My Lucky Star

You Are My Lucky Star

A/N: Hi guys! Just a short story cuz my Rosé is wrecking my Kpop bias list. Enjoy!

--------

"Chaeyoung ah! It's midnight! Oh yes, time to view my results," I was actually lazing around with my girlfriend, Rosé, in bed while waiting for my results. Her head was laying on my right shoulder, my hand was caressing her silky raven hair, I would sometimes play with her bangs. She was looking at her phone, probably scrolling through her instagram post while I was looking at my Facebook newsfeed as I waited for my email notification. Yes, I am someone who is worried about doing well because: 1. I worked hard for this exam and 2. I want to study in Australia after High School, as Chaeyoung is from Australia and she is here just to accompany me during my school holidays. She is also having her semester break and why not spend it together. 

Some of you may be wondering how did I even meet her? I met her through one of the most cliché ways, online. Yep, I chatted with her online through instagram DM. I didn't know what had gotten into me to DM her. I still remembered what I texted her "Hey, you are really pretty :) Hope that you have a nice day!" I was attracted by her etheral beauty and after contemplating to myself whether or not I should even compliment her. My hands had their own will and crafted that short message and the best of all, I hit the 'send' button immediately after typing that message. I still remembered that within minutes, I have received a reply, "Hey there, thank you for your compliment. Have a nice day ahead too. Hope that you would follow me back! I want to get to know you too. You are pretty as well ;)" I was so shocked that the goddess actually replied to my message. Omg, I was jumping up and down like a little kid who had gotten her favorite treat. After that fateful day, we DM-ed each other daily and even exchanged phone numbers to chat through Whatsapp. Once we were comfortable with each other, we were also face-timing and eventually we became a couple albeit having a long distance relationship without meeting each other in real life.

It was a Friday while we were discussing plans about our semester break. She had been wanting to meet me but I couldn't fly to Australia because my break was packed with projects, club activities and I didn't have the money to fly there. Chaeyoung on the other hand, had her sem break blocked out as she planned to visit me without me knowing until a day before her flight. Yep, she is rich. Her parents own a few plots of land and orchards in both Australia and New Zealand. She also sells her music that she had worked on in school. Hahahaha look at me, a Biology major that is struggling like a fish out of water but I am glad that she doesn't mind my background. She is really a huge catch and I really treasure her. 

Every since she came into my life, I had been on a lucky streak. My parents started to talk to me more, I had the confidence to talk and mingle with my classmates, becoming friends with them after 2 years of being the most quiet girl. Chaeyoung always gave me great advice and I really appreciated that. With Chaeyoung being successful, I had to work even harder as well. After dating her, the library had became my second home. Even though I was going crazy to learn everything, she always motivated me by singing a couple of songs while I was face-timing her and even sends clips of herself singing at random places like the elevator. I too, had became her emotional support. Since it was her 2nd year of University, her projects had been piling up like crazy during the semester. She needed a lot of inspiration for different genre of songs. She even used my notes to make a song. How interesting, a biology song and she had gotten a distinction for being unique and she had also posted it on YouTube, racking in millions of views. While we were still getting to know each other, she was having a bad relationship with her then boyfriend. He cheated on her and she needed someone to talk to about her problem. It was painful trying to console her while liking her but her ex was still a douchebag. Luckily, she ended her relationship with the guy who didn't deserve her at all. 

"OMG, well done! Only 5As and 1B! Great job honey!" She hugged me and kissed me on my cheek. I was so shocked at my results and the only word that came out of my mouth was, "wow." 

After gathering back all my senses, I hugged back and kissed at the side of her head, placed a longing kiss there and sniffed her mild yet sweet strawberry scent, saying, "Thank you, Chaeyoung, you are my lucky star."

"It was you who worked hard, my dear," she gave me the brightest smile and I felt a pair of soft and tender lips on mine, gave a smooch and it lasted for at least a minute.

I will cherish her forever because I still believe that she is my lucky star. 

-End-