Our Starting Point

Dream

Author’s POV

The two had a staring contest that only God knows how long it took one of them to finally make a move.

“T-thank you for saving me, Jeongyeon. Seems like I owe you one today, huh?” Nayeon said from the bottom of her heart while looking dearly at Jeongyeon. She can’t help but to feel conscious to their situation.

The latter, in the other hand, don’t know what he’s supposed to do. His hands are still holding Nayeon’s shoulders. The girl has her sweetest smile plastered all over her red face that Jeongyeon can’t do anything but to stare at her pouty lips.

“You're so beautiful.” He muttered all of a sudden without thinking and it caught Nayeon off guard. Even Jeongyeon can’t explain why he said that. In the end, the two both felt a rush of heat going on their cheeks followed with uncontrollable fast heart beats.

Having a hard time with the awkwardness, Jeongyeon finally made the next move this time and cleared his throat. “W-what I meant to say is … you’re welcome, Nayeon.” He lowered his head and let go of the girl’s shoulders. His mind’s not in the right condition to think straight, he has Nayeon to thank for that.

The bunny girl held the latter’s hand and chirped, “It might be a little too sudden and unclear, but I was thinking that you don’t seem to be a really bad guy so … how about starting again?” Jeongyeon was speechless once again. Not just because of the girl’s unexpectedly kind words that keep pulling him back to the memorable times in his past, but also because of Nayeon’s lovely genuine smile.

“Hi, my name’s Im Nayeon. Let’s forget about what happened earlier and be friends, ok?” The girl shook his hand while showing her famous bunny teeth smile.

Jeongyeon gulped at the moment he capture the gaze of the girl in front of him. His heart was beating fast and his mind was only filled with Nayeon’s smiling figure. He really can’t explain everything that’s happening anymore, but he’s so happy. This time, Jeongyeon is the one who smiled genuinely.

“That’s totally cool for me. I’m Yoo Jeongyeon. Nice to meet you, Bunny-ah.” Unknown to Jeongyeon, Nayeon’s heart was already beating inside like a bullet train. “How about I walk you home?” He added while looking away.

“Sure.”

Jeongyeon was about to retrieve his hand when the girl pulled him and clung over him arm. “Protect me, ok?” The latter was surprised at the girl’s action and proximity, but either way, he just nodded with a smile and they left the place. The drunken man, who’s completely knocked out, was long forgotten.

‘I guess tasting my own medicine wasn’t so bad.’ Jeongyeon thought as he secretly looks at Nayeon from time to time. Under the illuminating light from the moon, Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked their way home without the awkwardness surrounding them anymore.

“This is my stop.” Nayeon said as they finally reached her house. On Jeongyeon’s side, he was a little disappointed since it’s the end on their moment together, but he never showed it. Instead, he just nodded and patted the girl’s head.

“Be careful, ok?” Nayeon said and the latter just hummed in reply before turning around to his destination. As he took his steps away from the girl, Nayeon yelled out something that made him smile like he just won a ticket to Hawaii.

“Let’s have lunch together tomorrow if it’s okay to you.” Her face was in faint pink but she looked down to cover it from Jeongyeon. The latter was really lucky today. Thankfully, Nayeon was busy looking on the floor or she’ll see how big his smile is.

“Sure.” He coolly said even though he's partying like crazy MENTALLY. “Have a good night, Bunny-ah.” And he finally leaved the girl who’s looking back at him in both delight and surprise.

‘Gosh, it feels like I’m going crazy. Just what are you doing to me, Yoo Jeongyeon?!’

‘This is the first time I ever felt this and it’s wonderful. You’re really despicably mysterious yet very cute and irresistible, Im Nayeon.’

It became a sleepless night for the two of them. Unknowingly yet surely, their hearts are tying its knot together. The fate that they both didn't expect but took in dearly is starting.