Saved By Yoo

Dream

Nayeon’s POV

After a couple of hours full of nothing but lecturing and more, it’s finally lunchtime.

“Gah, those introductions of topics really scared my brain cells. I didn’t know studying to become an Idol could be this hard!” I whined as Tzuyu and I walk our way to the canteen. I kept complaining here and there while he just hummed at me, completely not minding my constant tantrums.

We meet up with Sana on one of the empty tables, who already ordered random foods for us, and had our lunch happily.

As the three of us eat, I can’t help but feel like someone is staring at me. It chills me out especially when I searched around and find nothing. “What the hell is happening to my day?” I mumbled. “What?” Tzuyu suddenly asked, making me lose my grip on the spoon.

“N-nothing!” He looked at me as if I suddenly grown two heads for a second before shrugging away. “You've been acting weirdly, even though you actually ARE weird. Try to calm down a bit, Noona.” He then munched his burger again. I pouted.

“I-I just thought, why are you studying acting and such rather than something more brainy stuffs?” I asked. Half because it really does confuse me and the other is to divert my weirdness I’m sending to him.

He stared down to nothing and cleared his throat. “It’s actually for someone. I thought of picking Doctrine or Military but for some personal reasons, I turned towards another direction and choose this. She doesn’t really like me doing this but I can't listen to her too, so … here I am. I’m fine with it now since you showed up.”

I smiled and ruffled his hair. “Wow! Chewy’s sacrificing his dream for his love. How romantic~!” He pulled away before I can pinch his cheeks, but sadly, Sana beat him. “You’re such a sweet guy even though you’re just fourteen. I bet that girl is older than you, right?”

“No, I’m not! She is older than me but it’s not like that, ok?!” Tzuyu yelled, losing his usual composed self, while trying his best to escape from me and Sana’s teasing. The weird feeling of being watched was long forgotten.

After another couple of hours, it’s finally time to go home. “I’ll wait for Sana-noona since we live in the same area. Are you sure you’ll be fine going alone?” Tzuyu asked as we reached the main gate of the school.

“Yup, don’t worry about me. I can handle things just fine. Have faith on your noona, will you?!” I hit his shoulder before showing a pretty embarrassing fighting stance, trying my best to convince this giant dongsaeng of mine.

“Arasso, take care.” He shrugged and turned around. I bid my goodbye and begin to walk my way home.

I was peacefully absorbing the nice breeze of my neighborhood when I felt someone held my arm. As I turn around, a drunken old man was the one who’s holding me. “H-hey, wanna have f-fun with me~?” He groggily said and I scrunched my nose at the foul smell coming from his mouth.

‘Geez, a drunken person on a broad daylight? Seriously?!’ I was struggling to free myself from his grip when someone suddenly punched him hard in the face. The drunken guy flew away from the strong impact.

I was rooted on the ground because of what just suddenly happened. “Hey, are you ok? Are you hurt?!” A voice of a guy welcomed me together with his rough yet careful hands over my shoulders.

‘Why is he here? Did he just save me? He’s not mad at me anymore?’ I was inside my train of thoughts when he shook me gently by my shoulders. “What’s wrong?! Why aren’t you answering me?! Come on, say something!” I sensed the panic and worry on his words that I unconsciously smiled.

“Jeongyeon.”