had been, why didn’t she want the girl to be afraid of her? She hated her didn’t she?

 

“Irene I understand the pull of an omega as much as you do,” Jihyo growled out, “But I will not let you hurt any of the betas or omegas placed within my care.”

 

Now that Irene was thinking clearly she felt horrible.

 

“I’m so sorry,” She sighed, “I think my pride was hurt and I misjudged my feelings towards her. When it’s all blown over I’ll apologise to her.”

 

“See that you do, then leave Tzuyu alone. She’s a good kid and if you lay a hand on her we will come to blows do you understand?”

 

“Yes, of course. I’ll apologise.”

 

Little did she know Irene would get that moment sooner than she thought. A few days after the awkward movie night Red Velvet had been rehearsing all day. Irene had yet to contact Tzuyu with an apology but she had thought in depth about the situation. Now that her pride was no longer wounded she had come to realise that the omega was actually quite attractive. Over the past few days she had been watching Twice’s variety shows and had seen for herself that Tzuyu wasn’t stuck up at all, she was just an awkward kid with a pretty big language barrier. Irene’s motherly instinct and her alpha ways all pushed her to try and protect the girl. She had told Seulgi that when they next saw Twice she would apologise. Practise had just finished and Irene had been the last to leave, wanting to get a few more rounds in. As she left the room she smelt that scent again and looked up to see Tzuyu nervously standing there.

 

“Tzuyu?” Irene called out,

 

Upon seeing Irene, Tzuyu bowed low, “I’m sorry if I was rude to you.”

 

Irene was shocked, wasn’t this supposed to be the other way round?

 

“I’m quiet around alphas because of the stories I was told when I first presented.” Tzuyu admitted, nervously playing with her hands,

 

Irene sent the girl a small smile, “I should be the one apologising, my pride was hurt and I was lashing out.”

 

“Your pride?” Tzuyu felt safe enough to get a bit closer now that she knew she wasn’t in trouble,

 

“When you beat me, an alpha losing to an omega is…embarrassing.” Irene confessed, “But I should have congratulated you. I think it was your scent that riled me up more though.”

 

“My scent?”

 

“Yeah, it’s really strong. I found it pretty overwhelming.”

 

Tzuyu blushed, “I was in heat. Wait, Sana and Jihyo said that my scent wasn’t that strong. They didn’t even realise I was an omega until I got close.”

 

But if Irene could smell it that would mean…..

 

“Well it wont be strong if they’re both mated.” She tried,

 

“Sana was but Jihyo wasn’t at the time I first met her.” Tzuyu sighed, “They don’t really explain anything to me.”

 

Irene stepped closer, “Really? So you don’t know about….mating and stuff?”

 

Tzuyu shook her head.

 

“Why don’t we go get dinner, I can answer anything you want.”

 

Tzuyu agreed and they both left the studio to wander down to a little cafe Irene knew. She asked Tzuyu who had brought her to the studio and was quite angry to learn she had walked by herself. Irene lectured her, an omega shouldn’t be out alone for too long if they weren’t mated. The older of the two kept turning her theory in her head. She asked Tzuyu what the girl knew about mating and was shocked to learn that the girl knew almost nothing. The only things she knew were learned from Sana, apparently Sana had been one of Tzuyu’s mates but had met Dahyun first. Everyone had multiple mates scattered around the world and most didn’t even meet their mates, instead settled down with others who had not found their mates. Irene didn’t know why it angered her that Sana could have ended up with Tzuyu.

 

They arrived at the cafe and as they sat Tzuyu placed her phone on the table. As t lit up Irene happened to look down to see Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Sana and Mina (the alphas of Twice) were trying to get a hold of her. When she asked Tzuyu who knew where she had gone today she had to lecture the younger girl again. Anything could have happened. Tzuyu asked Irene a lot of questions the alpha would have assumed someone would have told her and once that was out the way they actually ended up having a good time. Irene at one point noticed that two alpha males were watching Tzuyu and so the older girl had told Tzuyu to get into her lap. There was an instinct within all omegas and betas, it was strong in omegas but it an alpha gave a command they would be compelled to do it. So Tzuyu sat gently on Irene’s lap, a little cramped in their dark corner. Tzuyu’s scent washed over Irene and she liked the younger girl being in her embrace, so much so she held her there long after the threatening alpha’s had gone. Tzuyu was quite content too, the alpha had commented on her scent a number of times but Tzuyu thought Irene’s scent was equally strong.

 

“I need to tell you something.” Irene said after a while,

 

“Hmm?” Tzuyu had been dozing a little as the elder finished her drink,

 

“The only reason for me to smell your scent stronger than others is that….well…”

 

“We’re…mates.” Tzuyu deduced, “I’m sorry.”

 

Irene smiled and squeezed the girl tightly, “Why are you sorry?”

 

“Because I know you don’t like me very much.” Tzuyu replied nuzzling in her neck a little,

 

Irene laughed lightly, “If I didn’t like you I wouldn’t have sat here cuddling you for two hours.”

 

“TWO HOURS!” The omega shouted jumping off, “Jihyo’s going to kill me!”

 

Though Irene missed the warmth she didn’t comment on it, instead she stood and rubbed her arm to calm her, “I’ll call Jihyo and say you came over to apologise and slept on our sofa.”

 

Tzuyu hesitated, “I don’t know if I---”

 

“Come home with me Tzuyu, I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

 

With the alpha command mixed with Irene’s strong scent Tzuyu found herself nodding, almost as if hypnotised. Irene sent her a smile and grabbed her hand gently, leading her outside. They both walked quite happily towards Red Velvets dorm, they talked about their lives and Tzuyu took great joy in answering Irene’s questions about Taiwan. Once Irene had snuck Tzuyu successfully into her room she phoned Jihyo with their excuse. Irene got into bed and before Tzuyu could set herself on the floor she told her to lay next to her. This made Tzuyu nervous, sure she and Irene had agreed to try things out as a mated couple (no marking just yet) but being in bed with an alpha was dangerous. It was what all propaganda told omega’s not to do. Irene sensed her discomfort and got up, she pulled Tzuyu towards her gently.

 

“I promise I wont hurt you Tzuyu.” Irene told her,

 

She leaned down and pecked her lips softly before continuing, “We wont do anything you don’t want to.”

 

In a form of comfort Irene kissed up and down the younger girl’s neck, Tzuyu closing her eyes and letting Irene calm her. Letting Irene earn her trust. The older girl kissed her softly again, lingering this time until Tzuyu gently kissed back. Irene could tell this was probably the omega’s first kiss and so she let her go before her inner alpha made her do something she shouldn’t. Tzuyu took a deep breath and trusted Irene, getting into bed next to her. Two arms wrapped round her and she nuzzled into Irene’s neck, falling asleep quite comfortably in her arms.

 

_____

 

After Tzuyu got home that first night Jihyo had yelled at her for an hour about sneaking off all by herself. Irene and Tzuyu had both decided not to tell anyone about them yet, Irene was really concerned about the age difference. She was a bit older than Tzuyu and she didn’t want to deal with the teasing, plus they liked their privacy. It had been going on for months and Tzuyu’s members had begun to notice how often she’d sneak away. Plus whenever she came back she smelled strongly like an alpha, they couldn’t place the scent. The were worried, the betas knew how aggressive some alphas could be while the alphas hated the idea of anyone hurting the omega under their care. It was fine at first because Tzuyu seemed to be happy, but when her mood started to darken they didn’t know where to turn. Eventually, the asked Chaeyoung to talk to her. One rare afternoon that Tzuyu was home, laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling, Chaeyoung approached her (unaware of the four alphas listening at the door).

 

“Chae?” Tzuyu called, surprising the short beta who thought she’d have to start the conversation, “How did you know Mina was your mate?”

 

“Umm,” Chaeyoung hesitated, “She smelt amazing, I didn’t like being without her. I remember wanting to be marked by her, wanting to be hers. Why?”

 

“I met mine.” Tzuyu replied blankly,

 

“You don’t see so excited.”

 

“She’s naturally bossy and keeps using the alpha command thing on me by accident.” Tzuyu said, “She doesn’t realise she’s doing it.”

 

“What sorts of things?” Chaeyoung asked, feeling worry in the pit of her stomach,

 

“Just little things like saying offhandedly that she wants dinner and the omega in me runs to make it, she apologises if she knows she does it…I’m just….”

 

“Just what?”

 

Tzuyu paused, “How did you know you were ready to have ?”

 

BANG

 

Four alpha’s crashed on to the floor, immediately getting up and looking at Tzuyu. The only beta in the room decided to help her omega friend by curling round her own mate in an attempt to calm her. Mina was the rational one in the group so keeping her the calmest would be beneficial. Jeongyeon was the first to compose herself and speak.

 

“Tzuyu, if this alpha is forcing you into--”

 

“She’s not doing anything like that,” Tzuyu yelled out, “I’m about to go into heat again and I know it could happen I just wanted to ask Chaeyoung how she knew when.”

 

Sana stepped forward and linked arms with Tzuyu, the previous feelings Tzuyu would have had towards her (the warmth of being near a potential mate) was completely gone. A fact Tzuyu was glad for, she never wanted to get between her and Dahyun.

 

“You’ll know when the time is right,” Sana told her, “Only you can dictate when you’re ready--”

 

“Bull, I’ll tell her when she’s ready,” Jihyo snapped, “She’ll be 35 and a nun.”

 

Tzuyu was like Jihyo’s little sister, she would lay down her life for the girl and if some jumped up, alpha was going to try and command Tzuyu into losing her ity Jihyo would be the first one to attack. Tzuyu was very innocent in regards to being someone’s mate and the fact Jihyo didn’t know who this person was or how far they had made Tzuyu go.

 

“Who is it?” Mina asked, Chaeyoung still clinging to her,

 

“Huh?”

 

“Your mate who is it.”

 

“...”

 

“Chou Tzuyu…” Jihyo warned,

 

“Irene-Unnie.”

 

______

 

“I told you to STAY AWAY!” Jihyo growled,

 

She had burst into Red Velvet’s dorm that night and pushed Irene against the wall, the others all stood around as Momo was desperately trying to calm her. Jihyo was furious and with all the alpha’s present comforting their obviously frightened mates, poor Tzuyu was stood at the back of procession watching on in horror. Sure Irene had been a little bossy at times but she would never force Tzuyu into something she didn’t want to do. Sometimes he members forgot that she was an adult, she could make decisions for herself and if she wanted to spend her heat this month with Irene that was her business.

 

“She’s my mate Jihyo, I can’t just do that.”

 

“Oh but you can use you alpha command to make Tzuyu your slave!?”

 

“What!!?” Irene looked past Jihyo to Tzuyu, “Have I really done that?”

 

“No!” Tzuyu cried out in frustration, “You haven’t forced me to do anything! Sometimes you use the compulsion unintentionally but you make it up after, so yeah sometimes I’m compelled to do dishes but that’s it.”

 

“Yo, Irene’s a cougar!” Wendy announced suddenly to ease the tension,

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and stormed over to Jihyo, asking Momo to help loosen her grip. Once Irene was released Tzuyu grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the dorm. Tzuyu knew that she and Yeri had the same heat cycle so Red Velvet were off this week to prevent accidents, as were Twice. Tzuyu hailed a cab and the couple got in, Irene kept quiet the whole ride. Even as they got out to check into a hotel, Irene didn’t question anything. Once safely in their hotel room Irene sat on the sofa, she was surprised when Tzuyu immediately sat on her lap. Usually Tzuyu would be shy for a while but this time it seemed like she wanted to comfort Irene. Soft lips met Irene’s and they soon found the familiar situation of Irene laying on top of Tzuyu in a particularly heavy make-out session.

 

Because Tzuyu was in heat everything was heightened to make her seem attractive, her skin was softer, her taste stronger, her scent more overwhelming. Irene had to keep herself on a tight leash so that she didn’t take the younger girl there. It was only when two eager hands reached under her shirt that Irene was forced to pull away.

 

“Tzuyu, if you’re not ready we can wait.”

 

Tzuyu groaned in frustration, “It’s my body, I want to spend my heat with you and I want YOU to mark me. I don’t care what anyone else says and you shouldn’t either!”

 

“You want me to mark you.”

 

Sure alpha’s have the whole command thing, but they didn’t realise that omegas had them wrapped round their fingers.

 

“Please.” Tzuyu asked giving her the most “-sacrifice” look she could,

 

Alphas liked knowing they were their mates first, by playing to that Tzuyu made Irene’s inner beast howl. She captured Tzuyu’s lips again, rougher and harsher than before making Tzuyu give out little hums of pleasure as the older girl growled through it. You could say Tzuyu could definitely feel how Irene felt on the matter and began to feel nervous. This was big, it felt big on her thigh. Sensing her nerves Irene pulled away to make eye contact.

 

“Are you sure about this?”

 

“Yes.” Tzuyu told her pecking her lips, “You cougar.”

 

Okay THAT’S IT!