you're in denial

Denial (Lime Series: Story #2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C7: you're in denial

 

At home Miseon teases me about not coming home two days in a row. I immediately roll my eyes and rush off to my room.

 

I lie back on my bed and smile to myself. I could get used to this. Staying at Hongseok’s and waking up to him. It was weird but at the same time it felt natural.

 

Hours pass and I rummage through my closet. I choose another outfit for the party, wearing what I wore last time actually doesn’t seem that bad. I had one other outfit similar. So I try it on. The outfit consisted of a short black high waisted skin tight skirt and a black crop top that left my chest more exposed than a normal crop top would.

 

Miseon walks in once I have it on and whistles. “Damn, you going to another party?”

 

I nod. “Does this look okay?” I twirl around for her and stop to look at her again.

 

She nods sending me a sly smile. “Hongseok will love it.”

 

I roll my eyes but slightly blush. “You think so?”

 

She snorts. “So you admit it?”

 

“Admit what?” I glance at her confused. I busy myself with my hair in the mirror glancing at her in the mirror when she replies.

 

“That you like him?” She winks.

 

“I don’t know if I like him, but I am attracted to him.” I shrug not facing her. I mean there's a high possibility that I do but I didn't need to think too much about it.

 

She huffs. “You’re in denial.”

 

-

 

Hwitaek picks me up like he said he would. We drive to Hongseok and Jinho’s to get them. Hwitaek knocks on the door and Jinho answers. He opens the door wider to allow us in. Kayoon sat on the couch waving in our direction once we entered.

 

“Wow you look great!” She says jumping up to come admire my outfit. She has a cute pink dress on herself.

 

"You too!" I point out.

 

Hongseok steps out from the hall and I glance at him as his eyes go to my outfit. Was Miseon right? Did he like it?

 

“You guys ready?” Hwitaek interrupts my gaze moving to him.

 

“Yeah!” I cheer.

 

-

 

At the party Kayoon and I head in first. The boys got caught up talking to some other high school friends. We ended up in the living room. Almost immediately I notice Shinwon smirking my way. I sigh, how did I not expect this?

 

It didn’t take him twice to move forward in our direction.

 

“Hey there pretty ladies.” He winks. Kayoon sighs already annoyed.

 

“Hey Shinwon.” I murmur, looking anywhere but at him.

 

“Say do you both want to accompany me upstairs?” He places a hand on each of our shoulders.

 

I shrug his hand off and shove the other off Kayoon’s shoulder. “She’s engaged back off.”

 

“But you aren’t.” He leans forward closer to me. “We can continue what we started last time before Mr. er interrupted us.”

 

I scoff. “No.”

 

“She’s with Hongseok. Leave us alone.” Kayoon interrupts him as he was about to speak again. I glance at her surprised she said that. But I mean I’m glad she said it since he automatically seems putoff by it.

 

He huffs. “Fine.” He takes off to the kitchen.

 

-

 

An hour later we were on the dance floor. I was actually having fun at the party this time and I wasn’t wasted. As the current song comes to an end I make eye contact with Changgu who had just came in from the hall.

 

I squint, he was alone for once. That’s odd. Jihee was always up his . It took me a bit to comprehend that he was walking directly towards me since I was so focused on dancing. The next thing I know he’s standing right in front of me.

 

“Can we talk?” He asks.

 

I felt someone come around my shoulder. “Talk about what?” Jinho says staring straight at him.

 

Changgu seems taken back by Jinho’s sentence, I don't think he knew everyone was kind of pissed off at him for how he treated me over the whole Jihee cheating incident. “I-uh just need to talk to her.”

 

“Why’s that? You’ve been ignoring her for the past three months?” Jinho argues back.

 

I sigh, I didn’t want them to get into a huge argument over this. This was between me and Changgu.

 

“Jinho, it’s fine. I’ll talk to him.” I pat his shoulder. On the other side of him Hongseok stood staring at the ground avoiding eye contact with anyone.

 

-

 

Once we’re upstairs he directs me to the end of the hall. This wasn’t Hyojong’s place so the layout was different than the last party’s. We end up in a bedroom that was furthest down the hall. I sit down on the edge of the bed crossing my arms over my chest waitinf for whatever he wanted to say.

 

“So?” I start out.

 

He shuts the door and leans back against it. “You were right.”

 

I raise an eyebrow. “About?”

 

“Jihee.” He sighs. “She was cheating on me.”

 

I snort, my hands automatically coming together to clap at how he final figured things out. “Wow, you finally came to your senses huh?”

 

He sighs. “I’m sorry I didn’t believe you.”

 

I push myself off the bed. “I think the real question is why didn’t you believe me? You dumped me who was friends with you since childhood for a girl you’ve known for less than a year? You believed her over me? Why would I lie about something like that?”

 

I could finally get angry, I could finally let out all my pent up anger on him. This was going to be a great night.

 

“I don’t know okay.” He runs a hand through his hair. “I was just confused, I found out you liked me and it was weird at first you know, because you were my best friend. I didn’t know what to do, and then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter