Chapter 4

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

 

Joohyun had to admit that she’s confuse at what Yonghwa is showing. She was positive on the first day that they met that he was quiet and calm  but that wasn’t the case on that second day when he seems playful and a bit forward but most of all, she’s confused at why would she even think like that. She had met a number of men and regardless of the reason of the meeting, wether it is for business or fun, she never took time to analyze any of them. She never even bothered. But him, whose presence is still undetermined, seems to make her do otherwise. He was one big puzzle for her, a puzzle she’d love to put together.

She never really had any luck with men, unlike her mother who has her father as her first love, her eldest sister happily married to a French guy and their maknae who also is seriously seeing someone. She on the other hand, the most hopeless romantic of the three got none. She was haughty before whenever her relatives would ask when she’ll get married but that’s no longer the case, she somehow tries to bail out every time there’s a family reunion, using her business as shield. She’d overused the “busy” card way too many times that no one even bothered to invite her on family gatherings.

Her family told her to take her time, there’s no point rushing these things as she might end up with crappy men. So she did take her time but she noticed recently that she took to much time, her “biological clock” is ticking as what Tiffany would always say. She’s now the walking cliché of “Always the bridesmaid but never the bride”. She’d worn way to many bridesmaid dresses putting Katherine Heigle to shame and giving James Marsden a run for his money. A bitter romantic comedy movie she seems to star on. Which brings her back to the man of the hour as her eyes mindlessly roam his face, when it landed on his eyes she looked away immediately feeling the heat that started to spread across her face. Yonghwa chuckled studying her as she zoned out after ordering dinner.

“You seemed distracted Joohyunssi?”

“I am?”

“Yup, I was asking how much is the estimate for redecorating my parents house”

“Oh, yeah sorry, how big is it?”

“Not too big, 2700 sq meters, 1350 sq meters each floor”

“Oh just two floors?”

“Yes”

“That’s only the house?”

“Yes, the land are is quite big but my mom loves flowers so she used it for her garden, and a separate garage, a pergola and a half court”

“Heol, not to beg eh?”

He laughed at facial expression “I told you my parents are rich but not me, I live in a bedroom villa in the city, near work, that’s as much as I can afford, I can’t even bring friends over because we won’t fit, I have a no dining table, I make do of my coffee table”

“Well that makes the two of us, but I have no coffee table but a dining table that can seat 4”

“See you have it better!”

“Whatever! So going back, do you want the whole house redecorated or just some parts?”

He thought for a moment before answering “I think the whole house needs it simply because my brothers family is growing, I want his children to have their own space in the house and I want my brothers room bigger, it’s beside my bedroom so I would suggest to tear down the wall and just make it into one big bedroom”

“How about you?”

“There’s the basement”

And once again she laughed out loud “Okay that’s too much Jung Yonghwassi!”

“I’m serious! The basement basically is like having a whole new house”

“Are you renovating your parents house just so that you’ll have an excuse of renovating the basement into your own personal mancave?”

“That’s part of it!”

“Arasseo point taken, I will need to schedule an ocular visit to take measurements and to see the current decorations that you guys have right now, most of the time, a house doesn’t really need everything replaced, it just needs a bit of remix and rematch and then add a bit of something new to complete the new look, plus, it will save us money and time”

“He smiled wide “I like that! very efficient”

“Thank you, I always try to be” smiling very proudly

“When do you think you can do the ocular visit?”

“Hmmm” mentally checking her schedule “I’m very busy this coming week as I have to fly to Jeju, a house that big may take around 3-5 months depending on what you'd want done, I can do a quick check tomorrow, would that work?”

“Of course, my parents are in Japan for the next 6 months so the house is all yours”

“Great, just text me the address and I’ll drop by first thing in the morning”

He shrugged “no need, I’ll come pick you up and we both can look at it”

“Are you sure? Aren’t you busy even on weekends?”

“Nah”

“If you say so”

The dinner became casual afterwards, both talking about their family and educational background. They also talked about how Yoona came to work for Yonghwa and not for Her and Jonghyun since it will make much more sense if the wife actually works with the husband.

“Yoona has always been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter