it’s all my fault

Denial (Lime Series: Story #2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C10: it’s all my fault (Bonus Chapter)

“Alright you guys don’t have too much fun!” My mom pulls me into a hug.

Recently my parents had moved further out into the countryside. I was peeved t first because I didn’t want to have to travel so far to see them but once I saw the place I didn’t mind it.

It was huge and had a huge lake we could swim in nearby. Which brought me to today. Fall break. I had invited a bunch of the couples to come with Hongseok and I to have fun this week. The main reason I chose the couples is because we each could go off and have our alone time if we wanted.

So Jinho and Kayoon were the first here since they rode over with us. Chunhwa and Shinwon arrived next. Lastly Hwitaek showed up, though instead of Rihyun being the only one with him her friend was here as well.

I felt bad for him. Him and Rihyun would never break out of the friend zone if she kept inviting other’s to things. The plan was for them to end up having to sleep in the same room together but now it seems Soyoon would be blocking them.

“We won’t.” I pull back from my mom.

“Alright, well we’d better go before your dad changes his mind.” She tugs on my dad’s arm. He wasn’t too keen on this get together being mainly couples.

After they are gone Shinwon is the first to suggest swimming. Everyone hurried and split off to change and go.

I met back up with everyone in the living room. Everyone was ready, Kayoon and I were dressed in sundresses, Chunhwa was just simply in her bathing suit, while Rihyun and Soyoon wore shorts and a t-shirt over their’s.

Hongseok moves closer to walk beside me. “Are you wearing the swimsuit I picked out for you?” He asks, knowing all too well that I bought the swimsuit he had picked out for me online two weeks ago. He had yet to see me in it.

“Mmm.” I hum glancing up at him.

He smirks. “It’s my lucky day.”

I roll my eyes. “Lets go before you get too excited.”

-

At the lake there were lots of other people seeking the cool water during this hot fall air. But luckily we find a space big enough for us all to lay out some towels and chairs.

Shinwon, Chunhwa, Soyoon, and Rihyun take off first. Hwitaek is eventually encouraged by Kayoon into joining them but he drags her with him. So that left me, Hongseok, and Jinho behind to laugh at them.

Jinho remembers he forgot the sunscreen and runs back off to the house. I turn to Hongseok and he glances back st me.

“Take your shirt off, lemme see them abs boy!” I laugh and he snorts.

He pats his stomach. “What if they don’t wanna see you?”

I smirk. “Then apparently you don’t wanna see me in my swimsuit either then?”

He quickly rips his shirt off and I laugh. I scan out into the water hearing Shinwon’s screams, Chunhwa had just dunked him under.

I laugh and my eyes scan the rest of the small beach and suddenly it feels like almost all of the female population here is staring in our direction. I glance to my side and see Hongseok putting on some of the sunscreen Jinho had just returned with.

After Jinho’s put some on he grabs the spraycan to most likely put some on Kayoon while leaving the bottle here for Hongseok to use.

I glance back at the sets of eyes. Hmph, I mean I guess he is good looking. I’d stare too if I wasn’t with him, or well I stare regardless.

I pout. “Hongseok will you put some sunscreen on me?”

He nods from his standing position, as he rubs the remainder of the sunscreen he used onto his shoulder. “Yeah take your dress off so I can.”

I smirk. “Won’t you take it off for me?”

He snorts, his lips quirking. “You’re just trying to work me up aren’t you?” He bends down to his knees.

My smirks widens. “Maybe.”

His hands go to the hem of my dress tugging it up and over my head. His eyes immediately trailing down my swimsuit clad body. He his lips at the sight. “I knew you’d look amazing in this but not this good.”

“You can take it off me too.” I even further. “Later that is.” My hand reaches out to rub some of the sunscreen he had missed on his neck in.

Hongseok swallows. “Wow.” Is all he says, somewhat ruining the mood we had going.

I snort. “Wow what?”

“You’re never so straightforward. What’s going on?” He sits down and seems like he’s confused.

I huff. “My boyfriend is hot as and people have noticed. I’m just making sure you only notice me.”

His eyes lighten up and he lets out a low laugh. His hand grasps my wrist tugging me forward to sit in his lap, my arms wrapping around his bare shoulders.

“What are you doing?” I say somewhat embarrassed. One of his hands rests on my hip, his fingers slowly creeping underneath the hem of the bottoms of my swimsuit. I felt a cold sensation as his other hand smooths across my other side.

“Putting sunscreen on like you asked.” He winks.

-

Hongseok and I wade out into the water, the cool water instantly soothing the heat of the summer away from my skin. We are almost out to the other's whenever I hear Rihyun's friend Soyoon's raised voice.

Soyoon shrugs. “I said she looks like a . She’s clearly looking for attention by wearing that swimsuit? That’s what s do.”

My eyes widen. Was she talking about me?

“Are you ing kidding me?” Hwitaek moves to Rihyun's side. “I’ve known her my whole life, she’s not like that. In fact the only person she’s had with is Hongseok.”

I swallow nervously, so it was about me? I my bottom lip into my mouth glancing down at my swimsuit-clad body. Was I that ty? I was always worried my curves would make other's look at me differently. I wasn't skinny, but I wasn't big either. I was stuck inbetween.

“She clearly isn’t satisfied with him then? Why else would you wear that ty swimsuit? Like come on respect your boyfriend by not flaunting yourself out there like that.” Soyoon glances at me. Hongseok pushes forward but I quickly grab a hold of his arm holding him back.

Jinho comes forward now pushing past Kayoon to stand directly in front of Soyoon. “I don’t get why you think you can come on this trip, stay in Mina’s place and have the nerve to even say that?”

Soyoon shrugs. “It’s not like I want to be here. I only came because Rihyun asked me to.”

Now everyone's fighting because of this swimsuit I wore.

Jinho clicks his tongue. “Then leave. No one wants you here.”

Soyoon glances at Rihyun. “You heard him Rihyun, let’s go.”

Hwitaek steps in front of her. “Rihyun is staying, she did nothing wrong.”

Hongseok rips his arm out of my hold and stomps forward.

“Listen here , I was the one who bought her that swimsuit. I was the one who asked her to wear it. Who gives a if she ‘flaunts’ her body out there, she looks ing good in it and people should see that if she feels confident enough to show people. You just took all the confidence she had built up and tore it down by saying that.” Hongseok seethes. “I never want to see your face again, if I do I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Soyoon scoffs and glances at Rihyun again. “Rihyun are you coming or not?”

Hwitaek glances back at Rihyun, his eyes were filled with hope. Probably hope that she'd stay and not go with Soyoon. He really liked her.

“I’m staying.” Rihyun replies. “What you said was wrong, Soyoon.”

She glares and stomps off. Once she’s out of the water Rihyun's gaze moves to me.

“I’m so sorry, Mina. I can’t believe she said that, I’m sorry.” She quickly apologizes.

“It’s okay.” I reply, my voice low. I lower my head my arms wrapping around my swimsuit clad body trying to cover myself up.

Hongseok is quickly back to my side and I quietly mumble. "Can we go back, please?"

“We’re going to head back to the inn.” Hongseok quickly places his arm around my waist tugging me back towards the shore.

-

Hongseok:

"Are you planning on wearing that out?" I say coming into the hall as Mina was slipping her shoes on. She was wearing one of my sweatshirts. It was one of my insulated one's. It wa 95 degrees outside, she did not need to be wearing that out. Especially if we were making our way to the Shrine.

She nods. "Yeah."

I moves closer to her glancing at Rihyun who stood staring at Mina concerned. "I mean not that I don't enjoy seeing you in my clothes but it's super hot outside, Mina."

"I'll be fine." She murmurs avoiding eye contact with me.

"We aren't leaving until you take that off." I say firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

Her gaze moves to mine and she glares. "You can't make me do anything, if I want to wear this outside I will." She huffs.

"That's my," I emphasize the 'my,' "Sweatshirt, you can't take what's mine and do what you want with it."

Mina rol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter