Ghosting

Sliding into the DMs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a mess, just a lot of screaming from Jihoon and lots of capitalized messages coming from Seungcheol as Jeonghan paced around. He currently has Jihoon on the phone, speaker mode, while staring down at his messages that he's getting from the very nervous and anxious Seungcheol.

"Calm down, please," he pleaded, typing out those words in the message while saying it verbally out to Jihoon, deciding that both of them need to be addressed this way so things can be under control.

The brunette haired male scowled at his phone. Maybe setting these two up wasn't such a good idea after all and yet, he still continued his plan. He was sure that those two just might be perfect for each other.

"I can't believe he actually messaged me. Did you force him to? God, you're making me seem desperate. I should've blocked him," Jihoon said, his voice sounding quite calm but Jeonghan knew better. He knows that Jihoon is on the other side, angry as hell, probably even hissing if he was a cat. 

"So you knew it was Seungcheol!"

"Of course I knew! You told me he was going to message me!"

"Then why the hell did you pretend like you don't know him, Jihoon!"

"Because! Because..." Jihoon paused, trying to stall and give himself time to think of an answer. "Just because!"

Jeonghan snorted, rolling his eyes at the stupid answer that he received before typing out a message to Seungcheol, explaining that Jihoon is just playing hard to catch and that he did know who was messaging him.

"Yeah well, just answer that poor man. He's hyperventilating."

"That sounds like a you problem," and with that, Jihoon ended the call, huffing quietly

The shorter then shuffles to his side of the dorm room, plopping face down onto the bed before letting out a quiet groan. Perhaps, he should respond to the Seungcheol but how should he do it? Is he supposed to say hi? Say sorry for giving him some sort of attitude? With those questions clouding his mind, he opened the chat once more and tapped into the latter's profile, scrolling through his pictures. Unknowingly, a small smile crept onto Jihoon's face as he noticed a certain picture of Seungcheol.

Suddenly, a loud ping from his phone rang out, causing the black haired male to drop his phone. When he finally realized the sound came from his own phone — you can't really blame him since he refused to use Instagram until Jeonghan's nagging. It took a few months of constant nagging from the older just to get him to join Instagram. Jihoon's a true grandpa — he tapped on the notification.

It turns out that it was another message from Seungcheol.

Hi Jihoon. I'm sorry for
messaging you so
suddenly. I should've
made sure that
Jeonghan had at least
told you about me and
what he was doing.

Sorry once more.

Jihoon frowned. Seungcheol's misunderstanding bothered him and he lifted a finger up hesitantly before typing up a reply.

No, it's not your fault.
Jeonghan did tell me
about you. I just...

Jihoon started to type out: I guess I didn't and then paused. He's now not sure how to finish that message. He wanted to explain to Seungcheol how he didn't want to give him a chance and cause any misunderstanding. But now that he thinks about it, saying that he ignored Seungcheol on purpose and making him look like an idiot wasn't so nice after all and he could immediately feel guilt rush through him.

I guess I just forgot.

Sorry.

Oh

Ummm

Should I start over?

Or would you prefer
to just pretend we
never spoke to each
other and just continue
with our daily life?

Jihoon frowned. He didn't like erasing people so suddenly like that. But he wasn't sure how to answer it either. He could say that he wanted to start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter