Manque De Chance

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Manque De Chance" (Lack Of Luck)

 

Rain. Nothing but heavy rain could be heard outside, on this cold night of October.

It was the first week and usually the calmest period for every Seoul workaholic or entrepreneur. It was an opportunity for them to relax and take in some strength for the remainer of the year.

But for Sehun it was not the best time. His agent called a few days prior to let him know that he was being let go from IMG Toronto. They felt their path together had come to an end and suggested that he signed with one of their Asian brands instead.

It had already been a week and Sehun did not feel like seeing nor talking to anyone. Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew better than to insist, so soon at least.

They had decided to let him live through this pain first. Knowing Sehun, they all agreed that this was the best solution.

Soojung was meeting up with the boys for lunch after not seeing them for over two weeks. They had all been busy since the party, so it was hard to actually find time to meet up.

Shinhye could not attend because she had personal things to attend to.

She also booked her first lead role in one of TVN's future productions. It was set to be the project that would help her blow up in the industry, after being on a hiatus for a few months.

"Looking stylishly cold as per usual, Soojung" Baekhyun joked. "Blond is really your color though. Let me take a photo."

After earning himself a glare from Soojung, she looked away and waited for him to get his "perfect shot" so that they could finally leave the bar and sit at their table. Baekhyun immediately posted it in his story as they waited for Chanyeol to arrive.

@BaekhyunB: Ignoring me as always.

 

Chanyeol saw the update on his way in and laughed at the caption. He walked up to them and took his seat next to Soojung, smiling at the two.

He immediately turned to her after and asked. "How have you been?"

"Good. Busy. Tired. You?"

"Wow, Jung Soojung admitting that she is tired. Is this growth or what?" Baekhyun joked again.

"Did you come today to exhaust me even more?" She asked the man.

"Absolutely...not?" He replied, unsure.

Soojung smirked and shook her head at her friend. As the waiter came to take their orders, Chanyeol told him they were waiting for a fourth person.

"Who are we waiting for?" Soojung asked.

"Sehun... if he deigns showing up, of course."

"I take it he is still in a state of denial" She reacts.

"And it's getting worse because he doesn't even want to leave his place anymore. At least he was going to the gym last week, but now he is in a complete secluded mode." Baekhyun added.

"Do you think he will come?" She asked.

"Let's hope so." Chanyeol said.

The three friends made small talk while waiting.

"Wait... did you dye your hair for real, Soojung?" Chanyeol asked the girl.

"Are you being serious right now? You're just noticing?" Baekhyun said.

"I thought it was fake-dye just for the party" Chanyeol retorted.

Soojung chuckled at the two bickering friends.

"How does it look though?" She asked after a while.

"It suits you. You look even more mysterious." Chanyeol complimented her.

She smiled and nodded her head.

"I'm planning on cutting my hair next. I'm kind of longing for the short hair lifestyle." She smiled.

"Everything would suit you, anyway" Someone else said.

The three of them looked up and were surprised to see Sehun. He looked at the girl with an insisting stare before walking up to the table. The only seat available was in front of her, so he just naturally sat there.

A wave of silence came over the table.

"I'm not dying. You asked me to come and I figured I should finally leave my dungeon" He told them.

"Thank you for showing up, man" Baekhyun smiled.

"You don't need to thank me. I felt like going out today."

"How have you been?" Chanyeol asked right away.

Baekhyun looked at his friend wide-eyed, as a way of telling him to back off. He didn't feel this was the time for the conversation they wanted to have with Sehun.

Sehun chuckled at the little scene before replying.

"Actually... I'm good. I know I've been weird this week, but I'm back to being normal. I have decided to not let this little set back get to me"

"That's the right attitude, brother" Baekhyun said. 

"What's next then? Are you still going back to Toronto?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Yes. I need to go figure things out there, then decide what my next move will be" Sehun replied.

The whole time, Soojung was silent, looking at the boy. She was trying to perceive any signs of deceiving emotions. She personally felt like he was lying to himself and his friends, but she knew she might also be wrong. So she just listened and waited.

"You're awfully quiet, Sooj'" Baekhyun told her.

She looked at her friend and showed a small smile.

"I was just listening carefully" She replied honestly.

Sehun smiled and nodded his head.

"Same old Soojung. I'm being honest right now, don't worry" He said.

Before anyone could say anything, the waiter came back to take their orders. The rest of the lunch was spent in good spirits and Soojung even let go of herself a bit and enjoyed it.

Sehun couldn't help but look at her every time she spoke, laughed, or even cursed at Baekhyun. At everything she did.

He could absolutely not deny the effect this girl had on him.

He had a hard time finding out why, though. All these years, he felt he had managed to move on.

"Where are you off to?" Baekhyun asked Soojung as they all walked out of the restaurant. Sehun left to go pick up his car while the others waited for him.

"I have a photo-shoot for my book. Gongmyung is actually the photographer, so I'm going to spend the day with him and Shishi."

"A photo shoot?" Chanyeol asked.

"Shishi's creating her profile and Myung is revamping his portfolio, I guess. It's a win win situation."

"He never mentioned anything to me." Chanyeol added.

"Why, did he have to ask for your permission or something?" Baekhyun joked.

Soojung chuckled and looked at Chanyeol.

"Did you need him for something?" She asked.

"No, I am just... curious, I guess. Well, have fun but be careful" He replied.

"What for?" She asked.

"Nothing, don't listen to this old goose. Just go. We don't want to make you late." Baekhyun smiled.

"Thank you. It was nice seeing you, guys. Let's do this again soon and say bye to Sehun for me, please" She said as she hugged them.

They both waved as she got into her car and drove off. Baekhyun immediately turned to Chanyeol.

"What's wrong with you? Why would you tell her to be careful around your own brother?"

"Baek, you know the type of people he hangs out with. I just don't want her to fall for his games."

"Myung would never hurt her, you know that!"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter