Siyeon - Arcade

Dreamcatcher One-Shot Collection

YouxSiyeon One-shot [Neutral]


 

whack! wham! bam!

click click! click click!

"Dammit! Lost again!" I bang my fist on to the retro console and breathe furiously. I walk away from the machine to calm myself down. After a minute, I return to the machine, pull out another quarter from my pocket and insert it into the slot. "C'mon, Chun-Li. We got this."

...

"And... I lost again..." I slump up against the machine and lean on it to support my body. I sigh and look around the appliance to take a peep at the person who played against me and won... "A girl?" It seems like I've gotten her attention as she turns her head toward me, her cold eyes staring deep into my soul.

"May I help you?" She asks me, obviously annoyed that I interrupted her game.

I freeze in her gaze and lean on her machine awkwardly.

"H-hi." Stuttering, I wave to her and flash her a smile to make up for my awkward first impression.

"Hi." Stone-faced and bored, she scans me and continues her game. As she turns back to the game, her white bucket hat falls off of her head. Cute.

I swiftly pick it up and place it atop of my head, taking a seat next to her.

"So do you come here often?" I rest my head in my hands and watch her play.

"Well, I don't come here everyday..." She bites her lip as she focuses on defeating Bison as Ryu. "But I do come here at least once a week." A moment of silence passes as she continues to play her game and button-smashes.

"Oh... So this is how you won against me so many times. You button-smash." I chuckle and pat her shoulder lightly.

"Well, I mean I smash other things too if you were going to ask another question." The buttons make a clicking sound as they are aggressively bashed into the keyboard.

"I... Umm... What exactly?" I let out an awkward laugh and fan my red face with my hands.

"I'm actually a black belt in taekwondo, so don't even think about playing any games with me." She stops mid-game and glares at me dead in the eyes, one of her hands slowly make its way to my face and cups my cheeks tightly. My blood runs cold and I realize how many bones in my body that this girl can and could break.

I could probably be dead on the floor within three seconds.

"Just kidding~" The blue-haired girl says in a sing-song voice, a sweet smile plastered on her porcelain face. She lets my face go and my cheeks continue to burn where she held them as her attention returns to the video game.

"Uh... So you were kidding about being a black belt in taekwondo?" I rub the back of my stiff neck and face her.

"Mm mm." She shakes her head, "I was kidding about beating you up. You're only to use your techniques and skills for self-defense, young one."

"Oh, yes. Yes, of course." I nod and pat my reddened cheeks, focusing my attention back on to her. "Your hair..."

"Hmm?" She hums questioningly, tilting her head at the brightly lit screen, her blue hair glows as the light of the screen is casted on to it.

“I-I like your hair.” I chuckle and fan my burning face again.

“Oh. Thanks.” She smiles, still facing the screen, and her eyes turn into little crescents. Cute.

“Yeah...” I look away and think about my next line. “Would you like to go out sometime?” I blurt out randomly. Anddddddd... You blew it. I subconsciously smack my forehead and got ready to stand up and take my leave.

“Sure.” This is why you don’t talk to girls- Wait... What?! The reply repeats itself in my head for a few seconds.

Am I dreaming?

“Can you pinch me?” I ask her, who only laughs at me.

“No, this isn’t a dream and yes. I would like to go out with you sometime.” She shows me her eye-smile again and, I swear, my heart skips a few beats. “But I only go out with people that I know the names of.”

I quickly regain my composure and clear my throat.

“Well, I’m Y/n. And we should go out for ice cream then.” I grin at her and push a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

“Yeah,” She gets out of her seat and tugs on my sleeve, pulling me away from the leather chair and toward the food court. “Let’s go.”

“And your name is?” I laugh a little at this sudden enthusiasm thrown into the conversation from this mysterious girl.

“Siyeon. Now let’s get ice cream.”

Siyeon, huh? I smile to myself. Gotta make sure I remember this name.