Reunion

Dream

Mina’s POV

Last night, Chaeng asked me to go out with him at the mall because he has a surprise for me. I quickly accepted it since I'm actually looking for something to wind up myself after having these never ending days of practice for almost a week. I won’t say I spend an hour choosing a nice clothes to wear … I kind of know that he’ll appreciate whatever I wear anyway. ‘Just kind of, ok?’

I’m now on my way to the mall, riding a local bus, when I received a text message.

From: Leader Dancing Moguri
To: Black Swan Minari

‘Hey, I just wanna remind you that our school fest is in four days and I expect you to rest and conserve your energy. Don’t stress out too, ok? We’ll have our last practice before the day of the festival.

And before I forget, you and Smol are going to perform together, right? Jihyo told me that she didn’t receive you guys’ stage presentation request. Better write it up or our Thomas will be forced to remove you two.

That’s all. Take care, Penguin. Have a nice date with Chaeyoung, haha!’

After reading Momo-san’s long text, I quickly gave him a reply with blushing cheeks.

From: Black Swan Minari
To: Leader Dancing Moguri

‘Got it, Captain! Don’t worry. We'll handle it. Just tell Jihyo-neechan to wait a little more. She’ll understand it anyway.

Thank you for reminding me. Take care too, Leader! And we’re just going out as friends!’

Right just after I send my reply, the bus stopped at my destination. Without any further observation, I immediately know who’s sitting on the nearby bench of the mall’s parking lot.

‘Chaenggie.’

He doesn’t seem to notice my presence. His eyes are closed while peacefully listening to the music on his headphone. “This guy really loves music while I love dancing.” I mumbled before moving my face so near at his.

We’re just away from each other for an inch or two when I pinched his nose. He scrunched his face a little before opening his eyes. My heart beats uncontrollably as we both stared intensely. I can’t help but to look over his innocent eyes.

He blinked first and quickly looked away. His cheeks were blushing hardly that it make me want to laugh, but I definitely can’t right now. Not now that I’m just as red as he is. We’re both mute for too long that we didn’t notice the awkward position we are in anymore.

We were busy on controlling our crazy hearts when we heard a cough beside us.

Trying to take that as an opportunity to sweep away my thoughts of Chaeyoung, I quickly turn my head to the right, only to be surprised by a very familiar grin from someone who’s really dear to me and Chaeyoung.

“Jeongyeon-oppa?” My eyes widened more as he walked near me and patted my head.

“Long time no see, Minari. Did you miss me?” He said in Korean before going to Chaeng's side and laying an elbow over the latter’s shoulder. “I’m sorry if I kind of ruined your moment there. I didn’t mean to add some EXTRA spice for you guys’ staring contest.” And like always, he’ll laugh on his own corny joke. ‘It will always be a self-compliment for him and Chaeng.’

“Not another independent support, Jeongyeon.” A cute voice coming from a beautiful girl, which is definitely a Korean and older than me yet doesn’t look like tho, came to Jeongyeon’s side and slapped the back of his head.

“Jeez, not another sermon from a kid, Nabongs.” He said while caressing his head as he look back at the older girl, who only stick out her tongue at him. Suddenly, I feel an unknown atmosphere between Jeongyeon and the girl he’s with.

“Uh, guys? Why do I feel like I’m left out?” Chaeng suddenly blurted out of nowhere as he stood up and walk to my side.

“Haha, come on, guys. How about we continue our small reunion inside the mall? Nayeon and I are hungry, and I think you guys feel the same, right?” Jeongyeon-oppa said.

We nodded and started walking into the building. “I’ll also introduce you to this girl later. I know you’ll like my girlfriend.” Jeongyeon simply said with his arm encircling the Korean girl, a wide grin plastered over his face.

“G-girlfriend?!”