One step forward

Don't be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi feels like she’s on top of the world. 


Her chest feels light and even though it’s already half past 9 in the evening, everything seems clearer than ever. 

She feels like she could do anything- everything.

I’ll move on. I’ll be fine.

Byulyi grins giddily, her heart leaping in her chest.
It’s exciting how hope can make her feel this drunk (or maybe it is because of the bottle- or two? Three? Damn- of alcohol she consumed, really.)

She stumbles to her apartment and types in the password. The lock beeps in negative and she purses her lips in distaste. She squints at the keypad but before she can try again the door swings open.

Jung Wheein and Ahn Hyejin stand at the doorway, unamused. 

(Byulyi is shocked- the two always have showed up randomly for chicken parties and everything but they stopped sometime around Byulyi's fallout with-


No. Byulyi won’t think about that.)

 

‘Why is everyone suddenly coming into my place uninvited?’ Byulyi mutters under her breath and sighs. She jerks her head to the pair in a greeting and ambles forward.

She stumbles and braces herself for the fall, closing her eyes.

But she doesn’t feel the impact.

 She opens her eyes and sees Wheein's concerned gaze. The girl rights her and Hyejin automatically goes toward the other side of Byulyi, swinging her unnie's arm around her shoulder.

The trio awkwardly walk towards the beaten-up couch of Byulyi.

The maknae line set her down gently, but Byulyi pulls them along with her. The two squeal.

‘Thanks, kids.’ Byulyi grins at them, and Wheein wrinkles her nose.

‘You stink.’ Hyejin points out unabashedly. Byulyi’s grin widens.

 ‘And you’re going to have a splitting hangover tomorrow.’ Wheein adds, making Byulyi's grin slip. The oldest shrugs and throws her head back, laughing. ‘Are you going to berate me for getting wasted?’ 

Hyejin throws an incredulous look at her unnie, ‘Nah. You definitely deserved one night of alcohol poisoning.’

‘What we’re going to berate you about, however, is for not inviting us.’ Wheein smiles teasingly at Byulyi. ‘Did you really miss Seulgi-unnie that much?’

Byulyi laughs, ruffling their hair. Wheein leans to her touch happily and Hyejin's eyes narrow but she doesn’t pull away.

‘How did you know it was Seulgi I was out with?’ Byulyi questions, laying down- her head on Wheein's lap and her feet on Hyejin’s. Wheein’s hands drift down to comb through Byulyi’s hair while Hyejin massages Byulyi's sore feet.

Byulyi sighs in contentment.

‘She texted us.’ Hyejin spills, not stopping her ministrations, ‘About you needing someone to look after you.’ She spares the oldest a glance before adding, ‘and we both know you’re a handful, so the two of us came here.’

‘That was sweet of her.’ Byulyi mur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter