24 "I'll be back..."

Silent Love (I'm sorry)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic used in this chapter is not a representation of past, rather it is in the dream.

When Seulgi arrived at the roadside, her world turned 180 degrees. What was supposed to be a happy dream, turned into a bloody road to hell… Bogum who was stained with blood… Joohyun shouting and crying the name of SeungWan… And a SeungWan who is still smiling with all the injuries in her embrace.

Seulgi rushed to their side and immediately dialled the emergency number.

“S-Seulgi-ah…S-SeungWan… S-SeungWan is…” Joohyun breaks down again. But Seulgi understands. She comforted her the way SeungWan always does. Time to time she will look at Bogum, to make sure he doesn’t hurt them anymore.

When sirens kill the sobbing in the air, the crowds began to fill into the space. Reporters and cameras. Police and paramedics. Strangers of all ages and occupations. Questions by questions. Murmurs with pointing fingers. It’s so noisy that Seulgi wishes she could just shut them all up... For Joohyun, for SeungWan…

Seulgi watches as the police stand before Bogum. He remained sitting on the pavement, looking at the couple from afar. Tears roll down his cheeks before raising his two wrists towards the police. Without resistance, the police place the handcuffs around his wrist and brought him away.

When the paramedics arrive before Seulgi, Seulgi knew what they were going to do. Seulgi took a step away but Joohyun refuses to hand over SeungWan. The more they tried to persuade her, Joohyun only held him tighter. They tried to use force but Seulgi stops them immediately.

“Unnie… Wannie isn’t going anywhere… They are going to heal him. He will be back. As always. He will wait for you at the same place… Because he made a promise. Because he loves you…” Seulgi whispers into Joohyun’s ears. When she slowly loosens her grip, the paramedics lift SeungWan onto the stretcher and off to the hospital in the ambulance with Joohyun’s accompany.

Seulgi returns back to her car and cried a mess. Her strong outlook was all a façade. Truthfully, she has the most fear but Joohyun had already collapse… No more Joohyun unnie for her to rely on. No more SeungWan around to comfort her—Only herself.

Seulgi blames herself for everything. If only she was faster. If only she never left them. If only…

She can replace them…

When Seulgi arrived in the parking lot of the hospital, she made sure to check her appearance well. No crying messes. No tear stains. Strong. Cheerful… And positive. Before she ran her way to find Joohyun, she made sure to take a little detour to the nearest convenience store. Getting some mineral water, some cup noodles and some sandwiches for Joohyun, even though she knew she wouldn’t touch a single bit of it. She even bought a few band-aids and antiseptic. Just in case Joohyun became a stubborn bunny, refusing treatments of the paramedics or nurses…

She hurried to the operating theatre where SeungWan was operated in and saw Joohyun crying in one of the seats. She crouched down in the chair, almost burying her head in SeungWan’s ripped and blood-stained jacket. Muffled voice of her calling out to SeungWan can be heard. It pains her to the very heart. Seulgi also noticed her wounds were treat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter