Fate

You Are My Lucky Star

-January 2019-

I am currently in my final semester at King's Cross University, studying nutrition and dietitics. At KC, every student has to go for their industrial attachment during their last semester. I didn't expect myself to be very "lucky" to intern at YG as a personal trainer. Wow, talk about meeting her real soon. Man, fate must really be playing with me. Like they always say, God works in mysterious ways.


I decided to talk to my lecturer about my industrial attachment. I went to the teacher's office and I managed to catch him at the lift lobby. He was engaged in a phone call. After he was done with it, I approached him, "Sir, can I not be attached to YG during my internship?"


"What's wrong?" He looked really puzzled.


"Nothing Sir, I just wanted to stay in London for my final semester," I tried to sound firm. 


"There is no other option. You are one of the many students that applied for overseas industrial attachment, you made it through many interviews. You earned that spot. I cannot believe that you of all people are giving up on this great opportunity. You learnt Korean as a foreign language, you can't decide on nutrition or health and wellness, so this spot is just for you. I hope that you would reconsider it carefully again," he reasoned, sounding adament, but he has a point.


I thanked my lecturer and as I spun my heels to hit the library, but my lecturer asked one more time, "are you sure that there is nothing bothering you with regards to your placement?" I assured him that I was worried about being homesick and that was all. I couldn't possibly tell him that my ex is a YG artiste.


Fast forward to a month before the attachment program, I will be going to YG. I was nervous about everything. From the culture, the people and the thoughts of seeing her again. Damn, it has been more than 5 years, isn't it?

The first few days in Korea was pretty amazing. I settled in quite well. My mentor brought me around the town, trying out the food, enjoyed ourselves with all the entertainments, lastly, telling me awesome deals whenever I needed to get my daily neccessities. All my worries were thrown out of my head.

During this period, I was living on my own. I had the entire apartment to myself and it was just a 10 minute walk away from the company. Perks of being in YG. Good company welfare.

Today was my first day of internship. I was really excited, finally being able to do something that I like. Helping people to get that ideal body not just through exercise but also through food. Food actually plays a huge role in maintaining a good physique actually, can't fathom how can people workout like mad with little fuel.

I wore my Nike sweats and a plain white dri-fit shirt. I threw a grey jacket over it and walk out of my apartment with a backpack and my favourite grey Nike. My colleagues were really friendly, greeting me and even gave me a compliment for coming in early. I decided to help out with the maintenace of the gym equipment while waiting for my mentor.

When my mentor arrived, she brought me around the workplace and briefed me on my duties. It sounded really managaeble and I also got my first project. Apparently, YG is debuting a new group this summer and I am helping 2 of the members in their diet and fitness. The 2 boys are skinny and tall, like G-dragon and Song Mino, the company wanted them to buff up a little. Hmmm, sounds like they need more proteins, less carbs to starve the fats and feed the muscle. At least 20 minutes of cardio and 1 hour of strength for 5 days. I went to show my mentor after planning out the fitness regime and meal plan. My mentor was quite impressed and made a few changes to it. The rest of the morning was spent by completing admin work before waiting for the trainees to come in the afternoon. There were idols and some older trainees that didn't have school that popped by the gym and we made sure they didn't play a fool or to give advice when needed.

Soon, it was lunchtime and they decided to bring me to the famous YG cafeteria. While walking there, my eyes was caught staring into someone's hazel brown eyes. Those eyes were so familiar. From the eyes, I could see the change of expression, surprised to relieved, my brain then slowly registered the person's face. Roseanne Park Chaeyoung. She did change a lot back then, her black hair was replaced with the bright blonde hair, she became much skinner and that warm smile that she used to flash at me was replaced with a small, shy smile. I was flustered and went into a panic attack, I didn't know what to do but my brain had a mind of its own. I told my colleagues that I had to run some errands, turned around almost immediately and ran like the wind as though it was a reflex action. 

My heart couldn't stop thumping. I placed my right hand over my chest. These feelings are still there... I couldn't believe it.