Not Good

Dream

Nayeon’s POV

I know that my boyfriend is hesitating since I tend to mix up something ridiculous whenever I’m telling our story to someone. But since this is his childhood best friends, I won’t do it this time.

“We’re more like Tom & Jerry, to be honest.” I begin. “To me, it was not what I actually expected to experience and have in my college days. It all started with an argument that turned into something lovely.”

(Flashback: 3 years ago in JYP Academy, Seoul, South Korea…)

It was my first day as a college student. Due to too much excitement, I got inside the school a little too early. I was waiting patiently inside my assigned room when someone goes in with a stoic face.

Author’s POV

A very tall guy came into the room, taking the bunny girl’s attention. He kindly bowed in respect as he took a seat at the fourth row desk near the windows.

Being a talkative person, Nayeon feel awkward not long after the quiet seconds that passed by her and the other student. Cannot contain the awkward atmosphere anymore, the girl approached the guy and cleared .

“Hi, I’m Im Nayeon. Nice to meet you!” Together with her trademark bunny teeth smile, she raised her hand for a shake. It took the guy a minute to reply.

“My name is Chou Tzuyu. I’m Taiwanese and my Korean is still not good, so sorry for the inconvenience, Nayeon-noona.” Instead of taking the girl’s hand, the guy stood up and bowed again.

“Aish, stop with the formalities. We’re classmates and about that awkwardness, it’s fine. Don’t worry too much, Chewy.” Nayeon smile brightly at the latter. Tzuyu was contemplating if he’ll continue talking or not. He’s not that great at socializing and the older person talking to him just called him in his kid name.

“A-actually, I’m just 14 years old. I skipped a lot of grades because of this brain of mine. I’m very glad that you started a conversation though, thank you so much.” Tzuyu’s face showed a hint of shyness as he lower his head.

“Aigoo, so I’m going to have a young genius guy as a classmate. It’s no big deal, you know? From now on, I’m your friend and noona to go with. Share things with me anytime and you’ll always have my support to anything. I can also help you with your Hangul and Korean.” The smile never left the girl’s face as she ruffled Tzuyu’s hair.

“Thank you so much, Noona.” The latter finally smiled without the awkwardness he’s been emitting earlier. Nayeon thought it was adorable.

“Let’s go into the covered court. I bet it’s already full of students.” Without waiting for the latter’s answer, Nayeon held his hand and dragged him out of the classroom.

Once they reached the court, Nayeon quickly spotted a pair of vacant seats for them in the front row. She continued dragging the already exhausted Tzuyu with her. The girl was about to take a seat when someone beat her into it first.

“Yah, that’s my seat!” Nayeon yelled at the guy. The stranger looked at her coldly, sending chills to her skin till her insides. But since she’s fighting for something, she shrugged cold feeling and glared at the guy.

The stranger raised his left brow before speaking arrogantly, “Really? But I don't see your name here and if your blind then as you can see, there’s a vacant seat right just next to me.” A smug smile appeared over his dry lips.

Nayeon was starting to get pissed off by the guy’s arrogant attitude, but she decided to stand her ground in a most composed way she can even when Tzuyu was already trying his best to hold her back.

“FYI, I spotted it first. It was supposed to be MINE and Tzuyu’s seats, but it seems like Satan wants to spoil my happy day and sent you to take OUR seats.” The guy only smirked at Nayeon which successfully made the girl to finally lose it.

Before Nayeon could even spit fire, Tzuyu cover and carefully pulled her away. He glared to the guy while the former did the same. “I really want to say sorry for how she acted but your own action itself stopped me to. Cocky people are the one I hate the most.” Both of them are as cold as ice but no one flinched.

Tzuyu’s gaze left the guy who finally loses his smirk and was replaced with a poker one. As the two walk away from the scene, Tzuyu added, “Rushing over with things is wrong, but adding salt into the wound cause consequences.”

That moment, the stranger’s face stoned together with every muscles tensing up on what he heard.