Chapter 22

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

He doesn’t even care about proper decorum or if there were any other patients on their floor, he shouted at the nursing station to call security as he strides quickly to Yeonhee’s direction, Joohyun who was sleeping was now wide awake and was trying to sit up. Yonghwa pulled Yeonhee’s arms so hard that she lost balance and was thrown on the floor.

“How dare you come here Lee Yeonhee! How dare you come near Joohyun! After last night, how dare you show your face in front of me?!”

She was trying to say something but no words were coming out.er face was full of surprise and confused at the same time “I don’t understand” she replied

“You don’t? You forgot what you did last night? You crashed our engagement party, stressed my fiancée and made her lose our child! Get the out of my sight Lee Yeon Hee or I don’t know what I will do to you”

There were hospital personnel crowding outside the door looking in to see if how they’ll disrupt the situation.

“I don’t know what your talking about”

Joohyun was holding Yonghwa back with the little strength that she has. It was the very first time she saw someone so furious she can bet that he can really kill.

“oppa please” Joohyun pleaded “Let it go”

“no Joohyun, she has done enough damage as it is. It’s time she pays for it” He removed her hhands on his arms and directed his gaze on the door “Please take this person out, my lawyer will deal with her”

When Yeon Hee was assisted to stand up, she tried to break free and shouted “I don’t understand Yonghwa! I didn’t even know it was your engagement party!”

“Please take her out”

“Yonghwa! How dare you do this to me! My father will know of this!”

When the door closed Joohyun began to cry “Oh my God, what is all these mess?” Yonghwa took her in his arms and tried to sooth her by rubbing his hands on her back but she kept on crying and cying for he doesn’t know how long. He was so out of it that the only time he got his sanity back was when he noticed Joohyun fell asleep.

He lied her down and took his phone to call his mom. He told her of what happened and was assured that their family will take care of it. When he sat beside her bed, that was the time he thought if going through this wedding was right. It feels as if that everything is in complete disarray and that they’re slowly losing control of the circumstances that they are in right now. He vowed to himself that if Joohyun decided to call off the wedding that he would let her. The last thing that he wanted was that for Joohyun to hate him because of everything that he has put her through, regardless if he intentionally wanted it or not. If waiting is what he needs to do, then waiting is what he must do.

 

__________________

 

The afternoon passed by slowly, he went from sitting beside her to sitting on the couch as he flick the channels on the teli. His eyes would fall on her sleeping stat from time to time but it looks like she won’t be waking up anytime soon. It was only during dinner that she woke up, food was courtesy of Yoona and Jonghyun, who felt the need to stay close to his bestfriend. He nagged and hovered and whined and nagged and hovered and whined all over again. Joohyun and Yoona rolled their eyes, her best friends’ skin is so fair she can totally see the dark circles that formed around his orbs. He ate with Joohyun on the bed while Yoona and Yonghwa in the mini receiving area.

Yoona noticed how Yonghwa would look at the two every now and then

“I hope my husband’s closeness to Joohyun will not make you feel uncomfortable, they haven’t been inseparable since uni days. First day of uni and they hit it off”

Yonghwa smiled and shook his head “Rather than uncomfortable, I envy their friendship. I told Joohyun this before, I wish I have a Jonghyun in my life. I’m glad there’s him all these time for her”

“When we were in uni, all of us in class thought that they were secretly dating, they go around together, come and leave school together, eat lunch together, even weekends were spent with each other, they denied it everytime someone asked them, until they got tired and laughed it off, until they just ignore the question altogether. Not one of us can understood, until I became close to them”

While Joohyun and Jonghyun is wrapped up in their own little bubble, so is Yonghwa and Yoona who were instead of eating, were picking their food

“I like Jonghyun from the first time I saw him but of course since I thought that he and Joohyun were dating, I kept it to myself, until for some unexplained reason, I gravitated to them and truly proved that there was nothing going on between them. I was the last one wo was added to our group of friends and I guess me dating Jonghyun added to the solidness. At first, when Jonghyun and I started dating, I couldn’t understand, no matter hoe much I knew, why he would still be that close to her. He would run to her first then to me. It was always the same story. Joohyun would hear his stories first before I do, and it bothered and hurt me a lot”

Yonghwa opened his mouth and thought for a second and closed it again

“What? Ask away Boss, I’ll answer truthfully”

He chuckled “I’m technically not your boss right now so go easy on the boss part”

Yoona laughed “Arasseo, Yonghwa, asked me go ahead”

“Do you still feel the same way now?”

“No, of course not. Tiffany and Sooyoung and I learned over the years that those two needed each other. They are 2 peas in a pod. They are soulmates. They’re a package deal. It was unfair of me to even feel that since they met and became fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter