Chapter 4

Long Way to Meet You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi is still deep in her sleep even though sun is already bright and light is peeking into her room from between the curtains. When her phone suddenly rings and makes her get up with a jolt, only to be welcomed by a sharp pain to her head.

She stays in that position for a while until the pain finally subsides and then she grasps along her desk to find her phone.

"Hi mom."

"Hi Seul, how are you?"

"Great! How about you?" she is not exactly lying except for the fact that her head is a throbbing mess.

"Same old me. I just want to know your plan for the next holiday. Are you going back home?"

"I was planning to. Is there something wrong?"

"Well the thing is, we are going to renovate the house and it was scheduled to be finished next month. So, we have rented a small house for us to live in during the renovation," her mother answers and pauses for a while.

"Wow that's great. And?" Seulgi asks.

"We only rented a very small house because we thought you will be too busy to come back this year and that house only has 1 bedroom," her mother continues.

"So are you saying that I can't come back next week? But I miss you guys so much," Seulgi says with a disappointed voice.

"No, that's not what I wanted to say. Do you remember aunt Kim?"

"There's sure a lot of aunt Kim that I remembered. The yogurt lady, the hotel owner, next door aunt Kim..." Seulgi trails off before her mother cut her.

"My friend, the hotel owner. Her son is currently working in London, but his wife is staying here in Seoul and she's living alone."

"What? That's horrible, how could he leave her?" Seulgi says cutting her mother.

"Yeah, he's a horrible husband, but that's not my point. The point is, when I kind of told her about you, she insisted to let you stay at her son's house, that way you can visit us and also accompany her daughter in law," her mother continues.

"Mom, you know how I deal with stranger," Seulgi says, suddenly she doesn't feel that excited anymore.

"I know, of course I know. But her son's house is only one block away from us and her pregnant daughter in law is living alone, I just... I hope you can live with her even if only for a while, I believe you can bear with that," her mother says.

Seulgi can't deny that part of her wants to do it, but she feels very uncomfortable around stranger and she doesn't want to spend her vacation in awkward with a stranger.

"Let me think about it, okay mom? I'll call you back later. Bye, love you."

"Love you too, bye," her mother says before turning off the call.

Seulgi puts her phone back on top of the desk before she goes out of her room to the dining room. She is greeted by her housemate, Yerim, who is all prim and ready for her day.

"Good morning my lovely unnie," she raises from her seat and ushers Seulgi to grab a seat.

"You must had a really bad day yesterday, here I've grabbed some chichken soup to ease your hangover," she says while giving Seulgi a mug full of soup.

"Thanks Yerim-ah, I really need this," Seulgi blows on it to make it cool down a little before finally able to drink it.

"No problem unnie, it's the least I can do to thank you for yesterday," Yerim says with her eyes gazing at Seulgi's face lovingly.

"By the way, Jaebum oppa called me earlier to make sure you remember your date," she adds.

"Oh right," Seulgi puts down the empty mug and grabs a ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter