Chapter 13

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

 

“Me, Yunho Hyung and Yeon Hee all grew up together, Hyeon Hee is a year older than I am. Every summer and Christmas break, our family would go on vacation outside the country. We’d go on cruises and it could go on for weeks and sometimes months, only the appa’s will be heading home because of the respective family business. I have not known a life without their family. I even thought, growing up, that Yeon Hee was my sister, until they told me that she’s not. Years past we became teenagers, that’s when you know feelings starts to develop. One evening while we were sitting around the bonfire, she told me that she’s in love with someone and that I know that someone pretty well. So I tried to squeezed the information out of her but she just wouldn’t give in. she turned in and left me pondering on who that person might be.”

Joohyun can totally see the clear image in her head as Yonghwa continued his story. The picture Boa painted earlier that day for her was a bit blurred but this one with Yonghwa, it’s crystal clear.

“I put the fire off as I was the only one remaining, when I was about to go inside our villa, I saw her and Yunho hyung talking, I heard her confess her feelings for him but he completely turned her down, he said that he only thinks of her as our sister, as family. She cried and cried and I suddenly felt very angry at hyung. My 18 year old hormanal-self went charging at my own brother” he chuckled recalling the said event. “I threw a punch directly at his face and began cursing. The parents all went down but of course no one told them what really happened and claimed that it was nothing but a sibling fight. That night I realized that I was in love with Yeon Hee. I came to see the reason why I always follow her, that I always do what she wants me to do, even to the extent of lying to my own parents.”

She smiled and shook her head, yes young love. It’s most of the time dumb and can get you broke.

“Why are you smiling? You think my stupidity is funny?” he asked her

Joohyun laughed “No, I would never dare insult your intelligence let alone your choices. That would also be a great insult to me”

“Yah!”

“go on, continue” urging him

“You really think this is funny huh? Wait till you get to the juicy part of this circus”

“You mean there’s more to this one sided ove affair?”

“Oi, she’s my ex, it was never always one sided”

“OUCH! Thank you for reminding me”

And it was his turn to laugh “When I found out how I really feel I began pursuing her, She actually told me the same thing hyung told him, that she only see’s me as her brother but being the bull headed person that I am, I kept moving forward. I even went to their house and told her parent’s I’m courting her which surprised them. Looking back now, that was really a stupid thing I did there, I became her driver whenever she’s drunk, or whenever her and her friends needed someone to drive for them. When she goes away, she will tell her parents that I’m with her and I would usually go hide somewhere from my parents since they know that we are together when in fact I don’t know where the hell she was. That went on for years, I was just happy she acknowledges my presence, during events when both of our families will be present, I will be her , I will be her date, the parents started to like the idea of us two, so they began teasing us and stuff. One time, during a luncheon, they slip about actually wanting Hyeon Hee for Hyung. But since that would seem to far fetch, I would just do.”

“Aw you poor thing” she blurted out. As she now sat on the floor with chips on the table a few more bottles of beer.

“Wait there’s more” informing her. “So as I’ve said that went on, she knew that I was in love with her she knew why I was doing all that buut I guess one can not teach the heart to love. Hyung met Boa noona in uni, they began dating after a couple of years out of uni, they announced their engagement during one of the family dinners and to my surprise Hyeon hee announced that we were officially a couple.”

“Oh ” Joohyun can’t help but comment “That’s not nice at all that’s so cruel!”

“That evening, I saw Boa noonas look, but I was so stupid not to see what’s the real deal because why would I when the woman of my dreams finally became mine? I was over the moon and was so elated that I didn’t notice what’s really happening. So we officially became a couple. Everyone knew. I didn’t noticed it at first that she would be extra clingy and sweet and flirty when Hyung and Noona would be there especially during the wedding preparation. But when it was just the two of us, shell sometimes downright ignore me. It between all this, I actually was being trained to take over the business, Hyung and Noona decided that after the wedding they will take over the Busan and start their family there. As the wedding day approaches, she became more and more clingy and yes a bit psychotic, I would never lie to you and tell you that we weren’t intimate because we were. She’s actually my first”

That actually made Joohyun’s body turn cold. Even if she knew that he has past experiences with other women, having to hear it directly from him still gives her the chill and the pain. She forced a smile and downed more alcohol.

“I thought that we were really progressing. I was so dense, I really have no idea.She began modeling and I took over the company, the modelling turned into cameos into small time drama until she finally became a full pledge actress and I turned to be the CEO. How perfect can those to be? Wrong. I was already chasing after her. People thought that everything was remarkable even our family. But it came to a point that I was the only one making an effort. To spend time with her. To see her. I did everything  I though could make her happy. I surprised her during her location shoots, sent coffee trucks, food trucks. Skipped important meetings just to see her. That’s the time Taeyeon, Yoona and rest became my staff. The company was falling so my father actually sent the A Team to the rescue. Hyung and Noon got hitched and left that’s I guess the time she decided that it’s all over. She broke up with me over a measely text. I almost lost my mind. We met after and she told me everything since she said that she owes it to our family. She said that all those times we were together she used me to get to my brother, that maybe if hyung saw us together that he will leave Boa noon and be with her. I didn’t know which was more painful, to be lied at, used or the truth. We broke the news to the family. They became upset, they said that they have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter