Désolé

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Désolé

(Sorry)

 

Soojung was sitting front row at the Jimmy Choo show, enjoying every bit of it. It was the third day of the Seoul fashion week, and she was alone this time. Jessica had a Calvin Klein private showroom in Hong Kong and Shinhye had an audition.

At the end of the show, she noticed two familiar faces at the back of the room and walked up to them.

"Bumping into each other twice in a week, that's a record-breaking coincidence." She said.

The two men turned around and smiled at the sight of her face.

"Jung Soojung. Or should we call you, Krystal Jung at work?" Baekhyun .

She chuckled and hugged both the guys. She was glad to have found some people she knew.

"How is it going so far?" She asked them.

"Great. We only have the Chanel show left tomorrow, then we're done. What about you?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well, this is technically my last show, but Jess and I are launching our first ever collection in two days. This is our big break."

"Oh, wow. Really? That is absolutely incredible! Congratulations, Soojung." Chanyeol said. "Wait, there is someone who'd love to see you! Where did he go?"

"Soojung, this is great news!" Baekhyun quickly said interrupting Chanyeol.

Soojung looked at him weirdly but just brushed off the odd feeling.

"Thank you. You guys should come if you have some time on your hands." She suggested.

"In two days we have-"

Chanyeol started saying but was cut off by Baekhyun, once again.

"We will be there. Send us the details on Instagram." He said.

Soojung smiled and thanked them before they left for their next show. She waited for her driver to bring the car around and went straight to the studio where a team of faithful tailors was working hard to adjust all the last pieces for the show. Their mother was seeing over everything while they attended the fashion week, and it helped keep up with the fast pace of things.

"Hello!" She exclaimed as she walked in.

"Hello, Boss!" Everyone replied together.

It had been a habit of theirs for the past five months of working on the line together. Soojung smiled and walked up to her mother.

"Hey, mama."

Mrs. Jung hugged her younger daughter then patted her head.

"How was the show?" She asked.

"It was nice. How is everything going around here?"

She sat at her desk and took her jacket off. She checked her croquis and sketches to make sure that everything was on point.

"Pretty good. We're going to be able to finish earlier than planned. We just have to adjust the last couple of outfits."

"Are the two last models here yet?"

"Not yet, but they should be on their way by now." Mrs. Jung reassured her.

She nodded her head and stood up to check the changes made. She walked around and fixed whatever needed to be fixed until she no longer had anything to do.

"They're still not here, Mama."

"Who?"

"The two Finale models. This is going to be a problem, because all the outfits have to be sent tomorrow evening, and we won't have time to change anything if it does not fit."

"Alright, let's figure something out. Kahi, I think Krystal and the female model have the same mensuration. Try the piece on her."

Soojung wondered why she had not thought of that earlier and realized once again how important her mother's input was.

The rest of the evening was spent ironing and labeling the clothes for the next day. Jessica flew back home the same day, then Shinhye and she joined them to help out, very late at night. Everything was finalized in a very short amount of time because the girls had spent long thinking of the collection they wanted to make.

Shinhye and Soojung stopped at their favorite restaurant to have dinner before heading home. They were too exhausted to cook that night, and both were in the mood for a fancy meal.

"How are you going to do if the male model does not show up?" Shinhye asked her friend.

"I'll have to close the show without a male model." She sighed and passed a hand through her hair "How was your day anyway?" Soojung asked her best friend.

"Good. I am pretty confident about this one."

"That's nice. I should attend one of your auditions, one day if I'm allowed."

"I can work something out. Probably after the show, when you have more time." Shinhye concluded.

The two girls started eating and informed one another of their respective lives until a waiter came with a bottle of red wine for them.

"Oh, we didn't order wine..." Shinhye told him.

"It's from the gentleman at the back. He said it was for old times' sake." He replied.

Both girls turned around to check who was the man in question, but he had his back facing them.

"He is handsome!" Shinhye exclaimed.

"What the hell? How can you tell without even seeing his face?"

"His back looks charismatic! Can't you see?"

"Shishi, you impress me more by the day..." Soojung said, taking the bottle of wine.

"I thought you were not going to drink it!" Shinhye said.

"You can't waste good wine." She took a sip of the wine and her eyes widened. "If there is one thing I can say about him it's that he knows how to choose his beverage. This is exquisite."

"Exquisite? Really, Soojung?" Shinhye laughed.

The two women finished their dinner with a light heart, even forgetting about the stranger who bought them a whole bottle of wine. But not for long.

After they paid for their meal and exited the restaurant, a tall and handsome man walked up to them

"I hope you enjoyed the fine wine, ladies." He said, making the two girls look up.

They could not see the gentleman's face directly, because he was almost two heads taller than them. When they finally did, both girls gasped in surprise.

"Minhyuk! Oh, my God!" Soojung exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?!" Shinhye asked.

They both pulled him in a tight hug. They were so happy to see him.

"What are you doing in Seoul?" Soojung asked again.

Minhyuk chuckled and passed a hand through his forever naturally messy hair.

"I got a job at a software company as a senior accountant and moved back three months ago. I am still trying to adjust to the city."

"Why didn't you contact us?" Shinhye asked.

"I didn't know you were back in Seoul. You know I'm not very social media-savvy, and last time we checked in you were living the life in Europe."

"Yes, we moved back almost two years ago!" Soojung replied.

The three of them talked for another thirty minutes before exchanging their new numbers.

"We have to get some rest for tomorrow, but please come to the show!" Shinhye said.

"I'll try my best. It was nice seeing you girls."

"Likewise. Thanks for the wine." Soojung said.

"Yeah, it was very exquisite." Shinhye joked, earning herself a flick on the arm from Soojung.

Minhyuk didn't understand what the whole thing was about, but he knew better than to ask these two what was going on. They have always been living in their own two persons-world for as far as Minhyuk could remember.

"Alright. Take care of yourselves, girls."

They bid each other goodbye and went their separate ways. Once they were alone in Soojung's car, Shinhye immediately jumped on her favorite topic: Soojung's love life.

"What was that all about out there?" She asked her friend.

"What do you mean?" Soojung asked back.

"That chemistry. You two were oozing ."

"Ew, Shishi! Minhyuk is my friend!"

"He has been my friend for that long too, but there is surely not the same tension between us."

"That's because you say stuff like this!" Soojung reacted.

Shinhye laughed and leaned back against her seat comfortably.

"I'm just saying, you two would look good together. Minhyuk is a great guy."

"He is." Soojung simply replied.

"But?"

Soojung stayed silent.

"There's no but, he really is a great person..." She said after a few moments.

Shinhye smiled and closed her eyes. She liked that answer.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter