Baby steps

Don't be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


(Or Byulyi tries to move on
-keyword: tries)

They talk it out one night, on a red checkered blanket haphazardly thrown across the grassy field of a nearby park, under the light of the moon and the stars.


They talk about Yongsun's romance, and Byulyi's tragedy. The former explains how her love story with Mr. Perfect happened- how their love blossomed like a flower in spring, and how he asked her out after a shoot. The latter nods at the right places, hoping that her pained expression isn’t too obvious.

Afterwards, she confesses how she knew all along how Yongsun felt for Eric, and how it hurt her that the other girl had not confided in her.


‘I’m sorry, Byul...’ Yongsun whispers quietly, and her breath reeks of chicken and alcohol, and Byulyi's pulse quickens.


Yongsun is ing beautiful under the silvery rays of the moon, even with flushed cheeks and messed up hair.


‘I didn’t want to tell you. I was afraid that you’d get hurt.’ She says, and God did Byulyi fall.


‘It’s-‘ not okay. It still hurts even if you didn’t tell me- it hurts a lot ‘okay. I understand. You weren’t ready.’ Byulyi says. Yongsun flashes her the brightest smile Byulyi has ever seen her don.


And with that said, the two finally cut the strings that choked them.


(More like: with that said, Yongsun's finally free to date her perfect boyfriend and continue their perfect relationship while Byulyi struggles with the pieces that Yongsun’s left her with.)

However, Moon Byulyi is still an idiot, but this time she's an idiot trying to move on. She drowns herself in work, and strives to forget about her feelings for Kim Yongsun.


But they’re still talking, of course. Texting, even. But this time, it’s not ‘how are you doing, yeba?’ but it’s more like ‘practice is at 8:00am, I’m going early. What do you three beagles want to eat? -group message from MB' 


I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter