27 JOY [Finale]

Silent Love (I'm sorry)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Auntie Yeri, wait for me!!!” A little girl’s giggle rings throughout the air as she chases after Yeri in her beautiful floral dress. Her silky black hair flows like a river in the wind.

“Ya! Sooyoung-ah!!! Do not run!!” warned the voice from below the stairs.

“Faster, Papa!! Faster!! I want to see the pretty unnie!!” Sooyoung shouted back, skipping away, up the stairs following after Yeri. “Aish! This little girl will be the end of me…” SeungWan grumbled, shaking his head from side to side as he followed behind holding onto the small, cold hands of his lover.

Joohyun chuckled, leaning closer into him. “She is already 6, SeungWan-ah… You worried too much.” Joohyun smile as she flicks his forehead lightly, breaking off the frown.

“Yea! Joohyun-unnie is right. Yeri is there, nothing will go wrong.” Seulgi reassured with her gummy bear smile.

SeungWan mentally facepalmed himself. ‘Because its Yeri…’ He thought as he let out a heavy sigh. He held tightly onto Joohyun’s hand and tucked it in his coat’s pocket to keep her warm. They followed closely behind their energetic daughter. Each step they took, flashes a past memory in their mind. A beautifully sad story etched into each of their minds…

They stood before the lone tombstone, sitting at the top of the hill.

--

7 years had passed…

7 long years since Joy decided to exchange hers for that of SeungWan’s…

That day when SeungWan enters darkness once again, Joy was the first to greet him. At that point, SeungWan knew his body wasn’t going to last. The beeping machines. The tubes and wires all pieced death for him. Facing death before his eyes, Joy brought the tiny light of hope into him.

“Everything is fine, oppa… Everything will be…”

He thought Joy was lying. He thought Joy was just being her usual self –  Always bringing positivity into his pessimistic thoughts.

What he never knew until later was Joy made it true. Joy gave him her heart in exchange for her future. Her dreams, her wishes. She gave up all and walked the path SeungWan thought he initially should be walking.

Joy left…

SeungWan was kept in the dark of truth as per Joy’s wish until he made a full recovery. Eunji broke the truth to him as everyone gathered in his house.

SeungWan was angry at first. Angry at the fact Joy sacrificed everything for him. He felt regret. Regret he couldn’t do anything for her. First few days after the revelation, he sat before Joy’s grave. He let everything out in the form of tears and words. He cried until no tears could fall freely. He shouted until he kept apologizing to her. Until he sat there just gazing at her most beautiful smile from her picture which he had missed dearly.

He snapped b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter