Morning

Sliding into the DMs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol woke up with a numb arm and a tickling sensation on his nose. He blinks away the sleepiness and opens his eyes to see a tuff of dark hair in his face and immediately, he realized who's in his arms. His little Jihoon who dragged him to bed together. He smiled softly and presses a gentle kiss to the tuff of hair before settling down once more to stare up at the ceiling.

His mind drifted to the time when he last did this. It was with his ex who he loved with all his heart. But he cheated on Seungcheol when he was away from college. The thought of being betrayed started a throbbing pain in his heart and slowly, he couldn't help but think that what if, Jihoon will do the same in the future.

Frustrated with himself, he retracted his arm from the smaller and got up. Jihoon groaned softly in his sleep from Seungcheol moving around and he froze, watching the smaller and afraid he had woken him up but when Jihoon continued to sleep quite soundly, he sighed. He stumbled around the room, gathering up his bag and phone before taking one last glance at Jihoon. Then, he leaves, he leaves behind the bitter memories, fear, and Jihoon.

-

When Jihoon woke up, the other side of the bed was cold to the touch. He slowly sits up and rubs at his eyes, confusion written clearly on his face as he moves out of bed to look for Seungcheol.

"Seungcheol?" he calls out groggily, blinking away sleep but only silence answered him.

A spark of worry spread through his body when he realized that Seungcheol was nowhere to be found after searching through the whole house. With a sickening feeling in his heart, he sends a text to Seungcheol.

Good morning Cheol

Did you get too hungry and went to grab breakfast without me?

He stared at his phone intensely, heart thumping loudly in his chest as he goes to the bathroom and decides to wash up and get ready for the day. Jihoon walks in front of the mirror and stares blankly at himself.

Did he leave because of how ugly I look when I'm asleep?...

No. I can't think like that...

The dark haired boy shakes his head rapidly and pats his face before moving to wash and brush his teeth. Though no matter how hard he tried, he's come to realize with a sinking feeling deep in his heart that something has happened. That perhaps, this would thing wouldn't work out between them for some reason.

And so, he walked back to the kitchen and begins making breakfast. He tried to concentrate, he really did. But Jihoon ended up burning both the toast and egg, forcing him to stare down at his creation as he shuts off the fire and just stands there in silence.

He didn't expect himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter