Dami - Airplane

Dreamcatcher One-Shot Collection

YouxDami One-shot [Female] 

(Korean will be in italics)


 

I'm waiting at the airport, my flight already two hours behind and my feet are aching from the time spent standing and walking through security. I tap my foot impatiently and check my watch: 8:56.

"Once it hits 9 o'clock, it'll be three hours behind," I sigh, gritting my teeth in anxiousness as I look around for a place to sit.

A hand on the handle of my luggage, I walk to an empty chair and sit down next to a girl with a book in her hand.

"Good morning," I say, nodding my head at the blonde but she doesn't acknowledge my presence. "Uh... Okay..." I pull out my own book from my bag and start reading quietly. I mentally sigh in happiness and feel the cover. The cover page is so pretty.

"Ah~  Dreamcatcher~" I read the title of the book in English, "by Stephen King."

"Dreamcatcher..." I hear from the girl that was silent just a while ago. I look at her and she still has the book in her hands, eyes scanning the pages diligently. 

"Oh. Do you know Dreamcatcher?" I ask the girl excitedly, throwing my fists into the air. 

The blonde takes a quick glance at me then acts as if I didn't say anything at all.

Um... Okay...

I quickly shake my head and get back to reading my book before my flight arrives. 

...

The plane arrives at 9:30 and the blond girl is coincidentally, I may add, taking the same flight as I am to LA.

'I should try to befriend her since we'll be on this plane for eleven hours,' I think to myself as I pull the bill of my snapback toward the front to cover my eyes from the blinding sun that peeks in through the large and clear windows. I follow in her steps not creepily and seat myself right next to her.

"Oh, hi again!" I smile and wave at the girl who only looks at me with pursed lips, as if trying to hold bad a comment. "Such a coincidence that we're taking the same flight and also sit right next to each other, huh?"

I give her a small smile and take my book from out of my bag before placing it where the hand luggages are normally placed. 

"Umm..." I let out, realising that my bag may not fit in the compartment. "Well, shi-"

"H-here, let me help you," the blonde finally speaks up, receiving my bag from me and gestures for me to sit back down before placing it neatly above the other hand luggages. While helping me, her white sweater rises up a bit, exposing her flat tummy.

Wow.

"Oh wow." I cover my eyes when I hear her hum, "Hm?"

"I-I just... It's nothing." I flail my arms dramatically and fan my steaming cheeks. I wasn't staring. "I wasn't looking."

"Looking at what?" She returns to her seat, adjusting her sweater by pulling down on the hem of the soft-looking material. 

"Nothing nothing." I decide to drop the conversation as it doesn't seem like it's going to go anywhere. I pop in my earbuds and so does the blonde. Wait! What's her name? 

I turn my head to the left and see that the girl has already closed her eyes, immersed in whatever she's listening to. Damn... 

I sigh to myself and close my own eyes, hoping that I'll catch some actual shut-eye soon.

...

I'm still taking a nap when I'm woken by a small poke on my shoulder, my music still blasting loudly. I open my eyes tiredly and pull out my earbuds, peering at the blonde.

"Yes?" I say groggily, my voice deeper than usual due to my sleepiness. I stare into the deep brown eyes of the other girl as she gave me an awkward smile back.

"I um... I need to use the bathroom." She whispers to me, her accent heavy on her voice. The blonde pushes her round-rimmed glasses back up on the bridge of her nose, patiently waiting for sleepy me's response. 

"Oh. Oh yes! Sorry." I pull my legs in to let the girl get through to the aisle. "Bye." I wave to her sleepily when she walks by, receiving a small smile from her. 

"Excuse me," she says, managing to silence her footsteps when she reaches the aisle. "And thank you," the blonde adds as she leaves the seating area.

I spin back in my seat after watching the girl enter the bathroom. I sigh lightly and lean back in my seat a bit, putting my book on the table next to me. I let out a yawn and shut my eyes tightly, hoping that I can ask for the girl's name when she comes back. 

"Excuse me again," a voice murmurs in my right ear, setting the butterflies in my stomach free. 

I tilt my head up to look at the girl placidly. I put a hopeful look on my face before I move my legs back again so she can get back to her seat. 

"Thank you," she breathes into my ear softly when she returns to her seat. Oh goodness... She doesn't know what she's doing to me.

"My name's Yoobin but you can call me Dami," she speaks into my ear again, combing her hair back with her hand. Yoobin grins and shows me a hand, motioning for me to shake it and I do so, my heart going a million miles a minute as the girl before me captures my eyes in her gaze. I let go of her soft hand and wipe off my sweaty one on my pants. 

"I-I uh... Yeah, um- Wait, no. My name's Y/n," I stumble over my words, my hands sweating more and more with each passing moment. Just let me die. "You're really pretty," I exclaim, my heart totally sinking after the words leave my mouth. I messed up.

"Oh... Um thank you," Yoobin reaches up to put a hand on the back of her neck. "You're the pretty one here."

dugeun dugeun! dugeun dugeun!

"I'm not pretty." I laugh and put a hand on her shoulder. She takes this as a chance to take my hand smoothly and caress it with both of hers.

"Please, you're really pretty." The look in her eyes tries to tell me that what she's saying is true or at least genuine. "And sorry for earlier. I- Sorry but can you speak Korean?"

I nod and smirk at her. "Fluently," I add.

"Wow..." Yoobin chuckles gently as a her small grin grows into a smile and lets go of my hand, feeling betrayed. "You let me speak in English the whole time when you can speak and understand Korean fluently?"

"Sorry, but I don't think I'm at totally at fault because it seemed like you didn't want to talk to me." I shrug and grab my book from the side table, eyeing Yoobin after I cover my face when I open the book. 

"Sorry for not responding to you, Y/n-ah," she replies apologetically, her puppy eyes revealing themselves to me. This girl is too cute.

I close in on her ear and murmur into it, "I'll accept your apology if you continue to speak in your cute English." I remove myself from Yoobin and chuckle when I see the displeased look on her face. 

'Really?' I interpret from the look in her eyes.

"Really really." I wiggle my eyebrows at her, fully comfortable with being myself around Yoobin now. 

She gives me a blank look before switching her language again.

"You're so not hilarious," Yoobin sighs and stretches an arm over her head, reminding me of the little incident from earlier.

"Since you confessed something, I guess I should too." I giggle at the thought like a schoolgirl. "I saw your stomach when you helped me out with putting my bag up in the compartment." I glance at Yoobin and see that she's staring down at her sweater. I wave a hand in front of her face and don't get a response. Oh.

"Oh! I'm not a ert... if you were thinking so." I try to explain on my account, "I was just watching and your sweater rode up. I won't-"

"Yes, of course." Yoobin waves at me dismissively, still keeping her part by continuing to speak in English. "Sorry... I was just surprised."

"S-sorry," I squirm in my seat and fidget with my hands, a bit awkward now that this conversation has gone down a weird path.

"Don't be," Yoobin reassures me, putting a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "Accidents happen."

"That's true..." I glance down at my feet that are dangling from the seat. "You know what? I-I'm kind of tired. I'll take a nap now." I close my eyes and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, wishing that this flight could end soon so I can stop being awkward.

...

I wake up when I hear the flight attendant's voice through the speakers, "Hello, passengers. This is flight attendant Siyeon and we are nearing LAX, so stay awake for the next few minutes for the landing. Also, I hope you all had a nice experience while traveling with us. Please leave a review on Yelp!" I snicker at the last comment and feel a tug on my hand when I raise it above me to stretch. 

"What the-" I glimpse at my hand and find Yoobin's hand in mine. My eyes widen and I study Yoobin's face. She looks so relaxed and innocent and happy. "So cute." 

"Mm..." Yoobin stirs in her sleep when she hears me speak, her eyes dart back and forth rapidly under the coverage of her eyelids. Her grasp tightens around my hand when I try to pull it away, instantly inducing my heartbeat to speed up. 

"Yoobin-ah," I call out to the sleeping beauty tenderly, shaking her shoulder repeatedly. "The flight's going to end soon."

She lazily opens her eyes and rubs them with her free hand, still clutching onto mine solidly. Yoobin initiates eye contact with her soft and round eyes before noticing that our hands are joined. The blonde freaks out for a moment and becomes her calm self again when she realizes I'm not uncomfortable with the skinship.

"I apologize. The lights were turned off after you crashed and I grew uneasy in the darkness." Yoobin confides in me with her low voice, pushing back a few strands of her hair behind her ear shyly.

"You can stop speaking in English if you wish. I'll understand if it's hard for you to talk with me out of your native language." I beam at her sleepiness.

"But you said that my English is cute, Y/n, so I'll continue to speak in it." She brings my hand up to her face to press it against her cheek softly, her lips express a smile and I'm positive that her eyes are twinkling. 

"We got cozy with each other way too quickly," I giggle at her panda-like cuteness and reach into my jacket pocket for my phone. I open it up and see that there's still no signal as we land. I open my camera app and take a quick picture of sleepy Yoobin.

"What was that sound?" Yoobin scrunches her eyebrows at me, studying my face carefully. 

"Nothing." I smile at my screen and favorite the picture.

"Alright, passengers. We've finally landed in LAX but don't you get out of your seats yet. Wait for the captain's cue and you can depart. Flight attendant Lee Siyeon signing off," the flight attendant speaks too cheerfully into the mouthpiece. 

"Okay~" I speak to the attendant who probably can't even hear me. 

"Y/n, you don't have to-"

"I know, Yoobin-ah."

...

"So... I guess this is goodbye." I walk with Yoobin to her taxi, my hand still being held by hers. 

"I guess so." She stops next to the taxi to give me a long hug. "You're kind of weird but you're cool," Yoobin speaks into my hair.

"Thank you, Yoobin-ah." I laugh at the note and pat her on the back. 

"No, thank you. My flight was enjoyable because you were with me." Yoobin ruffles my hair and puts her luggage into the trunk of the car. "Now, goodbye, Y/n-ah."

"Goodbye, Yoobin-ah." I shoot a grin at her and wink multiple times as she enters the yellow cab, throwing the peace sign at me, closing the door behind her. I keep my eye on the car as it drives off into the distance, bringing Yoobin along with it. "Congratulations, Y/n," I mutter to myself. This is your second time watching the love of your life walk away from you."


This was a long one... but I hope you enjoyed it. :)