Trouble

You Are My Lucky Star

Spending time with her was the happiest time of my life but everything came crashing down when she received an audition letter from YG. Even though I was really proud of her for getting a personal audition offer from one of the Top 3 Kpop agency in Korea, it was a turning point for us. Our relationship took a turn for the worse. We barely chatted with one another, at most was communicating through text. We were too busy with our own lives to even catch up with one another. It was before my High school graduation that I decided to break everything off. I always never liked to feel abandoned. She did reach out to me a few times after I broke up with her but I ignored everything. I even changed my phone number and deleted all my social media accounts. 

In a short span of 2 years of training, she eventually debuted as a member of Blackpink in 2016. It was all around the news and no one could miss it, even at any part of the world. My friends were totally talking about the new YG girl group and it was hard to ignore everything and her, Roseanne Park. I had to pretend that I didn't know her but my best friend, Kelly, realised that I flinched whenever I hear her name and confronted me. 

"Do you know Rosé?"

"Who doesn't know her, isn't she part of YG's new girl group?" I feigned ignorance but my best friend managed to see through me. 

"Don't lie to me, you obviously know her. I could see you flinching at her name and getting all jealous at people calling her hot and other compliments about her and her body." 

"Fine, we were together back then. It was aeons ago. She was my first love." I closed my textbook and packed my bag. 

"Hey, you guys are over already and anyone can say anything about her. She is not yours. Like you said, it was ages ago, so just move on," Kelly was trying to catch up with my speed. I was trying to walk back to my dorm. 

I just waved my friend away and walked back.

"She is not yours... so just move on," those words just kept repeating in my head. I just couldn't accept it. I thought she was the one. My love, my life partner and my soulmate.