Chapter 8

Long Way to Meet You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun wants to have more room for herself so she asks Seulgi to sit at the front and Seulgi reluctantly caves in. The ride is nothing less than awkward especially for both Seulgi and Yoongi. They could not find any topic to talk about while Joohyun, their only hope, is rather busy with her phone so in the end Yoongi decides to just focus on the street.

If there is something Seulgi never wills to tell others it must be about her tendency to observe people's hands. She doesn't know when it started, but it suddenly became one of her habits and in no time she develops on it.

So just like now when she is faced with a situation in which she could do nothing but observe, of course she chooses to observe Yoongi's hand. She keeps on stealing glances either when he is changing the gear or when both of his hands are on the wheel. She is infatuated by how big and veiny his hands are compared to his relatively small build and she is struggling to hold herself back from feeling his hands.

Her imagination is bringing her somewhere else and she is starting to feel hot as she lets it runs wild. Seulgi is nowhere near innocent, she knows that but there's no way she would admit it out loud.

On the other side, the silence that keeps on building on is starting to make Yoongi uncomfortable and he has been thinking of a way to reduce it. He thinks that radio might works so he moves his hand to turn it on but his sudden action instead makes Seulgi flinches on her spot.

Yoongi turns his head and asks her curiously, "Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing," she answers in a small voice and lowers her head trying to cover her embarassed face as she knows that her cheeks must be very red by now.


When they finally arrives they find another car is already parked at the lot so they figure Namjoon and Hoseok must already home by now. They go into the boys' house and just like they thought they are greeted by both Namjoon and Hoseok who have been waiting for them at the living room.

"Joohyun! Thanks God you're okay," Namjoon pulls her into his embrace.

"Please don't overwork yourself. Taehyung would be furious if he knows" Hoseok says and he lets out a sigh.

"Thanks for not telling him," she says before letting go of Namjoon.

"That's that and wow.. is that you, Kang Seulgi?" Namjoon turns his head towards Seulgi.

"Long time no see Namjoon-ah," Seulgi says.

"Really, it's been like 5 years already. We met during graduation, remember? I think that's the last time we met," Namjoon says.

Namjoon is rather calm in handling the situation unlike Hoseok who could not keep himself from staring at both Yoongi and Seulgi alternately. His mouth is itching to say something but manages to hold back after he saw Yoongi's expression.

"I heard you're here for vacation and here I hope you're back for good," he says instead.

"Yeah, I'm only here for 2 weeks," she answers shortly.

Yoongi turns his head at her answer and their eyes meet for a while before he turns his attention back whatever he has been doing before.

"Any boyfriend yet?" Hoseok asks and again, Yoongi turns his head but to glare at the younger one this time.

Seulgi doesn't know what to say so she just smiles awkwardly, thankfully Joohyun notices her discomfort and go to rescue her.

"Why do you want to know about it? I'll tell Seungwan on you," she says.

"Woah woah, relax. I didn't mean it that way," Hoseok backs away for Yoongi's relief but his mind is now occupied as he keeps on thinking of what could possibly be the real meaning behind her smile. He decides to keep the question to himself as he knows that they would be suspicious if he is the one being persistent.

While they are all having fun reminiscing about college days which are mostly stories about Taehyung and his silly deeds, Seulgi couldn't help but feels her heart fluttered at the situation. When she broke up with Yoongi it was not only between them, but his friends are also included in it which means she also cut ties with Hoseok, Namjoon, and Taehyung. Therefore this situation she is in now is rather nostalgic for her and she just realized how much she misses being with them, Yoongi especially.

Without realizing it she glances at Yoongi and she is met with his dark eyes and she tries to read his expression but before she manages to he has turned his head towards the other.

Lucky for Yoongi, Seulgi seems to not realize that he has been staring at her for long enough. She doesn't know how he's been trying to drink all of her features in and how he reminisces the time when he was able to hold her tight and how her lips quivered under his dominance and also how much he misses those times.

The night passes on fast and they decides to call it a day before midnight comes to ensure that Joohyun will have enough rest for that day.


The next morning after they are finished with breakfast again Seulgi volunteers to do the dishes so that Joohyun have some times to prepare for work.

She already finishes soaping all of the dishes and is going to rinse them when suddenly the water is cut off. She tries to fix the faucet but still there is no water coming out.

"Joohyun-ah, the water doesn't come out," she yells.

"Really? Have you tried to close and reopen it?"

"Yeah, it still doesn't come out," Seulgi says as she tries it again but still with no result.

"Wait, I'll try to call Yoongi," Joohyun yells back from her room.

"Didn't Namjoon say that he is locking himself to work on his project. I'm not sure he'll come," Seulgi is talking to herself in a small voice and she remembers how he used to get mad if someone bothered him when he was focusing on his works.

But 5 minutes later there he is working on the faucet while Seulgi is observing him from her stance as she is leaning her back against the counter. Joohyun has already departed for her office so there are only the two of them left in the house.

"I just... I could not believe my eyes, are you really here leaving your works aside to fix a faucet. What happened to you?" she says, didn't mean to let it out loud but she is too dumbfounded at the moment.

Yoongi just chuckles at her and keeps on working on the faucet and his reaction encourages Seulgi to keep on talking.

"Are you really Min Yoongi?"

"I guess, people changed?" he answes.

"Really? Or are you secretly in love with your friend's wife?" she says which makes Yoongi burst out laughing.

"Seriously, do I look like that kind of person?" he stands up and turns around to face her.

With him crouching down and her standing up before, it was not apparent to them that Joohyun's kitchen is rather small to be occupied by more than one person, but now that they are standing face by face they suddenly realize how close their bodies are. Yoongi clears up his throat before putting his hands on the counter on each sides of Seulgi's sides thus trapping her against it.

"Do I look like that kind of person to you?" he repeats his words slowly and dangerously close against her ear. His deep voice sends shiver down her spine and she feels enveloped by the scent of his cologne.

Her breath hitches when she feels his hand on her chin and pulls it up so that her eyes are meeting his.

"Yoongi-ah..." Seulgi says between her heavy breath while Yoongi is inching closer to her pulse.

Suddenly they hear the front door unlocked and even though they are both surprised, Yoongi still manages to crouch back to work on the sink. Seulgi calms herself and turns around to find Joohyun standing on the front door.

"I forget something," Joohyun smiles at her before excusing herself to her room.

Seulgi sighs in relieve as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter