Chapter 1

Long Way to Meet You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's already 5. Let's finish this, shall we?" Yoongi says.

He has been sitting at the corner of the meeting room, trying to stay away from people's attention. But the meeting has been dragging too long and he couldn't stand the pain in his stomach anymore.

There are total of ten people in the room including Yoongi and they are trying to make a decision on the final design for their new project.

"So what do you suggest we should do Hyung?" Hoseok asks. He has been leading the meeting and was starting to get frustrated because he could not get as many feedbacks as he had expected. It is a huge project compared to their usual works and the risks are higher. Maybe that's why the other attendees are reluctant to share their opinions.

"It's pretty obvious to me though. Aren't you just afraid to decide because one of them is Jisoo's?" Yoongi answers and all heads in the room are turned towards Hoseok and Jisoo alternately.

Hoseok gapes at Yoongi and his cheeks were flustered red while Jisoo just remains silent, her eyes are fixed on the desk.

"Come on. Everyone already knows that you two are going out, it's no longer a secret," he adds.

Hoseok tries to calm down and opens his mouth to answer, but just then Namjoon decides to cut in. "I agree that this meeting has been dragging way too long, it's no longer effective. How about we just vote?" He gets up from his seat and walks to the front of the room while Yoongi immediately tears a small piece of paper from his book and starts writing on it.

"And please instead of just writing names, add your own reason too," Namjoon adds.

It doesn't take long before Yoongi finishes writing and he gives his paper to Namjoon before leaving the room. After that Namjoon opens the paper and sighs. In the end Yoongi only wrote "Jisoo, just because" and since it is supposed to anonymous, he could not say anything to his friend.

"What's wrong with Yoongi hyung? He usually just fall asleep or space out when our meeting take longer than expected. It's so unusual of him to speak up like that," Hoseok says after giving his paper to Namjoon.

"You're right. Maybe he has a date and needs to hurry," Namjoon replies and they burst out laughing.

"Yeah, a date with his pillow," Hoseok adds. It's been long since Yoongi had a girlfriend and they know he is not the type to date around.

Jisoo approaches them and gives Namjoon her paper before she smacks Hoseok's back. "Yoongi oppa didn't have lunch before this meeting because you only scheduled it for 30 minutes and see how long it actually takes. 3 damn hours," she says.

"Damn, he must have been starving, hope his stomach is okay. I'll go check on him," Hoseok says while rubbing his stinging back.


Meanwhile Yoongi is already back at his table and he takes out a medicine bottle from his drawer. He pours out one pill, brings it to his mouth, and drinks some water to help it go down his throat and after that he lets his head rests on the table.

He closes his eyes, letting his mind to trail off.

The same memory never fails to play in his head and he is quite sure it is either triggered by his pain or the medicine for it.

It is and will always be her. "Seulgi," his mind is calling for her.

It was the very day when he gave her one strap of his medicine. She was asking for the name and he was just showing it to her when she decided to grab one for herself.

"I'll put it inside my wallet so that you'll always be safe with this as your backup," was her answer when he asked what she was going to do with it.

It is funny to him, how he always manage to remember that exact scene every time his gastritis relapses. It always starts with their date that day, how they skipped lunch to match train schedule and how he withstood his stomachache until they finally found a small diner. And it always ends with the medicine.

"Since we'll always be together, I think I also have to carry one. Just in case you forgot yours."

Yoongi probably doesn't realize that he has been smiling all this time, but then he suddenly frowns. He could not remember her smile, as al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter