Chapter 3

Long Way to Meet You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a big gallery full of art pieces, from paintings to sculptures and today it seems bigger than usual due to the fact that there are not many people visiting. It is workday after all.

They have expected it thus the number of staffs positioned are kept low and so on the contrary to the empty gallery, the staff room is packed by the remaining staffs who are waiting for their next shift.

One of them, a girl with jet black long hair which is tied into a bun is sitting around the corner with her hands busy massaging her foot. She has been positioned since the earliest shift and has just got the chance to rest now.

"Seulgi-ah, are you okay?" another girl approaches her and gives her an ice pack for her aching foot.

"I'm sorry that you had to fill in for Yerim. It's very unusual that she doesn't show up without notice," she continues before she takes a seat beside Seulgi.

"Thanks Taeyeon-unnie. No worries, I have no other plan anyway," Seulgi answers and lets the ice pack rest on top of her aching foot.

"Once again, thank you for filling in. By the way do you know where Yerim is? She didn't answer all of my calls."

"Hmm yesterday night she did say something about her class, but I don't really remember."

"That's right! She told me she has to take a supplementary class, and.... that's today. Stupid me, she even asked me to fill in for her," Taeyeon says as she finally remembers.

"Well that made it my fault. Please forgive me Seulgi-ah," she says while pouting and sending finger hearts, trying to appease her which successfully earns a hearty laugh from Seulgi. Seulgi knows there is no way she could be angry with this unnie.

"Stop it unnie, I'm not mad at you," she says.

"But still.. How about this, my shift will be over in another 30 minutes. How about we grab some drinks? My treat," Taeyeon says.

"Sure, thanks unnie."


After Taeyeon left to return to her position Seulgi continues to massage her feet for another 5 minutes before she decides to take a tour around the gallery.

She walks rather aimlessly, only spending less than 10 seconds on each art piece before she comes accross a particular drawing. It is a picture of a man playing piano with flame ablaze in front of him. She stops in front of it and stares for a long time as she tries to capture all details of the picture.

"Does it remind you of him?"

Seulgi turns her head towards the source of the voice and finds a man looking at her.

"Jaebum-ah. Why are you here?" she asks.

She was surprised because her boyfriend is not supposed to be here as yesterday he told her that he was going to Seoul and won't be back until next weekend to finish up a deal.

"How about your meeting?" she asks. Instead of answering Jaebum grabs her hand and leads her towards the exit.

"It's okay. I managed to push it back," he answers.

They go out of the gallery and grab a seat at a nearby bench.

"So what's you plan for tonight? Do you want to watch a movie, there is a new one coming out," Jaebum asks.

"Sorry, I already had a plan w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter