Chapter 9

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

“Joohyun?!”

“Joohyun?!”

“5 more minutes mom!” she slurred as she went deeper in her covers. She snuggled closer to that warmth that’s been surrounding her. It’s a Saturday. She was allowed to sleep in. In her half sane state, she ran through her schedule.

Nope. No site visits.

She was about to doze off..

Until she realized, her mom was not supposed to be calling her…

At All.

“Joohyun!”

She heard another voice. A man voice. Her fathers voice. Her eyes darted to her door squinting to make sure it’s locked and when she zoomed in and confirmed her head jerked back to the sleeping figure next to her who’s upper bare torso is showing

“OMG!” she shouted in a whisper “Oppa!”

She removed his arms around her waist and shook him violently

“Oppa for goodness sake wake up!”

“Hmmm”

“Oppa! My family’s here!”

Yonghwa’s eyes shot open as he bolted to sit upright. They could her people talking outside. Things rattling for being used. Doors opening and closing.

“”What are we going to do?!” she asked in panic as her head turned to the door and to Yonghwa who was probably half spacing out and half shocked. “Can you jump out the window?” she asked

“Are you going to kill me? You live on the 29th floor!”

She slammed her palm on her forehead “Oh yeah”

Then they both heard it. A slight rap on her door “Joohyun wake up honey”

“This is not happening” she murmured “Can you hide in the bathroom?”

Yonghwa chuckeld “I knew you’d say that, I can and if you really want I will or” he held her hand firmly “we can just go out of this bedroom and face them. Together”

She slowly turned to him and smiled despite of her worried face “Do you think that’s a good idea?”

“Well better than me staying inside your bathroom for heaven knows how many hours”

“I’m sorry, I’m just so confused, you’re right, let’s go out”

He smiled as he took her face in both his hands and kissed her slowly. The side of her lips turned upwards as she giggled.

“Aurgh! We can’t do this right now” reminding more of herself than of Yonghwa who has already let go of her. “Come on let’s do this”

 

 

The two of them couldn’t be any more surprise to find atleast 10 people inside Joohyuns villa. They stood by the door holding hands as the people stared out them in pure shock while they mirrored their faces. Joohyun knew her mom and dad are visiting. She didn’t know that her sisters were coming as well, along with her sister’s husband and their maknaes boyfriend, her aunt and uncle, and her cousins.

She bit the inside of her cheeks as she surveyed the people wo were also staring at them. She could feel Yonghwa’s hands squeezing her but for some out of this world reason, she’s not reacting.

“NICE! So you must be the owner of this tie” a girl not taller than Joohyun who has dyed her hair auburn red spoke while holding Yonghwa’s tie.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jung Yonghwa imnida” he bowed so low she thought his back would break “I’m Joohyun’s” he turned to her and she nodded

“He’s my boyfriend” finishing his sentence, following up with “I thought you won’t be in till next week?” trying her might to prevent her voice from shaking.

Her eldest sister Jinhye, 8 months pregnant, practically gawking was the one who answered “We decided to surprise you, but I guess the surprise is on us” as she rub her big belly.

“Well, surprise!” their maknae Jana, the red head, added with glee.

“Yay” was Joohuyn’s only response using her dead voice.

“Okay, well nice to me you Jung Yonghwassi” Jana smiled as she turned her back and continued taking out the goodies from the box they brought. She noticed how everyone seem to stand still and not say anything so she added “Come on everyone, unnie here is not 18, she actually should be married by now. Don’t just stand there and look like vampires.”

She looked at Joohyun who was looking back at her and mouthed  a “thank you” of which she responded by a wink.

When their mother recovered “I supposed you two haven’t had any breakfast yet?”

“Mom that is one poor way to start a conversation after a very embarrassing moment” Jinhye spoke as she sat down with her bowl of cereals.

“Let’s eat first” Joohyun’s dad stood up and headed to the kitchen where the food was laid out

Yonghwa who was trying all his might to be confident felt his knees is about to give out as they walked slowly across the living room and into the kitchen, everyone scurried and took plates and untensils and food trying hard not to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter