16 Strange

Silent Love (I'm sorry)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Irene?” SeungWan asks to ensure that he gots it correct. Which Joohyun simply replies by writing the word ‘Yes’ on his palm again. In a split moment, many things through in him. He notices how her fingers were trembling. That touch brought many feel out in him. Questions he has no answers to. It feels so familiar. The little warmth which exudes from her hand that was wrapping around his.

‘Who are you exactly?’

“It’s beautiful,” SeungWan commented, causing Joohyun to turn a shade of pink.  Even if ‘Irene’ was a name she simply thinks up on the spot, she could not handle the compliments from him. Even if SeungWan’s eyes could not see, even if they aren’t looking into hers, even if it seems cold and distant. It still made her heart flutters. Because that’s just what SeungWan had been doing…

“What’s beautiful? Did I miss something?” Yeri asks when she overheard the comment while arriving at the table with SeungWan’s drink. She places the drink before SeungWan and sat back in her seat next to him.

“Her name is…” SeungWan hands cautiously search for his drink.

“Her name?? What about it?” Yeri’s brow arched in curiosity. Her eyes switch between the couple. ‘Joohyun-unnie name is just Joohyun. Did I missed anything???’ She thought to herself.

When Joohyun notices SeungWan’s hand carefully probing around, she immediately picked up his drink and places it in his hand instead. She also wrapped her fingers around his, ensuring he had a firmer grip on it. Holding on to this hand, she wishes the time would stop. She wishes for it to last. The best is for it to be forever. This hand which she had been searching for, left her far too long for her to remember. But things just don’t go the way she wants when SeungWan simply smile at her and pulls the drink closer to him. His warmth left her once again. She wants to desperately hold onto it again but she stops in her pace.

“Irene… The name is beautiful…”

SeungWan’s words felt like knives that cut into her heart. Yet who should she blame? Was it to blame him for leaving? For not remembering her? –No. It was her own choice. She chose not to identify herself as Joohyun, rather she chose to be Irene. From now, she could only be Irene and not Joohyun.

Yeri looked at Joohyun, unable to believe her ears. Irene?! She really wanted to knock some sense into the older girl but she chose not to again. She saw the sadness in her eyes. She felt the insecurities in her heart. She understood the reasons behind her actions. She could blame neither, but maybe she would blame life for playing a joke on the couple.

“I-Ind-deed it is.” Yeri stutters a bit. She saw the retreating shadow of Joohyun slightly curled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter