Secret

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Secret" (Secret)

 

December 2016

 

Soojung dropped the last box on their new living room floor and smiled to herself.

"And, we are done! I need water!"

Shinhye exclaimed after pulling that same box in a corner.

"Well, we're not actually done. We need to unpack."

Soojung reminded her. Shinhye whined and sat down on the floor.

"Why do you have to ruin everything for me?!"

Soojung chuckled and sat down next to her friend.

The two of them had decided to move back to South Korea a month prior, and had finally found an apartment of their own.

Living with their families was nice for a while, but they were missing the comfy feeling of one's own home.

A few months before, Soojung decided to work on a clothing line with her sister. Shinhye, on the other hand, has had many love calls from South Korea in the past and was finally planned to sign with a talent agency to manage her acting career.

The decision was a heavy one to make, but the girls felt ready to take the leap. They knew there was much more for them to accomplish in South Korea than anywhere else in the world. Seeing how both their situations fell into place at the same time, they knew this was a sign from above. 

Since seeing Sehun at the airport, a few weeks back, the girls had not spoken about it or even mentioned it. Their focus was solely on finding a place to live and that worked perfectly for them.

Shinhye didn't want to pry too much because she herself, was not ready to speak on her own relationship being on the brink of death. The psychological battle she was having every day with her own mind was enough for her. She did not want anyone else's to add to it.

Yeonseok and she scheduled their engagement party at the fanciest reception hall of Seoul, but nothing was fancy about the state of their relationship at that time.

Not one of them wanted to show or admit it, but the two families could not be farther from one another in terms of almost everything. It was very difficult to agree on anything concerning their ceremonies, knowing that South Korean unions are heavily influenced by families of both parties.

On top of all that, she was dealing with something even more unexpected. Something she still could not even tell her besf-triend, and that could possibly change the course of her life.

She was two months pregnant, and instead of it being a moment of joy with her loved one, it was a moment of endless doubts.

"So, what do you want to do?"

Soojung asked.

"There are many things I'd rather do right now than what I actually have to do."

She replied.

Soojung sighed, remembering the day's schedule. Shinhye had to meet up with Yeonseok and his family for lunch. He was already on his way to pick her up.

"Are you sure you're fine going alone?"

"Yes, don't worry and go to work in peace. I'm not going to be alone anyway, Yeonseok will be there with me."

Shinhye said.

"It's not like he's been very helpful to you lately! The Oh boys tend to be absent when you need them most..."

She said, without thinking. Shinhye didn't say anything. She didn't want to make the moment even more awkward.

"Anyway, let me know how it goes when you get home. You'll probably find me here when you come back."

She added.

"Thank you, Sooj."

Her phone blipped, showing a message on the screen.

"It's him. He's in front of the building."

Shinhye informed her friend.

"Alright, let's go."

They locked the flat and made their way out of the building together. As soon as they saw Yeonseok's car, they walked towards it.

"Hi, Yeonseok."

Soojung said while Shinhye got into the car.

"Hey, Sooj'. How are you?"

He asked.

"I'm good. Ready for war?"

She asked back.

"Haha... It's not a war."

"It sure feels like one."

Shinhye added, earning herself a stare from her fiancé. Sensing the tension, Soojung let out a sigh and a nervous chuckle.

"Well, I'm going to be on my way. See you later"

She said.

"Where is your car?"

Yeonseok asked her.

"Left it at my sister's. I'll just take a Uber, don't worry."

"Are you sure you don't want us to drop you off?"

Shinhye asked.

"I'm good. You guys have fun!"

She declined.

They waved at her then drove away from the parking lot, in silence. The tension was so high that it could give anyone vertigo.

"How are you?"

Shinhye finally asked.

"I'm good... Just tired from work. Being an entrepreneur is not easy every day."

"I get it. Make sure to get enough rest though. I don't want you to burn out."

She said, sounding concerned.

Yeonseok smiled, hearing the love in her voice. It had been a while.

"Did you go to the doctor about your migraines?"

He asked.

Shinhye had been having a lot of migraines and vertigo from the pregnancy, but she couldn't tell him that.

"Ah, yeah... He said it was just fatigue."

She lied.

"I see. Make sure to get some rest too."

Shinhye smiled, feeling guilty about lying to him.

 

Present Day (October 2018)

Shinhye got back home just in time to take a quick shower and get ready, before Soojung stopped to pick her up. They were going to visit Shinhye's parents in Incheon.

She grabbed some snacks for Soojung to eat on the way, because she knew how her friend often skipped lunch, being too absorbed with work.

"I'm so tired"

Soojung exclaimed as Shinhye got into the car.

"Do you want me to drive?"

Shinhye asked.

"No, it's fine. You'll drive on the way back"

"Here, these are for you"

She said, handing the snacks.

"Hmmm, you are the best!"

Then the two of them started their little trip just like they did every two weeks. Always in a comfortable silence.

Forty minutes or so later, Soojung parked her car in front of an imposing gate. They had arrived.

"This house impresses me more every time"

Soojung said.

"That makes two of us then. The fact that I lived here when I was little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter