Nouveauté

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Nouveauté" (Novelty)

 

Sehun woke up to find Baekhyun and Chanyeol playing on his PlayStation. He didn't recall inviting them over, and surely not letting them in. It must have been his brother.

"What are you doing here?" He asked them.

"Ah, Mr. Sleeping-pills is finally awake. Your brother let us in. You know, I think you should go see another doctor for that. Who sleeps until 5 p.m.?" Baekhyun said.

"Someone who doesn't have to go to work, that's who." Sehun replied, a bit irritated.

"Yeah, keep bragging over the fact that you can take a break and we can't. Being a CEO is exhausting" Chanyeol said.

"I don't care. What are you guys doing here?"

"Have you heard back from your agent?" Baekhyun asked, ignoring the question, once again.

"Not yet" He simply replied.

For the first time since he walked in, Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at Sehun. His voice did not sound hopeful at all. But the next minute, they were back to focusing on their game.

Typical.

"I'm sure it's going to be fine! It's just been what? A we-" Baekhyun started.

"Two weeks. I've been here almost three now and still nothing"

"They'll call soon. These things take time" Chanyeol said.

"Yeah, yeah" Sehun responded.

He walked around and stood in front of the screen to block their view. More of Chanyeol's than Baekhyun's.

"Man, move!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Just stay right there, I'm beating him!" Baekhyun said, laughing evilly.

"What are you guys doing here, for real?" Sehun asked again.

Because none of the boys replied, he turned around and unplugged the TV.

"Nooooo!" Both exclaimed at the same time.

"Will one of you reply now?"

"We just came to take you to our place! We're having a party tonight with some friends!" Baekhyun replied.

"Why didn't I know about this?"

"I told Chanyeol to tell you" Baekhyun said.

"I told Baekhyun to tell you" Chanyeol defended.

Sehun rolled his eyes getting exactly what was going on. Like always, he was the last one to know about plans.

He was used to it.

"I'm not in the mood for a party"

"Oh, come on Sehun! All of our friends from U-Toronto will be there!" Baekhyun said, trying to convince him.

It did not work.

"Soojung will be there" Chanyeol added nonchalantly.

Sehun's heart stopped for a second. On one hand, he wanted to punch Chanyeol for using this card on him, but on the other, he wanted to punch himself for letting it have such an impact on him.

"So what?" He tried fronting.

"Please, Sehun. Not with us" Chanyeol said.

Sehun sat down next to them to think.

"I didn't know she was back from Canada." He said.

"She came back yesterday morning, actually. Now, it's not that I don't want to listen to your unrequited love story, but we need to leave. This party is not gonna prepare itself" Baekhyun reminded them.

"Hera and Wendy are already on it, but we've got to get going. So, hurry up" Chanyeol told him.

"Like now, now?"

"Yes!" Baekhyun repeated.

Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes again before fleeing towards his bathroom.

Meanwhile, Soojung arrived at Minhyuk's apartment with Shinhye.

"I hope the place wasn't too hard to find" He said, welcoming them in.

"Not at all. How have you been?" Shinhye asked.

Minhyuk looked at the two girls, a smile on his face.

"Soojung! Wow... It looks great" He said, referring to her new hair color.

"Well, apart from the fact that you've just ignored my question, that's what I've been telling her since yesterday. It makes her look so mysterious and invincible" Shinhye replied instead.

Soojung smiled at her friend, not knowing how else to react to the compliment.

"Thank you guys, but I honestly cannot think of a harder hair phase to handle. I don't even know what to do with it."

"Well, remember when Shinhye cut her hair in High School and it made her look like she was fourteen?" Minhyuk asked them.

"Oh, you're right! She was almost denied the entry of a Senior year exam because of that! Yes, I remember!" Soojung added, laughing.

"Well, I was trying hard to forget... Thanks a lot!" Shinhye sarcastically reacted.

Minhyuk laughed and showed the way to the living room. He then hugged Soojung tightly and smiled as he let go.

"It's really good to see you, Soojung" Minhyuk said.

"Can anyone actually live without me around here?" She joked.

"That's quite the difficult task you're asking there" He chimed in.

The three of them laughed and settled down. They chatted about Soojung's trip to Toronto and naturally, the topic of Haesoo came on the table.

"I think it's about time something happens between you two!" Shinhye exclaimed.

"Come on, not you too, Shishi! How many times will I have to tell you that he is not single!" Soojung cried out.

"I mean, have you seen the chemistry these two have? It's clear as glass that you want to be all over each other. Does he even love his girl?" Minhyuk stayed silent, just listening to the two. "Don't you think so, Minhyuk?" She asked him.

"Huh?... Well, I don't know the guy personally, but if he has got a girlfriend... I don't think we should even be talking about any possibility between Sooj and him"

Soojung clapped her hands, completely agreeing with Minhyuk.

"Finally, someone who makes sense!" She exclaimed.

"We'll see what happens. Are you going to the party later?" Shinhye asked, changing the topic.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. As much as I'd like to see everyone, I'm leaving for a business trip tonight at 9"

"Oh... that's too bad. I feel like we don't get to spend any time together lately" Soojung remarked.

Minhyuk smiled, happy to know that she had missed his company.

"I'll make sure to give you some of my precious time as soon as I come back." He joked. "Who's going to be at the party anyway?" He asked.

"Our entire High-School Senior class and some friends from U-Toronto. I don't even remember half of them" Shinhye admitted.

Soojung chuckled and shook her head at her friend.

"That means that Sehun will be there." Minhyuk noted.

Silence filled the room again.

"I forgot about that detail" Shinhye replied.

"Is it even important?" Soojung asked.

"Is it not?" Minhyuk asked her directly before Shinhye could say anything.

"It's not. This page of my life has been turned a long time ago, so I'd like if everyone left it where it belongs. In the past."

"I feel like it's still very awkward between the two of you, honestly." Shinhye said.

Soojung took a breath in and closed her eyes. She didn't want to lose it again.

"Rightfully so, I'd say. To be honest, you guys make it awkward. Sehun and I have no problem holding a normal conversation, if not for all of y'all prying eyes."

"Fair enough, but Soojung you've been extremely sensitive about relationship topics since the boy came back. Everything about love upsets you. Don't you think it means something?"

It was true that Soojung had been easily frustrated these past few weeks. Shinhye was mostly to blame for that because she didn't help her clear her sometimes confused mind.

The fact that Shinhye kept suggesting her compatibility with this one, then that one did no good to the situation.

"What does it mean then, Sherlock?!" Soojung asked, coldly.

"See? I'm not even saying anything wrong yet. It's like you're trying to avoid something."

"What I'm trying to do is live my life. I want my friends to help me do just that... and I don't think I'm the only person who'd like for their ex to stay away from their new life, am I now?" She said, looking at Shinhye knowingly.

Her friend heaved a long sigh before finally nodding her head.

"Alright, I won't speak about Sehun and you again"

"Thank you very much"

Minhyuk harbored a sneaky smile, looking at his two friends. They were definitely still the same.

The group hung out for most of the day until the girls went back home to get changed.

The Party

The boys had asked their guests to be dressed in black or white.

It was not complicated to find these colors in Soojung's closet, but Shinhye had a harder time finding them in her own. Soojung had to lend her one of her outfits.

It was actually impressive how many dark outfits Soojung had in her closet. Shinhye opted for a white one, in the end.

"Ready?" Soojung asked.

"Let's go!"

The girls departed for the party in good spirit. Soojung was happy to be meeting up with her school friends after all these years. Most of them had left a lasting positive impression on her and she just loved reconnecting with longtime friends anyway. It reminds her of who she used to be whenever she misses that Soojung.

As soon as they arrived, they heard loud music coming from the first floor.

"This is definitely Baek's party!" Shinhye joked, making Soojung laugh.

They made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter