Commencement

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Commencement ( Beginning )

 

"It's so good to see you again, Haesoo! How is it going?" Mrs. Jung asked.

She had come to pick the two up from the airport, then headed to their house. She was so glad to see Soojung with Haesoo as she always thought they made one good looking pair.

"I hope you've been well, Mrs. Jung. My mother wanted me to greet you for her." He replied.

Mrs. Jung smiled fondly and nodded her head.

"That is very sweet of her! I need to stop by the bakery next time I'm in Seoul. Her pastries are still the most divine!"

Both Haesoo and Soojung chuckled at her remark. Her mother had always been a very expressive person, and they were both used to it.

"She'll be happy to know that. I will tell her as soon as we speak."

"That would be lovely!" She continued."So, what are the plans for this trip?" She asked.

"I'm going to spend as much time as possible with Daddy. I haven't seen him in so long."

"Make sure to squeeze in some time for Haesoo too! Your dad is going to be here all the time, but it's Haesoo's first time in Toronto! You need to show him around."

Soojung rolled her eyes and leaned against her seat, waiting for the next remark to come up. There was always more when it came to her mother.

"Are you two finally dating?" She asked.

"Mom!" Soojung exclaimed.

She definitely was not expecting this one.

"I'm asking Haesoo."

"Ahem... Mrs. Jung..." Haesoo started.

"We're not dating. I told you he has a girlfriend! Now, would you please stop trying so hard, Mom? It's getting weird." Soojung replied.

While Haesoo looked taken aback still, Mrs. Jung was shocked to be told about a relationship that didn't involve him and his daughter together.

"Well, what a waste of good genes" She said.

"Mom! You don't understand, do you?"

"I'm sorry, baby! I won't say a word about this anymore... Promise."

Soojung sighed again, knowing perfectly well that it was the beginning of a very long week. She would just have to be patient, for the sake of her dad.

"We're home!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed, pulling into their driveway.

As soon as they stopped the car, Jaehyun and Jessica came out of the house, followed by a very smiling Mr. Jung.

He looked so happy.

"Hello, my baby!" He said, hugging Soojung.

"Hi, Papa! It's so good to see you!" She said.

She hugged her father tight before turning to Haesoo.

"Honey, you remember Park Haesoo, right? You met him at Soojung's welcome home banquet in Seoul, two years ago." Mrs. Jung said.

"Of course I remember. And I am still a huge fan. You're incredibly talented."

"Oh, thank you very much, Mr. Jung. I appreciate it." Haesoo replied.

All of them walked back inside the house with a bag. Jaehyun helped Haesoo to his room while Soojung went to hers. She was sharing one with her sister for whenever they came home.

Jaehyun was the only one who still lived with the parents as he was still going to college in Toronto.

They both freshened up a bit then came back to the living room.

"How was your flight?" Jessica asked them.

"It was fine. We slept through most of it." Soojung replied.

"You did, but I couldn't. I don't know why."

"I never sleep during my flights. I don't know why either." Mr. Jung reacted.

The two of them looked at each other and smiled. Mr. Jung liked the guy too, but all he cared about was if Soojung was happy.

And she looked happy.

 

 

 

 

Paris, April 2015

 

"Shishi, we need to leave now or we're going to miss our flight!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Jeez!"

The girls were on their way to the airport to catch their flight to Seoul for Chanyeol's father 1st death anniversary.

They really wanted to be there for their friend, and Shinhye had insisted that they did more than just send their regards.

Soojung knew she also wanted to see Yeonseok, who lived in Seoul now. They had been talking for a few months, but none has had a convincing enough reason to come see the other until now. 

This was their occasion.

"I'm so lucky Dana let you leave! She's such a nice boss!" Shinhye exclaimed as they boarded the plane after checking everything in.

"Well, I only have a few days."

"But we're going to make the most of it!"

"Shishi, you know that we're going for a memorial right?" Soojung asked.

Her friend was obviously out of touch with reality. Or at least she acted like it.

"I know... I just don't want to bring more sadness than there already is. I want to be a source of joy to them." She replied.

Soojung contemplated the answer before nodding her head. She had misjudged her friend for a short instant, but Shinhye was indeed the most genuine person on earth.

"Off to Seoul, we go!" Soojung exclaimed, trying to sound chirpy.

Shinhye laughed and shook her head. The two friends then started their trip back home in a very delightful ambience. Once they landed in Seoul they could finally relax. They were home after a year and it felt good.

"I can't wait to see my family" Shinhye exclaimed as they exited the airport.

A car was waiting outside to take them to their rented condo. They were there just for a few days but wanted to have a bit of privacy still.

"We'll call Baekhyun once we're home" Soojung said.

"When is the ceremony happening?" Shinhye asked, checking her phone.

"I think it's in the morning, tomorrow. Should we go say hi tonight?"

"I think that would be nice. Dibs on the room with the jacuzzi!"

Soojung chuckled and shook her head.

"I wasn't even planning on using it" She replied.

"It works out for the best then!"

The two girls settled in their apartment, where each took care of her own business before gathering in the living room to leave for the Park's residence.

Soojung had called a Uber for them. The whole ride to the residence, Shinhye looked tensed. Soojung knew it but being her best friend, she also knew that asking about it would only make Shinhye more nervous.

Plus, she already had an idea of what this was all about.

"Relax. You look too tensed, and everyone will be able to tell" Soojung finally said as they rang the bell.

"You think so?"

"You look pretty. It's going to be okay. You've known Yeonseok almost your whole life, don't get nervous now"

"It's not the same. We're grown now" Shinhye explained.

Before Soojung could reply, someone opened the door for them. It was Baekhyun.

"My girls!" He exclaimed, pulling both of them toward him. The girls laughed as he hugged them.

"It's so good to see you." He added.

"It's good to see you too, Hyun. How have you been?" Shinhye asked.

The three of them walked towards the living room.

"I've been good. I've started working for the Seoul Arts Gallery. It's going pretty well"

"That's great, Baekhyun. I'm happy to know that it's working out for you" Soojung said.

"Thank you, Soojung"

They went to the living room where Chanyeol and his mother were waiting. Mrs. Park's face lit up as soon as she saw the girls.

They had both kept in touch with the woman throughout the entire year, because they could feel how hard it was for her to lose her husband, so suddenly.

Mrs. Park was forever grateful to them.

"Mother!" Shinhye exclaimed, hugging the woman.

"My girls! I'm so happy to see you!" She responded. "Soojung!"

"Yes, Mother. How have you been?"

"Good. I'm doing good."

Soojung and Shinhye smiled before turning to Chanyeol. He had stayed off the radar most of the year, trying to figure out what to do about his future, often ignoring his friends' calls and messages.

They didn't blame him, of course. They understood.

"How have you been, Chanyeol?" Soojung asked first.

"Good. I hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter