Chapter 28 Baby Moon

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am so sorry it took me this while to write this chapter, even though I am going through some emotional circumstances and was closed off to myself, I felt that maybe writing would help me get of my mind a little bit, and it did help. So, thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Ewon

"Oppa, I made lunch." Sica came bouncing into the nursery, her 'Reading is my Super Power' apron tied in the front. She'd come so far in the last year, from not feeling good about her intelligence to boasting about her reading skills. I was thrilled at how the world opened up to her once she connected with the right school.

"As soon as Leo is done with his, I'll be down." Leo had decided that the twenty minutes a side rule was far too short for him, and I had spent the past hour in the gliding rocker as he ate greedily. The nursse said he was about to have a growth spurt "When did you start cooking anyway?"

I'd seen the apron in the kitchen and had assumed it was just for show because of the words written on it. Sica was fascinated with many things, but cooking had never been one of them unless it involved frosting, and then she was all over it, hoping to get to the bowl clean.

"Sully's dad says that cooking is talking with heart. He says it is one of the best ways to say 'I love you'." she was bouncing on her tippy toes. Over summer, Sully and Sica were able to attend the same art camp and had grown to be best friends. From what little time I'd spent with her father, he seemed like a great guy, and he was raising Sully on his own. That could not be easy.

"And how did you say you love me today?" I sang, something that Leo seemed to enjoy and had quickly became a habit.

"With fresh mozzarella on a ciabatta roll with tomatoes, mayonnaise, and basil."

"Fancy." I said impressed. Although I wasn't as much as impressed by the menu but by the fact that Sica even knew those words she just said.

"Wait until you see the dessert." she skipped out of the room to tell everyone Leo was eating so they better not touch a thing. Given it was Nichkhun's favorite bread, I had a feeling her warning came a little too late.

"Are you almost done, little man? Da is getting hungry." he kept away without a care in the world. I was taking it as a 'no'.

I slowed my rocking pace, bringing my feet off the ottoman and onto the floor. He had to be almost done and I truly was ravenous, so a little motion would either remind him there were better things to pay attention to or he'd continue his dining. Either way, I'd get to the kitchen in time for what sounded like a delicious meal.

I pulled up the sides of my baby wrap one shoulder at a time nestling him in close before wrapping it around my middle and fastened it securely. The first week I'd been home, that thing was worse than those puzzles they make out of horseshoes. Now, just over a week later, I was able to get him all nice and cozy in no time flat.

The sound of laughter filled my ears as I made my way into the hallway and toward the kitchen. It was a common sound in the house, and one I cherished. It was going to be sad when Taecyeon went back to work. Having him home with us all since the baby came had been a little slice of chocolate cake.

"Oppa, Leo asleep?" Sica called as she pulled out a chair for me. She was going all-in on this little chef thing.

"Nah, but I'm hungry, too, and I heard we had a fancy lunch." the puppy almost tripped me as he tried to get my attention "You go sit or roll over or something." I scolded playfully.

"Sica told us to wait too late."Nichkhun eyed his half-eaten sandwich, his plate void of the cheese puffs that adorned the others'.

"I see that." I picked up the glass of iced tea at my plate and  took a long drink from the oversized straw. Sica had been sure I would spill my tea or coffee on Leo and had somehow convinced the guys I needed to drink only cold things when I was wearing him. She may have mentioned all the stains on my paternity shirts as proof, but whatevs. I surpringly took to it though, and iced tea had become my beverage of choise.

"I waited." Taecyeon puffed out his chest as if wanting a cookie.

"As did I." I sassed back, bringing up the sandwich for the first bite. It was a sandwich, nothing amazing about it, but I mmmmed as I chewed as if it were the best thing I ever tasted.

"Told you he'd love it." Sica said all proud.

"You were right. My idea of tacos was not up to par." Nichkhun popped the last bite of his sandwich in his mouth.

"I would've been happy with toast and cream cheese, Sica. Just you wanting to help maked me over the moon happy." before cream cheese skyrocketed in price and lost its place in the convenience store, cream cheese on toast had been staple in our house. Some days we even put olives on it, for a special treat. We don't have to worry about money in that same way anymore, but I still held onto those memories. Where you come from grounded you.

"So next time you want cream cheese?" Sica looked at me perplexed. Wow, this little princess's tammy has been way over spoiled with "good" cuisine, she used to enjoy cream cheese more than me.

"Next time I want whatever you want to create." because Sica making lunch meant I didn't have to, and while Leo did sleep more than he was awake, the little fella took up most all of my time, something I hoped Sica understood and didn't get jealous about.

Of course, she got two pets and two dads out of the deal, along with a bedroom fit for a queen, so she was probably aces.

"Don't say that, little one." Taecyeon's voice became far too serious for the conversation "Yesterday she made me a peanut butter annd mustard sandwich."

I smiled brightly as memories from my childhood rushed back to me.

"Mom used to make those. They're yummy. Did you even try it?" I scolded. There had been a time when the schools had decided sugar was bad and banned sugar-added products from our lunches. It was short-lived when parents banned together and told them to cut the crap, but for that brief time, my mom experimented with all kinds of crazy concoctions, one of them being peanut butter and mustard. It had been my favorite, annd something I still ate when I got a hankering.

"I made him follow the three-bite rule." Sica pronounced with pride. I loved that she could go toe-to-toe with Taecyeon while still being respectuf. It was good for him "Please tell me I never made faces like he did."

"I think I need to see an example to know for sure." I gave him the 'I dare you' eye and he just shrugged.

Nichkhun however, was up for the challenge, instantly making faces of displeasure, one after another.

"Yeah." I laughed "You totally made those faces, Sica." she had, and worse. She pretty much only like one food during her threes-toast-and toast, a complete meal did not make.

"I can't believe I was as bratty as Khun-appa." she went back to her sandwich, looking over the edge of the table often. Dimes to Won, her puppy was begging at her food for either scraps or love. The furball was a for both.

"Very few people are." Nichkhun conceded knowing right well he was in that category of very few people.

"I gotta take the dog out." Sica jumped out of her chair with urgency. I had to give it to her, she had really stepped up with the whole dog thing "Don't let Giggles on the table. He keeps trying to eat my food."

And clothing and house plants and shoe laces, the list went on and on. You would think being blind, he'd stay out of trouble, but he had a sixth sense when it came to finding things to chew on that were NOT his.

Sica grabbed the leash off the back door and managed to connect to the pup's harness, which was a fear in and off itself, before taking him outside. One of the nicest things about our home was that the kitchen overlooked a huge fenced-in backyard so Sica could feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter