Chapter 6

Long Way to Meet You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When night comes, Seulgi goes by herself to the place where she's going to stay at. She stands at the front door, both of her hands are full with her luggages so she puts down one bag to press the door bell.

"Coming!" she hears someone answering from behind the door and not long after that the door is opened and a beautiful lady comes out to greet her.

"Hi! You must be Seulgi, I'm Joohyun," the lady reaches out her hand while Seulgi just remains silent. She keeps on staring at Joohyun's face and could not take her eyes away as she could not believe how pretty Joohyun is. Pretty even is an understatement for her, she is breathtaking.

Joohyun clears and waves her hand trying to grab Seulgi's attention.

"Oh sorry. I'm Seulgi, thanks for having me," Seulgi just realizes that she has been staring and it would be the last thing she wants to be considered rude by her host.

"And sorry for staring. I can't help it, you're very pretty," she continues.

"No, I should be the one to thank you. Thank you for coming.. and also for your compliment," Joohyun answers with a smile and invites her to come in.

"This is the living room, you can watch TV anytime you want but try to keep the volume down after 10. Oh and please make yourself at home, okay?"

Seulgi nods her head while her eyes are busy looking around the room. She is quite amazed by the number of paintings there, even though she has been working in art gallery for 5 years, she still fails to recognize some of them.

Her eyes falls to a wedding picture of Joohyun and her husband, they are standing side by side with their backs to the camera but with their heads turned to face each other. She spends some time to observe the picture and she fells that Joohyun's husband is somehow familiar to her. But before she could figure it out, she hears Joohyun calling her name.

Joohyun is already at the end of a corridor and in front of her is a door which leads to the guest room.

"This will be your room. We've cleaned it up for you so make yourself comfortable, okay? I'll be in the kitchen if you need something," she says before leaving to give Seulgi some space to adjust herself.

After she puts down all of her luggages and changes into something more comfortable, Seulgi goes out to the living room and as she hears noises coming from the other side of the room, she decides to go there.

"Do you need some help?" she approaches Joohyun who is standing behind the counter, preparing some food.

"Do you cook?" Joohyun asks her back with a wide smile. She could really need some help since she is preparing 5 portions of food.

"Not a good one, but I can at least help," Seulgi answers with her head is slightly tilted and a slight smile is plastered on her face.

"That would be wonderful. I'll do the cooking and you can be my assistance," Joohyun says as she hands Seulgi an apron.

"Sure," Seulgi takes the apron and wears it.

"But why are you preparing so much?" she asks.

"Oh that's because I always have dinner with our neighbors. We've been taking turns to be in charge and tonight is mine," Joohyun answers and Seulgi just nods her head.

"Okay, are you ready for your first task? As you can see, we'll be having pasta for dinner so I need you to boil some water for the pasta," Joohyun continues and Seulgi immediately follows her words.

While waiting for the water to boil, Seulgi starts thinking about Yoongi again. She is still hoping for a chance to find him but then again she is also worried to face the reality and she lets out a sigh. Overthinking is another habit of her that she has been trying hard to get rid of.

What Seulgi doesn't realize is that Joohyun has been watching her in silent. Joohyun remembers her mother in law told her that Seulgi had just broken up with her boyfriend and that maybe she decided to come back because she needed to run away.

She is thinking of what she could possibly do to help Seulgi and suddenly an idea popped into her head. Maybe she could introduce her to Yoongi or Namjoon. They said meeting new people might be able to help people moving on and then maybe they could turn into something more, as she starts imagining things she couldn't help but smile.

Seulgi manages to prove herself as she does a really great job in following Joohyun's orders and they also have a lot of conversations which is mainly about her life in London as Joohyun is very curios about this particular topic.

Joohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter