Tentative start

Don't be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi wakes up as something buzzes on her nightstand. 


She furrows her brow and looks at the clock beside and


‘Oh my ,’ she whispers as 11:39am flashes in bold red. She hurriedly tears the blanket off her body and rush to the bathroom, simultaneously brushing her teeth and taking a shower, a skill she has learned back then at high school.


She throws on comfortable clothes and takes her phone, typing in the password. 


(No, no. It’s not Yongsun's birthdate. Surprised? It’s actually the date of MAMAMOO's debut. 

The other members, upon finding out, about it.

‘Too sleazy! It disgusts me ewww’ Wheein complained but a smile signalled she felt otherwise.
Byulyi remembers Hyejin sending her a small appreciative smirk. Byulyi sent one back, too, a small half-grin, sheepish and shy.

Yongsun softened and looked at her with so much fondness she almost melted under her stare.
Byulyi now thinks they were so much better before, when Byulyi hadn’t confessed.

‘-No’, Byulyi berates herself, ‘Don’t think about that. This day is for you. Only you. Enjoy it.’


Finally, she picks herself up.)


SeulBear: Unnie, are you free? Me and my members are having our free day and they left me to rot here huhuhu...


‘What?’ Byulyi mutters to herself, she then looks at the calendar of her phone and feels like a fool.

‘Saturday.’ Byulyi sighs and rubs her temple in annoyance, ‘Satur-ing-day.’

Byulyi glances again at the text of a friend from Red Velvet, Kang Seulgi.

‘Kim Yongsun, this will be the day where I’ll forget about you.’ Wow that sounded too... anime-ish even for Byul, but she means it.

‘This will be nothing but a scar to look at with pride’ (because be honest: moving on is ing scary and totally not easy) ‘and a memory to reminisce.’ Byulyi convinces herself. ‘Fighting, Byulyi!’

She opens her messaging app and types a reply to the girl.


MoonStar: Kekeke I am always free for my cute Seulbear. You feel like getting wasted today? ‘Cause my heart's wounded and I need alcohol to cleanse it.


(Typical Byulyi grease, check. This feels therapeutic, Byulyi thinks, as if she's slowly finding herself again, slowly rediscovering who she was before the storm.)


Seulbear: Who hurt my favorite unnie?!?! (DON’T TELL JOOHYUN-UNNIE THOUGH OR SHE’LL KILL ME...)


‘I would not want Seulgi and her to fight because of this. Damn Seulgi always being overprotective.’ A smile touches Byulyi’s lips- she can really see Seulgi getting mad at her because of this.

It touches her, knowing there are still people who would stand up for her.

So for them, she tries to be stronger.

(She doesn’t mention who, because well, adding fuel to the raging pyromania of drama is something she’s too tired to deal with.)


MoonStar: Someone not cuter than cute Seulbear, that’s for sure! Kekeke who she is is not important. I’m moving on. (BTW OF COURSE I WOULDN’T TELL ON YOU SEULGI-AH! IF ANYTHING, I’M GOING TO BE THE ONE JOOHYUN-UNNIE WILL MURDER.)


Typing that, Byulyi thinks, felt freeing.


Seulbear: Kekeke unnie youuuu~ but yeah! Operation: Cheer Up Byul-unnie, start! Unnie I found this amazing place with good beer earlier, and an amusement park just opened around there... (I APPRECIATE IT BYUL-UNNIE.)


Moon Byulyi smiles at Kang Seulgi's antics,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter