Busy

Dream

Mina’s POV

Just a few more weeks and our finals are about to come. Chaeng and I are spending less time with each other. We both understand it though. He’s busy with his studies and so do I. But at the very least, we never forget to consult and check one another. Whenever we have a chance to, we’ll also sneak away some time to spend together.

Today, we decided to study together in the library. He was busy sketching a landscape with a theme about city in night time while I'm taking some notes for my next ballet presentation and also some plans for the upcoming festival. I need to perform perfectly this time.

“Hey, the festival is in a week, right?” Chaeng suddenly asked out of the blue as he put down his color pencil.

I looked up and giggled when I saw him making some weird faces while balancing one of his pens between his nose and upper lip. He’s really childish and a serious dork sometimes. ‘Well, it’s cute anyway.’

“Yeah, why?”, “Nothing, I just thought that if we could perform something together for the stage program.” I stared in horizon for a little while to think about Chaeyoung’s suggestion. After a good one minute, I smiled and held down my book.

Author’s POV

“Ok. Let’s go perform together.” This made the latter grin. “I know that you’ll definitely agree on this!” Chaeyoung playfully pinched the Japanese girl’s nose. Mina gently swats it and started poking the latter’s dimples as revenge. It happens now and then, and it will always do for Chaeyoung and Mina.

Their little face poking and pinching battle was interrupted by the Dance Club’s president, Momo. “Hello, Mina-shi, Chaeng.” The two greeted back and let the eldest take a seat.

“Sorry for disturbing you two, but the club are going to gather up for a meeting and as much as I don’t want to be a fun stealer, I really need Mina to be with us so … Smol. Can I borrow your girl for a while?” Momo said.

Mina was blushing and Chaeyoung frantically waved his hands in the air, “Haha, o-of course! I d-don’t mind at all.” Their reaction made the Japanese boy laugh. ‘They’re so cute, seriously. This is why I love teasing them.’

“Ok, then I'll be expecting our swan to be in the base at 4:00PM sharp. No need to rush so go spend some more time for you two’s giddiness. I’ll take my leave now … MiChaeng.” Momo’s last word before he left made the two speechless. They can’t believe that the Hirai Momo will also proclaim them as a couple like how the other students does.

Chaeyoung and Mina stared at each other before looking away. Before it became even more awkward, Chaeyoung cleared his throat and picked up his sketchbook, showing his artwork to the quiet girl.

“M-Minari, how is it? Was it good or should I add some more details?” The red haired girl turned her head and smiled. “Of course, it is good. No, it’s the best. Well, all your works are amazing … to be honest.” Her voice lowered, losing the enthusiasm due to embarrassment, gaining the latter’s chuckle.

“Ok, if you say so.” The latter pinched the Japanese girl’s cheek before arranging his things. “I’m done with mine so just poke me or kick my short legs if you’re also finished. I’ll just listen to some music to clear my mind, okay?”

The girl nodded and Chaeyoung gave his weight over the chair’s backrest. Plugging his earphones in, he closed his eyes as the song start to play. Without him knowing, Mina was already done with her work and is now just staring at him.

“How I wish that my feelings will reach you. I’m tired of dreaming that we're a couple. I want it to be real instead.” With a heavy sigh, Mina kept observing every inch of the latter’s sleeping face.

“I hope my dreams will come true. I dreamt where I can say what I really felt for you and you'll do the same. If I need to be honest, then I don’t want you to be my best friend anymore, but a lover who’ll be there by my side until the end.” She silently confessed as tears slowly dropped from her beautiful eyes. It was a silent sob that Chaeyoung would never know nor see.