À Coeur Ouvert

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
À Coeur Ouvert (With An Open Heart)   "Are we ready to go?" Jessica asked as she walked back in. "Yes!" Shinhye exclaimed. Soojung shook her head at her best friend and her sister. She did not know why Shinhye was always so formal with Jessica, even though the former had assured that she just wanted to be respectful. "Alright, let's go." Soojung followed the two women out of the apartment and to the parking lot. Her car and driver were already waiting for them, so they just jumped in and left within minutes. "So, it's the Moncler fashion show. It's an easy one because we actually wear their brand. The interviews will be smooth." Jessica said. "How many shows do we have today?" Soojung asked. "Only two. It's a fairly free day." She replied. "What's the other one?" Shinhye asked Jessica in return. "Dior." Soojung nodded her head as Jessica briefed her about the rest of their week. Jessica was her partner but also a sort of agent, in charge of getting them the gigs. She has worked in the industry as a High-Fashion stylist and columnist for seven years, but her dream had always been to be able to create clothes with her sister. Now that their big break-out moment was close, Jessica wanted everything to work out. Soojung listened and checked her social media accounts at the same time to get her mind off of her nervousness. Her sister and she had a very strong fan base because of the previous photo-shoots they had done with famous brands in the past. Before starting their own line she needed to be introduced to the public and to the industry, so Jessica thought that a few pictorial for Korean brands here and there would help. They hadn't expected the response to be so grand, even landing them big magazines' spreads and covers. Jessica is the face and creative director of the brand, and Soojung the designer. Together they make a great team. Shinhye was also checking her account when she came across Sehun's most recent post. She gasped and tried to hide her phone away, but Soojung had already seen the familiar face on the screen. She chuckled and shook her head at her puzzled friend. Soojung was not following Sehun on social media, but from time to time she would see his face pop-up on her search page because they had the same friends and he was that famous. She had already seen the photo and knew that Sehun was on his way back to South Korea. It just didn't mean much to her. It had been four years already, and it seemed like there was nothing left for her to feel about him. "We've arrived." The driver said. "Ready?" Shinhye asked. "Yes, I am" Soojung replied. Soojung had become able to handle her interviews with intelligence and class, in the blink of an eye. She smiled and looked very comfortable in the limelight. Jessica, who was also doing some interviews behind her, could not be prouder. Shinhye waited for them inside and as soon as the sisters joined her, she grabbed Soojung's arm. "Chanyeol is here with Zhang Yixing." She told her. Soojung looked in the same direction as Shinhye and noticed the two men sitting a few steps away from where they stood. "It's normal. They are CEO's of two of the biggest retail companies in East Asia, so of course, they're going to be here." She reacted. "I still find it unbelievable that Chan ended up working in an office. Do you remember how he used to love Basketball? Whatever happened to those dreams?" She said, more to herself. "Well, things and people change. It's not given to everyone to live off their dreams." Soojung responded. "Are you referring to Sehun right now?" Shinhye asked. "Shinhye! Please, let's stop with the Sehun references. I only see two working men over there, doing what we're also here to do. Can we agree on that and move on?" She was not planning to snap at her best friend, but it just happened that way. Shinhye looked offended for a second but quickly recomposed her face. "As you wish." She said, releasing Soojung's arm and walking to her seat. "Nice job, baby sis..." Jessica said sarcastically. Soojung sighed and turned back to check the small pamphlet she had grabbed on her way in, then walked to her own seat. She really did not have time for all of that.     Toronto 2014   Sehun and Soojung dropped their stuff in her room before heading to the living room to have lunch. "What did you do this week?" He asked her. "Oh, Minhyuk came back for a week, so Shishi and I hung out with him like old times." "Oh, Minhyuk is back?" "Yes, but he is leaving tomorrow. We're supposed to meet later today for a farewell drink." Sehun nodded his head but something did not sit well with him. He didn't want to raise an argument so he just let it go. "You're coming with me, right?" She asked him. "Ah, I don't know. I was sort of hoping that we could stay in tonight." Soojung looked at him with a confused expression. "Minhyuk is leaving tomorrow. Let's just go say bye then come back if you want." "No, I think I'm going to sit this one out. You can go and wish him Goodbye for me." He replied. "Sehun..." He just continued eating without adding anything. Soojung sighed and dropped the topic. She was not going to ditch her friends knowing that one of them was leaving for God knew how long. She would just come back earlier than planned to be with him. They relaxed for the rest of the day until Soojung started getting ready. When she came out of the bathroom, Sehun looked at her and forced a smile, but he didn't say anything. Soojung seemed disappointed, but she knew that he was only being moody so she made the effort to ask. "How do I look?" Sehun looked again and nodded his head at her. "You look nice." He said with no emotions. Soojung sighed and grabbed her bag. There was no point in arguing with him when he sulked like that. She thought she would just have to make amends for it later. "Thank you. I'll see you in a bit. Love you" She said as she exited the flat. She knew he was only going to answer half-heartedly, so she did not wait for his answer. She jumped in her car and drove to Dewies, a small bar/restaurant downtown. Shinhye and Minhyuk were already waiting for her, so as soon as she arrived the small party could finally start. "Where is Sehun?" Shinhye asked. "He is a bit tired from traveling. He apologizes for missing it, though." She explained. "It's fine, I totally get it. You could have stayed with him, you know." Minhyuk suggested. "I'm going to leave a bit earlier than planned. He can manage without me, don't worry." She reassured him. The rest of the night was fun. Soojung felt good hanging out with her friends, and it relieved her from whatever odd feeling she had been feeling since Sehun came home. She could not explain why, but he felt distant. When it was time for her to leave, she bid Minhyuk goodbye. "Stay in touch this time, okay?" She told him. "I'll try my very best. It was great spending this week with you two." He said. "The night is not over yet, young boy. We still have some time before I go home." Shinhye said, making them laugh. She had had a few flavored drinks, so she was in a brighter mood. "Alright, you guys have fun! I'll see you at home, Shishi. Be careful." "I'll take care of her, don't worry" Minhyuk reassured. "I trust you." She bid the two Goodbye again and got into her car before driving away. When she got home, Sehun was watching TV. "I'm back" "How was it?" He asked, turning the TV off. He sounded happier than when she left. "Nice. I left them to enjoy the rest of the night" Sehun pulled her down on the couch towards him and hugged her. "I'm sorry for being moody earlier" "It's okay" "I really missed you and I love you so much" He added. She smiled and pulled away to look at him. "Always keep that in mind, alright?" He continued, sparking her curiosity. "What are you trying to tell me?" She asked straight.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter