Honeymoon period is over

You Are My Lucky Star

We had been so busy that Chaeyoung and I have been video calling for the past month. She was busy preparing for the comeback, world tour and filming of Blackpink's reality show. On the other hand, I was busy with preparing for my assessments and coaching these trainees.

We had planned to meet on Saturday but I was coped up with work, taking on on extra shifts with the influx of training schedules as everyone wanted to look their best for their showcase. My colleagues and I were overworked training all these kids, looking into their nutrition profile and fitness plan, tailoring it accordingly to their needs. Boy, these kids sure do know how to complain whenever they don't see instantaneous results. 

I called Chaeyoung to postpone our date but all my calls were going into her voicemail, "hey Chaeyoungie, I can't meet this week. I will be off this Monday. Meet you then."

I ended work at 6pm when it was supposed to be half-day. I was so tired that I had to go back to my apartment by private hire and literally dragged myself to the sofa. I collapsed onto the leather couch, not realising that my phone was buzzing constantly. 

----

I woke up to the sound of my alarm but it was soon cut off and what greeted my sight was her, Chaeyoung, with a totally different image. Her hazel brown hair instantly turned blonde, her bangs traded in for long side-swept fringe and she looked thinner than before such that her fluffy cheeks were much less visible. 

"Oh my, what happened to you?" I was shocked at her new image. I remembered that she still had her hazel brown hair though we just video-called a few days ago. 

"I just came here. I called you a few times yesterday but you didn't answer them. I was worried sick about you yet it turns out that you were knocked out." I could sense her annoyance. I guess she must be mad that I cancelled our date. She put my phone down on the side table and sat beside me.

"Hey, don't worry, I was just really tired from work yesterday. You know how kids want to look their best during their debut and assessments. I'm sorry for cancelling yesterday. You must be tired as well after training yesterday but you were looking forward to our date. I'm really sorry," I tried to explain myself but I sounded so apologetic that she couldn't stay being mad at me.

"At least tell me that you were busy with this. I thought you used work as an excuse." She sighed and leaned on my shoulder.

"I wouldn't do that. Sorry for not being clear. I will tell you next time." I hugged her and snuggled into her neck, taking in the scent. I missed it so much. 

"Alright," she grinned, feeling tickled. 

I loved being here with Chaeyoung but I had to go to work. Sighs. A few kids had scheduled a few sessions with us and we had to split the work or else we would not be able to leave by lunch time. I kissed the crown of her head and stood up. "Work? On a Sunday?" she asked with a puzzled expression.

"Yea, they needed more staffs. You were once a trainee yourself, you would know how kids love to schedule their day with whatever free time they have," I teased. She's hardworking in nature, I was sure that she had done the same. She looked shepishly embarassed but I just ruffled her hair before goijg to my room to freshen up and get changed.

"Anyways, don't you like my new look?" she said coquettishly, while twirling her hair, as I walked out.

"You look so different, I would need some time to get used to it." I was taken aback by this question. I was surprised by her looks but it was a refreshing one. I decided to play along.

"You don't find me pretty?" She then baited her eyelids.

"It took a minute for my eyes to adjust, but now, I can totally roll with it. You are really pretty and hot," I winked.

She just hit on my shoulder playfully, walking away. 

I could sense that our honeymoon period is coming to an end and we would be bickering like an  old couple. 

"Did you go a diet? You look so slim," I continued the conversation onto to YG.

"Not really," she shrugged. 

"Come on, take care of yourself. I know you look great but take care of yourself." I nagged at her. 

"I will. Let's meet for lunch later, shall we? I don't have work scheduled today." She reassured me. I nodded at her response. 

---

We met for lunch and she was showing me all the pictures she took for the MV shoot. She looked so happy showing all the still images of her and the group. The pictures turned out amazing especially the one of her in the car. She brought out all the emotions in that one scene. when it came to pictures of her dancing, gosh the outfits were rather revealing. I frowned and asked, "did they give you these clothes?"

She nodded and smiled as she sensed the jealousy in my tone, "I look good right?"

"Sure do, and even better if the clothes covered more skin," I muttered and took a bite of my noodles. 

-----

A few weeks passed and the teaser pictures were posted online. It went viral all over internet but as usual, scruntinising all the pictures to make sure that nothing much is exposed. 

Gosh she looked gorgeous. But the outfit was too revealing and I took a screenshot, sending it to her, asking why she had to wear that. 

Chaeyoungie: The coordinator passed it to me and I have to wear it.

Me: But look, it's exposing too much, the midriff and the legs. 

Chaeyoungie: It's nice though

Me: Ok, you do look really pretty. Wait, that's not point.

She sent a laughing emoji and I rolled my eyes. She is definitely enjoying this conversation. I could imagine her melodious laughter and her grin so wide that she used her hand to cover it.

Chaeyoungie: Alright, most of our outfits are revealing.

Me: Alright but dont wear those that expose almost everything. I know that 2NE1 used to film

I sent an emoji of a girl and a finger pointer 

Chaeyoung: Oh come on, that is uncomfortable.

Me: Glad that you agree

----

"Hey, you seem to be having fun in the US. Enjoy your world tour but remember to take care of yourself."

I left her a few texts and voice messages. It felt like dejavu, where we are back to square one, like few years ago. I know she is busy working and also spending time to wind down but the lack of update is driving me insane. Yet, she is quite active on her social media. That was how I know that she is alright at the other side of the world. I always updated her once a day and always ask for her well-being. At least I did my part as a significant other. I sometimes hoped that she would do the same but the differences between us is what brings us together. I have given up on us once and I don't want to repeat it again. I try to have faith in this relationship and just hope she feels the same way too. 

---

Rosé POV

I was scrolling through my instagram and I saw that a trainee posted a picture of her and my boo. 

Damn it. She looked so happy and is touching my property. I am furious and I immediately dialled her.

Why isn't the call getting through? Damn it. After a rings, I heard the familiar and sweet voice that I always love. 

"Hey, Chaeyoungie, what's up," I could hint a sense of excitement. I guess I have not kept in touch with her for a long time. Hearing her voice calms me down and I can never be mad at her. The lack of update from my end had made me feel ashamed, "I'm great. It's so fun and amazing in the US. I love the late night talkshows, Disneyland and Coachella. Coachella... It's the best stage ever! I am living the dream of Hollywood stars." I went on and on about my work trip and totally forgot about the main purpose of the phonecall. I guess this is what people mean by compromising. 

"Glad to hear that you are having fun. Apparently a trainee posted a picture of me and her on her social media," she confessed. Literally the best girlfriend, considsrate and honest.

"Yea I just saw it. It's fine, it means that you are doing a good job at work," I tried to reassure her that I am fine. It's not like the pictures taken here were as conservative. Many US stars put their arms on us when we take a group picture.

"I just hope internship is over. I can't wait to go back to London." She continued the conversation.

I was curious as to why she wants to go back when I am actively promoting in Korea. I asked in an indirect way, hoping that she gets the hint. Please stay... "Aren't you going to accept the contract from YG?" 

"London is still my home. I love it here but I mean once we survive this, we can survive any long distance relationship. Anyways, I don't even know if we would last really really long, you know," the last part was hushed but I could hear it. 

I can't believe it, isn't fate and me enough reason to stay? Come on, don't disappoint me... "I know that you love your home and you wouldn't leave your family. But this relationship is hard to come by and being able to reunite again and make things right once more, means that it is a sign that we should continue being together forever and ever." I tried to convince her. I really want us to be together no matter what. We lost many years, I don't want us to be just a series of short-lived relationship.

"Hey, I love you and I do want to spend the rest of my life with you. But you know that I am always uncertain about the future. I will embrace the present and cherish it. Hey I love you. Rest well ok, don't overthink or worry. Good night since it is night time there right?" She said with conviction. At least my heart is settled, not somersauting with all the answers that I did not want to hear. From now on, I will treat her right. There is really a lot to learn about in a relationship. No wonder love makes people grow spiritually.

"Yea it is. Love you." 

"Hey, hang up the phone."

"No, you hang up first."

"Alright, just put your phone beside you. I will hang up once I hear your snore."

"Hey, I don't snore!" 

"Fine, your deep breathing."

I chuckled and did exactly what I'm told and fell into dreamland. Fights do make us stronger. It makes us realise that we care enough to fight. 

-------