Dami/Yoohyeon - Drama

Dreamcatcher One-Shot Collection

Dami/Yoohyeon - Drama [Female] Part 1 of ?


"Really really really really~" Winner's song plays through the speakers in the cafe that Yoobin, Yoohyeon and I are having coffee and cake in.

"Aye! Aye!" Yoohyeon stands up from her seat at the table and dabs repeatedly as confused customers walk passed her. "This is my jam!"

"Yoohyeon-ah, please stop," Yoobin sighs, holding her hand to her face in embarrassment. I set my hand on hers that's residing on the table and squeeze it lightly. "You're causing a scene."

"What do you mean?" Yoohyeon sits back down and gives Yoobin a look of disappointment and sticks her tongue out at her playfully. "I'm just having fun, Yoobin-ah."

Yoobin looks at me with a bored face and turns her attention back to Yoohyeon, her grip on my hand intensifies as she stares at her best friend, the annoyance visually growing in her eyes.

"Yoohyeon, please stop talking," I clench my teeth as I speak to Yoohyeon, who faces me with a sad expression and goes quiet. I turn to Yoobin and release her hand to point a finger at her, eyeing her sternly. "And, you, calm down, babe. I know you're tired from your schedules but we came here to have a good time. It doesn't have to be ruined now."

"Okay..." Yoobin mumbles and grabs my right hand with both of hers, holding it gently. She brings it up to her lips and kisses the back of my hand lovingly.

"Hey! I'm still here!" Yoohyeon breaks from her silence and throws her hands in front of her eyes like a child. "Please save that for home."

"You know it." Yoobin winks at me and brings my hand closer to her chest, my butterfly garden breaks out and I feel them rumbling in my stomach after I feel a blush spreads across my cheeks. This girl...

"Oh, please, please. Don't let me witness anything else." Yoohyeon grabs me by the wrist and drags me away from Yoobin. "Let's go, Y/n-ah. I'm sure our unnies and maknae miss us." The girl pulls me into a run out of the cafe and into the crowded streets of Seoul.

"W-wait, Yoohyeon-"

"YOOHYEON! BRING MY GIRLFRIEND BACK!" Yoobin yells as she runs after us, her iced black coffee and my caramel mocha in-hand.

"Stop touching each other first then I'll think about it!" Yoohyeon screams back at Yoobin with a smile on her face, her warm hand still tight around my wrist.

...

"Yoo-Yoohyeon, I... I hate you," Yoobin says as soon as we enter the dorms. She sets our drinks down on the dining table and walks toward me with a tired look on her face. "Why'd you run off with her childish a-"

"I'm not a child," Yoohyeon butts in, her bangs strewn messily across her forehead with beads of sweat running down her cheeks. She breathes heavily and throws herself onto me, pulling me into a hug and resting her head on my shoulder. "Y/n-ah, I'm tired."

"Yeah, I know." I chuckle at the tall child and walk her to her room, Yoobin following closely behind us. "You're the one that made us run all the way home." I open her bedroom door and usher her to her bunk.

"Y/n-ah," she calls out to me before taking the first step of her ladder. "I'd like to say that-"

"Y/n-ah, let's go," Yoobin comes up behind me and puts a protective around around my hip. "Good night, Yoohyeon-ah."

"Wait." I pinch the cheek of the impatient baby and scrunch my eyes up at her. "What did you want to say, Yoohyeon?" I glance back at the ladder but it seems as if she already has left for her bunk. I step away from Yoobin to climb the ladder up to Yoohyeon.

"It-it was nothing." Yoohyeon stutters, rolling around in her bed soundly.

"Y/n-" Yoobin tries to speak up.

"Shush, Yoobin." I reach the top of the ladder and peer at the tall child. "You would like to say..?"

Yoohyeon rolls back to make eye contact with me, her blanket covering half her face but just enough to let me see the redness of her eyes and the hint of tears that were wiped away from her face just moments ago.

"It's really nothing..." She gives me a gloomy look to try to subtly tell me 'go away, I'll deal with it myself.'

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" I push her messy bangs to the side and cup her cheek. "I'm willing to listen."

"No, really, Y/n-ah. It's okay." Yoohyeon sends me a bitter smile and pushes my intruding hand away hurriedly. "Go with Yoobin-ah. I'll be fine."

"If you say so, Yoohyeonie." I smile at her and kiss her forehead. "Good night."

"Good night, unnie." Huh... Yoohyeon never calls me unnie since there's only a two-week difference between our birthdays.

"Y/n-ah, I'd like to speak with Yoohyeon-ah for a second." Yoobin walks up to me as I step off of the ladder, pushing me out of the room eagerly.

"Wow, wow. Okay, Yoobin-ah." I laugh and she kisses me on the top of my head. "I'll be waiting for you.

She nods and shuts the door quietly behind her.

...

I'm on my phone in the living room waiting for Yoobin when a I hear a scream from down the hallway. I put my phone down and watch all of the members come out of their rooms to see what the commotion is about while Sua steps out of the bathroom with only a towel covering her. She looks at me before opening to speak, "What-"

A door slams open.

"Yoohyeon! Wait!" I hear someone yell from a room.

I get up from the couch and step into the dark corridor when Yoohyeon brushes passed me in a hurry and runs out of the dorm. Yoobin turns up shortly and frowns at me.

"What the hell happened, Yoobin?!" I ask her with much fury in my voice, wondering why my friend has just ran off into the night.

"I... I just-"

"Y/n-ah, go after her," Minji-unnie speaks up, pulling Yoobin away from me to enter Sua and Yoohyeon's room again.

"I- Wait! What's happened?" I throw my arms up in the air in confusion. I obviously don't know how to handle this situation.

Sua walks up to me and forces me out of the dorm by my shoulders. "She needs you, Y/n-ah. Trust us."

"But I'm still confu-"

"She is too." Sua-unnie glares at me sternly and puts a hand on her hip. She shuts the door in my face and speaks through it, "Now go solve your problems together."

...

"Yoohyeon! Yoohyeonie!" I cup my hands around my mouth to emphasize my voice as it seems to not even wake up the sleeping dogs that are outside. I keep yelling as I walk through the park and to the dimly lit playground. "Yoohyeonie! Where are you?!"

"I'm here, unnie... so stop yelling so loudly." Before I can turn around to find the source of the voice, someone comes up from behind me and gives me a back-hug.

"Yoohyeonie?" I hold the cold hand that lays on my tummy and warm it up with my own hands.

"No, it's a stranger that's feeling you up." Yoohyeon whispers into my ear jokingly before letting out a sour laugh. "Who else would it be?"

"I don't know... I mean, it could've been a stranger that wanted to feel me up." I shrug and start leading us back to the dorm. "Joke aside, what happened back there?"

Yoohyeon doesn't say anything and just nuzzles her face into my shoulder.

"Yoohyeon..."

"It's complicated..." She breaks away from me to look around, looking for passerbys perhaps, then pulls me by my hand to the playset. "Unnie..."

"Yes, Yoohyeon?" I smile at her, pinching her hand as anxiousness suddenly shows up in my stomach.

"When we first met as children... I-I always found you to be breathtakingly beautiful. You were always so nice to me. So gentle and so happy. You always looked at the positive things in life no matter how bad the situation was. You would always find a way to make my bad days better no matter what it took. You spent all of your allowance money just to buy me the candy appa didn't let me get." Yoohyeon pours out genuinely, smiling while keeping her hands clamped over mine.

"Oh. I remember that day." I giggle as I think back to the memory. "Remember what happened before I bought you the candy?" I grin at her when she starts to pout at me. I pinch her cheek and answer my own question. "You threw a fit and cried for a good hour, you big baby. And even after you got your candy, you cried while thanking me."

"Okay! I get it! I was a big baby when I was younger," Yoohyeon rests her head on my shoulder and puts an arm around me.

"You're still a big baby." I play with her hair and she grabs a handful of mine and bites it. "See what I mean?"

"I see what you mean." She sets my hair back down and goes quiet again. "So the thing I was trying to say..."

"Mhm." I pull my dongsaeng closer by her waist and rest my head atop of hers. "Take your time."

"The reason why I ran out of the dorm earlier was because of what happened between me and Yoobin-ah."

"Well... Yeah, but what exactly happened?" I pull away from Yoohyeon and hold her head in my hands, forcing her to look at me in the eyes.

"We got into an argument... about you..." Yoohyeon moves away from me and stands next to the boxy jungle gym.

"What about me?" I am confusion. Korea, explain.

"Y/n-ah, you're so oblivious," the tall child says as she lifts a hand up to hold her face. "I love you."

"Oh..." What? But I already knew this... "I've been knowing."

"Wh-what?" Yoohyeon returns to me, her face close to mine. "What do you mean?"

"I love you too, Yoohyeonie." I embrace my tall child and mess with her hair. "I always have and always will. I love every one of you."

"Of course..." Yoohyeon stops speaking for the tenth time tonight and hugs me back. Her long limbs able to wrap around my small frame almost twice.

The hug that I planned to last shortly actually lasts for a few silent minutes, ending with Yoohyeon giving me a smile and me sending her one back.

"Let's go home, Yoohyeonie."

"Let's go home, unnie."

The two of us start walking home together hand-in-hand. The moon has risen to its peak in the sky while the clouds in the night sky dance away from each other slowly. I feel the cold air whisper into my ear and it causes the hairs on the back of my neck to raise.

"Arrector pili," Yoohyeon murmurs softly next to me.

"Erect what?" I turn my head to the side and look up at her.

She just grins at me.

"Nothing, unnie." Her crescent eyes are emphasized under the glow of the moon and I stare a little too long. Yoohyeon notices too. "Unnie."

"Yes, Yoohyeon?"

Yoohyeon unclasps our hands and takes a step away from me. I raise a brow and give her my full attention. I hear her take a breath before looking into my eyes and speaking again.

"Will you stay with me forever?" She's hiding her arms behind her back like she's keeping a present out of my sight.

My lips tug up at the corners of my mouth and I smile at the taller girl softly. The warmness in my chest increases by a thousand times and I answer her.

"I'll be with you always."


I'm back, kiddos :)