Explosion

Je Ne Vois Que Toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXPLOSION

(Explosion)

 

Present Day (December 31st 2018)

 

It was finally B&E's grand opening and the girls were more than excited about the milestone they were about to check off of their achievements' lists. They had put so much work and heart in their collection that they were certain of its success.

Doing it on New Year's eve was also a way for them to have a good time with their friends and loved ones before ringing in the new year.

"By this time, people must be arriving at the venue"

Jessica said, checking her social media accounts.

"The place is already almost packed. Most of your friends have already shown up!"

Shinhye said, showing her the videos posted by some guests.

"Soojung needs to hurry back home! Why is she taking so long?"

Jessica asked.

"I don't know, but I can't wait to discover her big surprise."

At that time, someone could be heard opening the door.

"Close your eyes, please!"

Soojung shouted from the other side of the door. She asked the girls to get ready and wait for her in the living room, because she had a surprise for them.

"Soojung, please, we don't have much time!"

Jessica exclaimed.

"Close your eyes and be patient, sister!"

Soojung replied.

The girls obliged and held their breaths for some reason. Soojung was not the type to ever ask for any type of attention, so for her to ask them to wait, it meant that it was something big.

She walked in, dropped her stuff and finally told them to open their eyes. As soon as they saw her, the two women gasped for air. A practically new Soojung stood in their living room.

"So? What do you think?"

She asked, looking at them.

"Soojung! What!"

Jessica exclaimed.

"Oh my God! When?"

Shinhye asked.

"This is what took me so long. Tell me what you think, already!"

"I love it! It looks great!"

Shinhye said.

"Thanks, Shishi!"

"I guess, new year, new you!" Jessica joked. "You look beautiful"

"Thank you, sister! Okay, give me five seconds to get dressed, then let's get moving! I can't wait to see everyone's reaction!"

"They're going to be so surprised."

Shinhye said.

"Alright, hurry up!" Jessica added.

After half an hour, Soojung was ready and they could finally leave for the event.

After a short ride, Shinhye stepped out first, leaving the girls behind for their red carpet entrance. She walked into the building and was immediately shocked.

The girls had put so much work into the boutique and didn't let anyone see it beforehand. Shinhye was discovering it, just like everyone else, and she was impressed.

"I know, right?"

Someone asked, making her turn around. Naeun stood there with a bright smile on her lips. Shinhye chuckled and hugged the girl.

"It's so good to see you, Naeun-ah! Where is Taemin?"

"At the back with all the boys. I'm too busy checking out these fabulous clothes!"

"Everything looks fantastic! I'm genuinely bluffed."

Shinhye added.

The girls chatted a bit before it was finally time for Jessica and Krystal to make their entrance. The two sisters could be seen through the glass doors, taking photos together.

As soon as they stepped into the building, an explosion of cheers welcomed them. They were the queens of the hour.

"Thank you!"

Jessica exclaimed while a shy Soojung smiled and nodded her head at people.

They followed Jessica's assistant to the nearest media corner and were given a microphone to express their feelings.

"Hi, everyone! I'm Jessica and this is Krystal!"

"Welcome to our first boutique, Blanc&Eclare Seoul!"

Soojung added.

The cheers continued while the girls greeted their partners and collaborators. It was a very emotional moment for them both, but being professionals, they did not let too much of it appear.

After some business mingling, they split to meet their respective friends. As she approached hers, Soojung was welcomed with applause, once again.

Being a shy one, she smiled and moved her hands in the air to tell them to stop.

"Soojung, this is awesome!"

Taemin told her.

"It really is!"

Naeun added.

"Thank you so much, guys. Thank you for coming, all of you!"

"We wouldn't have missed it for the world."

Shinhye replied as she hugged her best friend.

"Thank you for coming, boys."

Soojung told Chanyeol and Baekhyun. She smiled and moved her head as if to showcase her new hairdo.

"Soojung! Oh, my God! I didn't even pick up that you had cut your hair! Wow!"

Naeun exclaimed, exaggerating for her friend. The whole group laughed at her silliness before turning back to Soojung.

"You look nice with this new hairdo. It suits you."

Chanyeol said.

"Oh, compliments from the CEO! Hire me, then!"

She joked. Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head playfully.

"I really like short hair on you. I guess everything suits Soojung."

Baekhyun added.

"That's exactly what I told her! Lucky B$$ch!"

Shinhye said, faking annoyance.

The friends complimented Soojung's hair while she looked around. She had quickly picked up on why Sehun didn't show up, considering the way he had been treating her for the past weeks. She didn't even want to ask about it.

"Where are Kai and Gongmyung?"

Taemin asked.

"In Hawaii. They're there for work and couldn't make it back home on time"

She replied.

"But let's not let it ruin our night. Let's enjoy this incredible moment!"

Shinhye interjected. Cheers were once again heard, lifting the mood up. The friends continued to enjoy the party and have fun until it was time to say goodbye. The girls wanted to share one last message with their friends and guests.

"First of all, thank you again for showing up to our Boutique's opening! We are so happy and touched to see so many familiar faces, here to celebrate our work. It's been a hell of two years; brainstorming, creating, crafting this brand, but looking at all of you right now makes it all worth it! Thank you! A hundred times!" Jessica started.

Soojung took the microphone and cleared .

"Well, my family and friends like to say that I'm a talented public speaker, but I beg to differ. Do they even know me at all?"

She continued, making everyone laugh.

"We do!"

Baekhyun replied.

Soojung giggled and looked at her friends with malice.

"Then again, maybe they're right. I don't think I'm talented, but I believe people like honesty and sincerity. So, that's what I always go for... Last time I made a speech like this was during our college graduation, almost five years ago. I talked about fear of the unknown and all those things people like to throw under the carpet and forget about... Well, I turned the carpet around and faced all of mine when I moved back home, two years ago. When everything was telling me to back up, I kept moving forward. And that was all thanks to the support from you guys. So, to see you here today just makes sense."

She paused for a second, taken by a wave of emotions. She looked at a crying Jessica, then around the room again. That's when she saw him, standing right by the door, looking directly at her.

Sehun.

Quickly recomposing herself, she continued

"Some of you witnessed all of my most important moments, and some not, but all that matters is now. So, thank you for being in our now. We love you!"

She finished.

The room exploded into rounds of applause and congratulations. It was filled with love and support, and the girls couldn't have asked for a better turnout.

They hugged and accompanied people to the door, one by one, thanking them for their time. As time went by,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter