Another Friend

Dream

Nayeon’s POV

If it’s not because of Tzuyu, I might have exploded and everyone will see something very embarrassing that can turn into sick gossips later.

“Thank you, Chewy. I was about to mess up big time there, sorry.” I lowered my head as I heard him sigh. “It's fine, Noona. We all have our snapping point, just please don’t do it in front of many people.” His voice is so calm and humble. He patted my head while I just kept my mouth shut.

We’re now sitting on the almost farthest row away from the stage. ‘It but I can’t complain now, can I!?’

“I might do the same, you know? That cocky guy sure was irritating as hell.” Knowing that there’s someone to side with me right from the start got my mood up a little. I look up at him and smiled. He turned to me and gave a small smile too.

“A-annyeong.” A girl standing beside Tzuyu called out rather shyly. ‘Her cheeks are blushing. She doesn’t look like Korean and even her ascent, though she’s really pretty.’

“Is there something you need?” Turning stoic again, Tzuyu asked the girl monotonously. “I-I just want to ask if this seat is r-reserved.” The girl pointed at the empty chair beside Tzuyu. My friend looked at me first, asking if it’s fine.

“Why not? I don’t see any more vacant chairs anyway.” I brightly answer which made the girl's face lighten up. “Thank you so much! I’m Minatozaki Sana, your Japanese girl next door.” As if every embarrassment from her system was gone, this Sana girl chirped and ended her introduction with a wink.

I noticed Tzuyu’s left eye twitched before smiling forcedly. Without any warning, I pinched his side, making him yelped in surprise. “What was that for?!”, “Nice to meet you, Sana-ah. I’m Nayeon and this tall kiddo here is Tzuyu.”

Ignoring the latter’s outburst, I took Sana’s hand and mercilessly pushed Tzuyu off his chair. “Sorry for being rude but girls like to seat beside each other. Thank you for your consideration, Chou.” I grinned deviously. Since he’s a lot younger than me, he can’t do anything but to groan as he took a seat on the chair beside his prior one.

“Don’t mind him, Sana-ah. Let’s focus in front, the ceremony’s about to start.” My new found friend nodded and we all looked at the stage as the principal started his speech.

Author’s POV

The trio made their way into the hall once the ceremony ended. Since Sana’s still in her Senior Years, she needs to go to the other building, leaving Tzuyu and Nayeon on their own, but not forgetting to remind them to have lunch together later with her.

Nayeon and Tzuyu were nearing their classroom when they saw a familiar figure staring at them before going inside the room. The latter looked at the older girl, searching any sign of her being uncomfortable and such.

“It’s okay, Chewy. I can deal with him if he ever does something funny. Don’t worry, arasso?” Tzuyu just hummed as a reply to what Nayeon said as they both walked into their room.

The room was quickly filled with students until the homeroom teacher finally appeared.

Nayeon’s POV

“Ok, listen up everyone! I'm Moon Byul-yi ,or Moonbyul if you want, and I’ll be your advisor for the whole year. I hope for your consideration and cooperation since my subjects are Arts and Physical Education. I’m cool with being friendly too. So this might be a little old but since it’s our first day, I would like you guys to introduce yourselves in front one by one. Starting from you, please begin.” Our professor’s way of talking is near to rapping but either way, he's so cool.

We all started the introduction. When it’s the turn for the guy from earlier, I can’t help but to look at him as he walk in front of the class.

Before he sat back on his chair, he turned his head and stare right at me. I stiffened out of surprise. The way he looked … it was not a cold gaze but just a simple gaze, as if he's about to imply something. ‘Am I caught red handed? Why is he staring back at me? Please, his looks are killing me.’ I gulped at the thought.

Why do I feel intimidated at your eyes, Yoo Jeongyeon?!’