Retour

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Retour

(Return)

 

Soojung walked into the after party with Shinhye and Minhyuk. They had left the venue together and gone back to her hotel room to freshen up a bit, before going to the party. Most of their friends and acquaintances were already there, and it was looking great.

Jessica was going to miss the party because of a flight to Toronto with her mother and brother.

"It looks so nice. You've done a great job, Shishi. You're the best!" Soojung said, hugging her best friend.

"You're welcome! I would do this all over again for you and Jess, Jungie!"

"And they're back into their own world, leaving Minhyuk on the side." Minhyuk said out of the blue, making the girls laugh.

"Thank you for coming with us, Minhyuk. It means a lot to me." Soojung said.

"Then it means a lot to me too." He replied.

Soojung blushed unknowingly and turned her eyes elsewhere to prevent Minhyuk from seeing. Shinhye caught it, of course.

"It that my family and Jessica can't be here for the after party. They would have loved to celebrate her success as well." Soojung tried changing the topic.

"She worked so hard. I wish she could have seen the place." Shinhye said, agreeing with her.

"I'll show her the pictures in a few days." Soojung said.

"I can't believe you're abandoning me for a whole week. I wish I could go to Toronto too." Shinhye said.

"Oh, you're going back to Toronto?" Minhyuk asked.

"Yes, for a week to see my dad and do some interviews. And Little-Miss-best-friend right here is annoyed because she has to stay home for work." She chuckled.

Shinhye growled cutely then smiled. She was not really upset, but she was just going to miss her friend at home. 

Soojung smiled and excused herself to go around and greet everyone. Once she was done with her rounds, she sat down at the bar to wait for Shinhye who had gone to the bathroom. She ordered a Mojito, and while she waited for it, three people walked into the rented restaurant. Her eyes stopped at one of them.

Sehun.

 

 

Toronto 2014

 

"Soojung! Wake up! Come here fast!" Shinhye shouted from the living room.

Soojung woke up in a hurry, scared at the sound of her roommate's voice. Shinhye was never that dramatic, ever, even when she really wanted Soojung to wake up early. It had to be something important.

And she was unfortunately right.

When Soojung got to the living room she found her friend crying while staring at the TV screen.

"Shishi, what's going on?" She asked as she got close to her crying friend.

"Soojung..." She said in a shaky voice.

Soojung turned to see what she was looking at that devastated her so much. When she saw the big titles passing under the news anchor who was talking, her eyes widened and she immediately put a hand on , reacting to the shocking news.

'Park Industries' CEO Park Saeron has been found dead this morning at his Toronto Residence.' 'Park Industries' CEO has committed suicide, leaving his family with debts and a whole life of lies.' 'Park Industries' CEO...'

All the titles were the same. Soojung could not believe it. Park Saeron was Chanyeol's father, and they had seen him two days prior, at their graduation ceremony. They could not believe what they were reading.

"Have you been able to contact Yeol?" Soojung asked immediately.

Shinhye shook her head weakly. She was too overwhelmed with sadness to have even thought about that. Soojung ran back to her room and grabbed her phone before dialing Chanyeol's number. She was not sure he was even going to pick up the call, but she needed to try at least.

When her friend answered, her heart broke at the sound of his voice.

"Soojung... Soojung..." He repeated in a hollow voice.

The tears that had threatened to escape from her eyes since she woke up were now completely out in the open. He sounded so lifeless.

"Chanyeol... I am... I don't even know what to say." She said after a few seconds.

"I don't know what to do..." He replied.

"Where are you?" She asked.

"At the hospital. Mom fainted." He said.

"Oh, my God! We'll be there right away. Text me the address."

"Okay."

Soojung was about to hang up, but she felt like saying something else.

"Yeol... I knew him and I know that it's hard on you right now... but I am here for whatever you need. And you know that I mean it with my whole heart."

"I know, Soojung... I know." He repeated.

They stayed like that some more seconds, then she hung up.

As soon as she ended the call she burst out in tears and hugged Shinhye who was in the same state as her. They calmed themselves down and got ready to leave for the hospital.

While Shinhye drove, Soojung tried reaching Sehun multiple times, to no avail. He just was not answering, so she left him a text message asking him to call her back.

The atmosphere at the hospital was horrible. Chanyeol's younger brother, Gongmyung, was focusing on calming their mother while Chanyeol tried to maintain tight security around the area. A horde of journalists was already on the scene, trying to get the first photo and comment from the devastated family.

How could they be so heartless, she thought.

After spending the whole day helping them, the situation had finally calmed down a bit and the group of friends could finally sit down and talk.

Sehun had not answered nor called still, but Soojung was focused on Chanyeol. She wanted to be there for her friend. The next day was also spent at the hospital, with the friends catching some sleep here and there.

"The funerals will take place next week in Seoul. Everything has been arranged for that, but we still have to talk about the financial situation." Chanyeol told his brother.

The two were having a conversation away from the group.

"What are we going to do, Chanyeol?" Gongmyung asked.

He was absolutely scared.

"We have to repay all these people if we want to be able to live with our heads high. We can't let this situation worsen."

"But I don't even have a job, and we have the NBA tryouts soon, and-"

"Gongmyung!"

Gongmyung stopped and looked at his brother.

"If we really had a chance to get into the NBA, it would have happened in high school! Not in college! Now put on your big-boy pants and let's act accordingly." He snapped.

Myung stared at his brother with hurt in his eyes. He could not believe what he had just been told by his own blood. Chanyeol realized what he said and immediately regretted it.

"Myung, that's not-"

"It's fine. I'll get back to mom's side."

Gongmyung turned around and left.

Chanyeol joined his friends, feeling extremely guilty. He told them about the arrangements for the funeral and all of them decided that they would be flying back home to support him.

"You don't have to do that. You've already helped me so much." He told them.

"We want to. You're family, Yeol." Baekhyun said.

"Has anyone been able to reach Sehun?" He asked his friends.

"He is still not picking up the phone" Soojung replied.

The four of them sat there until they were told that the body would be flying to Seoul the next night. Chanyeol would be leaving a few days later so that he could settle everything in Canada first.

In a matter of two days, everything was figured out and the others booked their flights to be able to leave with Chanyeol. Their families were more than understanding, as they all have known Chanyeol since he was a young boy.

The day of their departure, Sehun finally called back. Soojung was so relieved, but at the same time angry when she saw his name on the screen.

"Sehun! Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry, Sooj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter